What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kurt mann

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
I've heard the same Phil. That the Sunny Coast are actually winning a few more games with Mann as five eighth. He must be doing very well to push out someone else from the Storm at crunch time for the finals. Let's hope we have a winner. Gotta beat Chris Keating as a signing.

STGI

Juniors
What worries me is that we are apparently paying 275k a year for him
For someone who is not guaranteed a first grade spot.

Cagey Mac

Bench
I did read his career(albeit early days) stats & he has a tackle % of high 80's which i think in todays game is pretty good.So it looks like he doesn't miss many.

23 tackles last night with no misses isn't a bad effort for a centre. The fact that he's considered a half, 5/8 or fullback who can fill in a centre is also a damned good reason to have him on the books. Good size and still growing at 22 is all good too.

Last edited:
V

Vasilevsky

man you really hate this kid eh! Chalk and cheese re farrell.

I don't hate him. It's just that from what I've seen, either the rumors of Widdop leaving are true or Mann will be playing most of the year in the NSW Cup.

boardlumps62

Juniors
If Mann can crack a spot in Storm team surely he can get a position in our backline. We shouldnt be wasting money on backups we need speed and class in our backline.

blacksafake

First Grade
I don't hate him. It's just that from what I've seen, either the rumors of Widdop leaving are true or Mann will be playing most of the year in the NSW Cup.
If Widdop is still here Mann will be the first centre picked.Either way there's no way he'll be playing NSW cup.

V

Vasilevsky

If Mann can crack a spot in Storm team surely he can get a position in our backline. We shouldnt be wasting money on backups we need speed and class in our backline.

Why do you say that? For the vast majority of the year he hasn't been in the Melbourne backline but has been in the QLD Cup and Melbourne have one better three-quarter than any at the Dragons (Chambers) but other than that....... They are hardly bursting with talented three-quarters.

RedVEddie

Juniors
Dugan
Nighty
Aitken
Mann
Mata'Utia

outside of that no depth what so ever.

Justin Hunt should be re-signed, Kiti Glymin already renewed till 2017, Dufty still on contract next year, Izaac Thompson signed till 2017,

Definitely not - "No depth what so ever", but I agree that we need one more player in that rotation, preferably someone with experience and safe hands.

If all else fails I'm sure Jack DeBelin could play fullback next year right?

Last edited:

boardlumps62

Juniors
Yes and Mann has been killing it playing 5/8 in QLD CUP according to reports. Given Melbourne is a step above us as a team and their coach Bellamy is far better than our rookie coach Mary with much more experience it would be fair to say he wants the best players available in his team thats why Manns in the backline. He looked good in last game for Melbourne and thats why he would get a spot in our backline. Now we need a flying winger.