What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knightsrebuild - time to do something.

Burns

First Grade
Suprise last question. Asks who picks team

The answer is the head coach. I for one, am shocked.

Another questions!
Says we have top many jerseys. Why not out traditional strip?

There is no answer.

Lady from Bay 53 complains that the team do not come and say hi ti the children in the bay. Says it's a disgrace. Lady says she doesn't go to games because it's disgusting. Been there since 88 etc. You guys get the idea yeah

Burns

First Grade
Lady thanks Kurt for his time, lots of applause. Aku as well. Poor Jack Stockwell sitting there haha.

A final question! Man says if we clubs are on salary cap why can't we sign best players.

Matt says we have no third party to help out, no leagues club etc.

Jono078

Referee
I can't really talk because I failed to attend... But I'm glad some are asking the tough questions tonight.. :|

How would you sum it up Burns? Was tonight worthwhile and do you feel confident they are taking the right actions going forward?

Burns

First Grade
Video of stadium, all the legends saying stuff, dramatic.music. Nostalgic overload.

Pretty slick video, "It's the Newcastle Way"

Burns

First Grade
It's all over.

Hope that was alright guys, my quick impressions are eh. Nothing new. Most interesting thing was the Centre of Excellence

I will provide more impressions and answer questions after I have a feed/beer. It is a Wednesday and Newie after all.

Apey

Staff member
A video is now playing.

It's isn't working. Not sure how to press play.the video has been called off

The Plan and Video will be online on website after forum.

This is the greatest thing I have ever read.

Tenth question

Guy is a life member. Says our club creed is "be the player players want to play with". Is.concerned about the game generally, worried about the number of injuries. He would like board to ask NRL about support for players in later life.
Would like no 3rd man in a tackle.

That's about it

:lol: Did this bloke ask what the club is going to do about the young whipper-snappers on his lawn too?

Burns

First Grade
I have no faith at all in our club achieving anything as everyone clapped when lowries name was mentioned

I can clarify that there were clapping to the questioning of why players who are 30+ like Lowrie were being signed. Matt Gidley seemed quite taken back by it to be honest.

Nuffy

Bench
Overall good job Burns, we all appreciated the effort you went to.

I'll tweet some of the more key points you've made and we'll get a summary up on Facebook. Does seem to be similar to the pitch we got.

Burns

First Grade
Overall good job Burns, we all appreciated the effort you went to.

I'll tweet some of the more key points you've made and we'll get a summary up on Facebook. Does seem to be similar to the pitch we got.

Thanks, wasn't able to get all the presentation across but the Knights tweeted that a summary will be up on their site tomorrow.

I think the event went okay. It did feel very PR led and light in detail. That one question called them out and said "we've been here before" was telling I thought.

Gidley spoke well, Brian did not. To repeat that we need to have faith and find magic for success is embarrassing. That the club put posters/flyers on the seats and not the Strategic Plan like they thought they did was also questionable. Don't get me started on the video that wouldn't play.

The most interesting things to filter out were:

- Center of Excellence built near stadium. A plan that has ambition and further develops the pretty shabby land near Hunter Stadium

- The 'Crusade' is welcome, club happy to support fans who want to make banners/yell

- Bedsy said Ross and Tapine were to play, Knight tweeted that it wasn't definite but seems telling.

I was disappointing that there seemed to be no issue with the NRL ownership of the club and exactly how the club was to strengthen financially. The discussion regarding the new members package/program seems promising, yet we will see how it plays out.

Nuffy

Bench
Thanks, wasn't able to get all the presentation across but the Knights tweeted that a summary will be up on their site tomorrow.

I think the event went okay. It did feel very PR led and light in detail. That one question called them out and said "we've been here before" was telling I thought.

Gidley spoke well, Brian did not. To repeat that we need to have faith and find magic for success is embarrassing. That the club put posters/flyers on the seats and not the Strategic Plan like they thought they did was also questionable. Don't get me started on the video that wouldn't play.

The most interesting things to filter out were:

- Center of Excellence built near stadium. A plan that has ambition and further develops the pretty shabby land near Hunter Stadium

- The 'Crusade' is welcome, club happy to support fans who want to make banners/yell

- Bedsy said Ross and Tapine were to play, Knight tweeted that it wasn't definite but seems telling.

I was disappointing that there seemed to be no issue with the NRL ownership of the club and exactly how the club was to strengthen financially. The discussion regarding the new members package/program seems promising, yet we will see how it plays out.

Did you not get a copy of the plan?

Latest posts