What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lassie thread - Dog acts of 08

skeepe

Immortal
There you have it... proof from the Fox Sports team that Kurt Gidley is an absolute dog.

skeepe

Immortal
Mr Saab said:
Nothing wrong with it. The game has gone soft.

No, I agree there's nothing wrong with jumping on a player who isn't held and is on the ground. Where I take issue is when the elbow and shoulder is deliberately cocked and then aimed at the player's head.

Mr Saab

Referee
skeepe said:
No, I agree there's nothing wrong with jumping on a player who isn't held and is on the ground. Where I take issue is when the elbow and shoulder is deliberately cocked and then aimed at the player's head.

Its within the rules..the ref was a joke for calling a penalty

skeepe

Immortal
Mr Saab said:
Its within the rules..the ref was a joke for calling a penalty

I can't disagree with anything you say there. I am simply saying it was a dog act, however legal it may have been.

Mr Saab

Referee
skeepe said:
I can't disagree with anything you say there. I am simply saying it was a dog act, however legal it may have been.

Did you have a problem with Ruben Wiki smashing Chad Robinson in 2003...much like how Wing was hammered?

skeepe

Immortal
No. I'm talking about Gidley, not Brown. I think what Riley Brown did was fine. I don't even have an issue with what Gidley did in theory... just the way he went about it. If he didn't lead with the elbow towards the head, no issue.

Shorty

Staff member
skeepe said:
No. I'm talking about Gidley, not Brown. I think what Riley Brown did was fine. I don't even have an issue with what Gidley did in theory... just the way he went about it. If he didn't lead with the elbow towards the head, no issue.
LMAO:lol:

Mr Saab

Referee
Slackboy72 said:
What about the shot on Billy Slater? Does that qualify for a cheap shot?

NOO!!!
He is lying on the ground and is fair game. There is no lying down in league (unless you are named Jarryd Hayne). He made no attempt to get up.

f**k this game has gone soft.

skeepe

Immortal
Slackboy72 said:

Of course not. What makes this different to the Gidley one I mentioned earlier is that Lauaki didn't lead with his elbow, nor did he attack Slater's head. That was a perfectly legitimate shot, and the touchy should have his flag revoked for his ridiculous report.

Danish

Referee
That shot on Slater was as "cheap" as anything else discussed in this thread.

Player lying on the ground. Whistle already blown, defenceless, no chance to defend himself.......

.......... and slater deserved every last bit of it for being such a cat and lying down like that.

MKEB...

Staff member
Slackboy72 said:
Why wait for a voluntary tackle when you can nail somebody? Pity the whistle went first.

Latest posts