What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ladder Predictions for 2012

Which teams will make the playoffs in 2012?

• Manly

Votes: 128 72.3%
  • Warriors

Votes: 130 73.4%
  • Nth Qld

Votes: 105 59.3%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 96 54.2%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 128 72.3%
  • Canberra

Votes: 42 23.7%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 145 81.9%
  • Souths

Votes: 36 20.3%
  • St George Illawarra

Votes: 93 52.5%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Penrith

Votes: 20 11.3%
  • Parramatta

Votes: 55 31.1%
  • Wests Tigers

Votes: 121 68.4%
  • Cronulla

Votes: 40 22.6%
  • Canterbury

Votes: 51 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Slackboy72

Coach
The only team I will lock in at this stage are the Knights.
Bennett knows how to make the 8 and the Knights will be there.

Beyond that I will have Melbourne in there somewhere because of no-plans and the big 3.
Dragons as well because we only miss the 8 when we have a weak roster.
You'd have to have Manly as well.
As to the broncos, Warriors and tigers I think you can mount a case for why each of them will drop. Cowboys may improve but I think we have to see what JTs form is like given his knee injury and if Lui turns up there next year.

From out of the 8 I am expecting the roosters to improve the most, Parramatta marginally better with Sandow and the bulldogs if they actually appoint a proper coach should have a shot at the 8.

As to canberra I just don't know. A lot depends on Sam Williams and whether he can step up and do something other than put up bombs.

Titans are cause for pessimism.
Panthers are unkown without Civoneceva.
cronulla look to be treading water.

Finally what to make of 50uff$? I can only look and laugh out loud.

Lambretta

First Grade
I am not even going to try. I would probably get closer pulling team names randomly from a hat.

Based on your logic the following results will occur in 2012

Warriors
Storm
Dogs
Knights
Raiders
Roosters
Broncos
Eels

Tigers
Sharks
Souths
Titans
Cowboys
Panthers
Dragons
Manly

I'm not sure that method is really very good either.

Noname36

First Grade
The only team I will lock in at this stage are the Knights.
Bennett knows how to make the 8 and the Knights will be there.

I wouldn't say the Knights are a lock. We can have some pretty horrendous luck with injuries, and we all know that alone can derail a season regardless of who is coach.

MisterLove

Juniors
1.Manly- They should be still right up there losing hoppa and Robbo are a loss but wingers can always be replaced strong again in the forwards the halves will only get better I don't think 2nd year syndrome will be a drama for dce wouldn't wanna see too many injuries to the backs but Farrar and whare are good for depth.

2. Tigers- good squad again plenty of good youngsters coming through and Blair is one of the best backrowers in the comp as is Gareth ellis. As long as they can get off to a good start and Marshall and farah stay injury free they'll be up there.

3. Storm- good coach who always brings out the best in them and of course the big 3 still there. I rate smith as the best player in the comp after the end to this year though I think they may have lost a bit of there unbeatable aura other than the big 3 they have alot players who do an ok job in their side but would be pretty ordinary in any other side aka norrie, woolnough, lowe,lowrie, and it was evident at the end of the year how much they are going to miss Blair I was never the biggest hoff fan he is definitely not up to the blair standard. Other than slater and duffie their backline doesn't have too much bite.

4. Warriors- haven't really lost much at all from this years squad and would have gained alot of confidence as to what they are capable of this year and so many good youngsters coming through they will be in the mix again.

5. Broncos- plenty of good youngsters who have showed they are guns. The halves are the only worry that they have Lockyer will never be replaced so alot of pressure on Wallace to see if he can step up and guide the side around with norman at 5/8.

6. Knights- now having the super coach are going to come along in leaps and bounds over the next few years they have signed pretty well and have a few good youngsters to bring through I think they are still a few forwards short of winning the comp.

7. Raiders- had the side on paper to do it this year but I think they spent the whole off season reading their own hype in the Canberra times. Without the pressure next year and if they can keep Dugan and campese on the paddock they can give it a shake.

8.Titans- I don't know why they struggled so bad this year but they have recruited smartly for next year in the positions that they were lacking with Myles to strengthen their pack hopefully they move bird into the pack as well with rankin or sezer at 5/8. Idris and champion will be good in the centers to feed their speedy wingers.

9. Cowboys- Started strong this year but faded towards the end and didn't look to be a threat come finals time. Tonga will be a big loss but they do have a few good ens in the 20s but may take them a year or two to find their feet.

10. Dragons- you could already see how much they were going to miss Bennett towards the end of the year I just can't see them stepping up without him next year and a few players will go back to their old ways I don't rate hornby at all and it will be interesting to see how soward goes without his daddy I think it will be the end of soward IMO. The forward pack as was shown this year is just a bit soft I don't think we will see creagh in the sky blue again in a hurry.

11.Eels- It will be interesting to see what they do next year with sandow there. Their backline looks alot better, still lacking in the forwards big time tho and will be fun to watch how the two egos colliding in hayne and sandow all pans out.

12. Roosters- can't see much improvement happening with them at least they won't have the worry of the walking headline this year but doesn't seem like a happy camp under good old Brian. They over-achieved last year and are sitting back where they belong now.

13. Bulldogs- Graham is a great buy he is a gun. The forward pack looks good but the halves have nothing nothing at all hodkinson is so over-rated he brings nothing the only threat in their backline is barba.

14. Sharks- their forward pack looks good but it does every year they need halves and a good centre or two.

15. Lol@souffs- hopefully they win their pre season grand final against the dragons they went well at the end of the year on the back of sandow now he is gone the young bloke looks ok sutton is the worst 5/8 in the world and inglis only shows up when he's wearing a maroon jersey.

16. Penrith- they struggled this year but I can't see it getting any better for them next year losing petero and house and they have bought no one worth mentioning it will be a tough year out west!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
1 - Melbourne
2 - Manly
3 - Warriors
4 - Cowboys
5 - Broncos
6 - Tigers
7 - Dragons
8 - Cronulla
9 - Newcastle
10 - Canberra
11 - Roosters
12 - Bulldogs
13 - Parramatta
14 - Gold Coast
15 - Penrith
16 - Souths

goosie

Juniors
1 - Melbourne
2 - Manly
3 - Warriors
4 - penrith
5 - Broncos
6 - Tigers
7 - Dragons
8 - Cronulla
9 - Newcastle
10 - Canberra
11 - Roosters
12 - Bulldogs
13 - cowboys
14 - Gold Coast
15 - eels
16 - Souths

H.H

Juniors
Not gonna bother listing them as who knows, but I reckon the Roosters will be there.

Think they Roosters made 3 top 8 lists in this thread which gives me great confidence - everyone had them top 4 last year and look what happened.

If you're looking for where the improvement will come from, check the final 4 games of this season and in particular the progress of our young forwards.

The impact that had on Jake Friend's game was phenominal and I'm tipping a breakout year for him in 2012.

The flow on for the halves and the rest of the team will be enormous....not saying we'll win it, but we'll surprise a few.

Rabbitohs6

Juniors
1. LOL@50uff$ - seriously bra they've got John Sutton in the team, he won the best and fairest medal in 2009 for the club. Dunniesman told me they got this! And no I'm not talking about the charity shield, I'm talking Justin Beiber at the NRL Grand Final! Put your metho on it!

2. Chickadee Chooks - with the best coach in the competition who has demonstrated time and time again he's got genuine premiership winning credentials, I think the Chooks are going to be ruffling everyone elses feathers! Cockadoodlewoohoo!

3. Penruff - how fully sick is their halves combination? Travis Burns and Luke Walsh is the most potent halves combination in the NRL. Now they've let that useless old fart Petro go, they're gonna powwa up the ladder (over 9000 powwa).

4. NomorematteratParramatta - Chris Sandow is going to hone his shoulder charge skillz over the offseason and hit opposing teams harder than Paul Gallen come round 1. The only doubt I have about them is they released a number of first class NRL players at the end of last season. How are they going to cope without Carl Webb, Chris Hicks and Chris Walker come finals time next year? They may just have to pin their hopes on young prodigy Jordan Atkins.

5. Doggiez bra - When it comes time to defuse a bomb, fullbacks don't get much safer than Ben Barba. And the fact they have a ranga running some of the plays is just a billion different shades of awesomeness. As for that Steve Turner, what an absolute excitement machine. This guy is going to be the NRL's leading tryscorer for 2012. Absolutely travesty he wasn't selected in front of Akuila Uate for the Blues. Now I know why we lost our sixth series in a row. We didn't have Steve Turner out there!

6. Tits - with the recruitment of a couple of rock solid defensive centres and the awesome kicking and diving skillz of Scotty Prince, these guys are definitely going to feature come finals time. Fortress Skillz will become a feared place for visiting teams once again this year.

7. Raiduhs - They've got this real warm fuzzy family feeling down Canberra way (no I'm not talking about nepotism), and the mutual love and respect that players and fans alike have for David Furner will ensure they make the semis before Jarrod Choker misses the winning conversion against the Chickadee Chooks and people across the country start making choking gestures again. Also how reliable is that Blake Ferguson? Toss him a Kangaroo jumper!

8. Flatheads - Paul Gallen is going to partner Todd Carney in the halves (just because he can!) and with their astute recruitment of Mark "9ball" Taufua to replace the useless Luke Douglas, these guys are going to make a late charge towards the semis before they get dislodged by the LOL@50uff$ juggernaut.

9. Pussycats - Is it any wonder why they're trying to get Tim Moltzen back at the club? They made the wrong decision to retain Benji Marshall! Robbie Farah will spend the season either sooking about the refs or the fact he was overlooked for State of Origin again.

10. Worriers - Kevin Locke and Shaun Johnson will suffer severe second year syndrome and will enter the Daniel Mortimer Hall of Fame, never to return.

11. Womanly - Des Hasler will announce the week before round 1 he's leaving Manly to become the international ambassador for Pantene Hair Products. Brett Stewart will be too busy sulking all season about David Gallop not apologising to him that he will fail to recognise he's on a footy field and is meant to be helping his team play NRL!

12. Cowgirls - Matt Bowen will get injured in the first 5 minutes of round 1 and Jonathan Thurston will go into withdrawals because he has no one else to work off at the Cowboys. Unless they put Dallas Johnson at fullback, in which case they'll finish second.

13. Drongos - Gerard Beale will suffer from a season-long guilt trip because he was the reason Darren Lockyer was wiped out in the semi final last year. As a result he'll play like crap. Jack Reed will realise he's not like other rangas in the comp (see Dan Tolar) and will change his act. By playing crap. Peter Wallace, well he's just crap.

14. Light Rain - Cam Smith will retire during the offseason to pursue a lucrative career at All Trades Queensland. Billy Slater will slide in with the knees in the first game of the year and under the rules of the new Independent Commission he'll get suspended for the season. No plans Bellamy will continue with his grinding/wrestling/boring style of football despite the fact 2 of his big 3 are gone, and they'll get pulverised. Brown paper bags after the game won't help.

15. Dragqueens - no more Wayne Bennett. Plenty more choke.

16. Drugcastle - Wayne Bennett will lose his marbles during the offseason and will be put in a retirement home. Darius Boyd will throw a tanty about his daddy being gone and will return to Queensland to play for the Tits. LOL@50uff$ will belt Newcastle 60-0 and there will be LOL@Knoughts banners all over a packed out ANZ Stadium for the last round of the season.

whatta f**kin wanker.

Rabbitohs6

Juniors
1.Manly- They should be still right up there losing hoppa and Robbo are a loss but wingers can always be replaced strong again in the forwards the halves will only get better I don't think 2nd year syndrome will be a drama for dce wouldn't wanna see too many injuries to the backs but Farrar and whare are good for depth.

2. Tigers- good squad again plenty of good youngsters coming through and Blair is one of the best backrowers in the comp as is Gareth ellis. As long as they can get off to a good start and Marshall and farah stay injury free they'll be up there.

3. Storm- good coach who always brings out the best in them and of course the big 3 still there. I rate smith as the best player in the comp after the end to this year though I think they may have lost a bit of there unbeatable aura other than the big 3 they have alot players who do an ok job in their side but would be pretty ordinary in any other side aka norrie, woolnough, lowe,lowrie, and it was evident at the end of the year how much they are going to miss Blair I was never the biggest hoff fan he is definitely not up to the blair standard. Other than slater and duffie their backline doesn't have too much bite.

4. Warriors- haven't really lost much at all from this years squad and would have gained alot of confidence as to what they are capable of this year and so many good youngsters coming through they will be in the mix again.

5. Broncos- plenty of good youngsters who have showed they are guns. The halves are the only worry that they have Lockyer will never be replaced so alot of pressure on Wallace to see if he can step up and guide the side around with norman at 5/8.

6. Knights- now having the super coach are going to come along in leaps and bounds over the next few years they have signed pretty well and have a few good youngsters to bring through I think they are still a few forwards short of winning the comp.

7. Raiders- had the side on paper to do it this year but I think they spent the whole off season reading their own hype in the Canberra times. Without the pressure next year and if they can keep Dugan and campese on the paddock they can give it a shake.

8.Titans- I don't know why they struggled so bad this year but they have recruited smartly for next year in the positions that they were lacking with Myles to strengthen their pack hopefully they move bird into the pack as well with rankin or sezer at 5/8. Idris and champion will be good in the centers to feed their speedy wingers.

9. Cowboys- Started strong this year but faded towards the end and didn't look to be a threat come finals time. Tonga will be a big loss but they do have a few good ens in the 20s but may take them a year or two to find their feet.

10. Dragons- you could already see how much they were going to miss Bennett towards the end of the year I just can't see them stepping up without him next year and a few players will go back to their old ways I don't rate hornby at all and it will be interesting to see how soward goes without his daddy I think it will be the end of soward IMO. The forward pack as was shown this year is just a bit soft I don't think we will see creagh in the sky blue again in a hurry.

11.Eels- It will be interesting to see what they do next year with sandow there. Their backline looks alot better, still lacking in the forwards big time tho and will be fun to watch how the two egos colliding in hayne and sandow all pans out.

12. Roosters- can't see much improvement happening with them at least they won't have the worry of the walking headline this year but doesn't seem like a happy camp under good old Brian. They over-achieved last year and are sitting back where they belong now.

13. Bulldogs- Graham is a great buy he is a gun. The forward pack looks good but the halves have nothing nothing at all hodkinson is so over-rated he brings nothing the only threat in their backline is barba.

14. Sharks- their forward pack looks good but it does every year they need halves and a good centre or two.

15. Lol@souffs- hopefully they win their pre season grand final against the dragons they went well at the end of the year on the back of sandow now he is gone the young bloke looks ok sutton is the worst 5/8 in the world and inglis only shows up when he's wearing a maroon jersey.

16. Penrith- they struggled this year but I can't see it getting any better for them next year losing petero and house and they have bought no one worth mentioning it will be a tough year out west!

not to mention Sutton isnt a 5/8 !!!!

morley101

Juniors
1 Broncos Best young talent
2 Tigers great squad
3 Warriors Great squad
4 Manly May struggle during origin
5 Roosters Great forward depth
6 Eels Good recruitment and will win the close games
7 Storm Shallow depth
8 Cowboys Good home record
9 Knights Shallow depth
10 Raiders Outside backs still a worry.
11 Titans Improvement all round but still poor away form
12 Dogs Poor outside backs
13 Penrith Forward depth poor
14 Cronulla Much the same
15 Souths No halves
16 Dragons Can not score enough points

Hutty1986

Immortal
2 Tigers great squad
3 Warriors Great squad
7 Storm Shallow depth
9 Knights Shallow depth
15 Souths No halves

I love the pre-season :lol:

Bicey_18

Bench
2 Tigers great squad
3 Warriors Great squad
7 Storm Shallow depth
9 Knights Shallow depth
15 Souths No halves

What rubbish.. stick to Super League

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
1 - Melbourne
2 - Manly
3 - Warriors
4 - penrith
5 - Broncos
6 - Tigers
7 - Dragons
8 - Cronulla
9 - Newcastle
10 - Canberra
11 - Roosters
12 - Bulldogs
13 - cowboys
14 - Gold Coast
15 - eels
16 - Souths
I think Goosie is quite appropritate considering your ladder predictions.

DC_fan

Coach
Yes I know its just one week since the grand final, but I thought it may be fun to see who we thought would make the playoffs next season.

Teams have already signed there big guns for next season. So I don't expect to see major changes to teams rosters then what they are presently. Though there could be changes to Manly and Canterbury depending on what happens with Hasler.

thommo4pm

Coach
The Roosters are the only team nobody seems to think has any chance of making the 8.
I would have thought their own supporters would give them some hope.

Cliffhanger

Coach
The Roosters are the only team nobody seems to think has any chance of making the 8.
I would have thought their own supporters would give them some hope.

I think we may just scrape through in the eight, but we just don't have the creativity or direction in the halves.

We'll win matches because our forwards will lay a solid foundation, but we will slaughter most of our attacking opportunities and get totally exposed in the finals.