What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lassie thread - Dog acts of 08

Brycey

Juniors
Ikin - no issue
Sterlo - no issue
M.Johns - no issue
A.Johns - no issue
L.Daley - no issue
Gus - no issue
Vossy - no issue
Geyer - issue

Says it all really.

Shorty

Staff member
Brycey said:
Ikin - no issue
Sterlo - no issue
M.Johns - no issue
A.Johns - no issue
L.Daley - no issue
Gus - no issue
Vossy - no issue
Geyer - issue

Says it all really.
Erm,to my knowledge everyone on the Sunday Roast,bar Vossy said it was distasteful.
Which if I recall correctly,is what is everyone's point.
It was bad taste.

_Johnsy

Referee
most of the ones you list did not have an issue, however did say it was a cheap shot.

Cheap shot = dog act.

ozbash

Referee
Ikin - IDIOT
Sterlo - SURPRISE
M.Johns - LOL
A.Johns - HEY MAN, DIDJA SEE THAT...
L.Daley - TOOL
Gus - F/WIT
Vossy - IDIOT
Geyer - issue - SHOULD KNOW

surprised they didnt ask vauton and whizz

no name

Referee
_Johnsy said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
No-one is asking for them to be outlawed, or for Brown to be suspended, we are just saying we consider it a dog act. It is about as tough as throwing a punc from behind another person, or from behind. Yeah, Real tough man stuff.

Lest see how many there are that are the same, this weekend.

Just saw sam thaiday do the a similar tackle, no one said anything because there was nothing wrong with it. Players are told at a young age to get numbers in the tackle to slow the play the ball and control the ruck. That was what brown was doing, part of the game and should be seen as such.

no name

Referee
_Johnsy said:
similar or the same tackle ?

Nominate Thaiday if you want.

Similar tackle - man is held up by two players and 3rd man comes in to put him to deck. Nothing wrong with it, play on.
I'm not nominating him cause he didnt do anything wrong. Brown shouldnt be nominated either

JAMES BOND

Juniors
Babyface O'reilly said:
FFS Roosters fans stop trying to turn this thread into a Souths bashing thread and trying to change the subject. Dog acts of 2008
Yet idiots are talking about stuff that happened in 2007.

Yes lets leave it as it was intended, a roosters bashing thread.;-)
07 gets mentioned because a lot merkins on here cheered the cheap shots on Anasta and now we're expected to believe their moral outrage?[/quote]

It's not a roosters bashing thread so suck it up you sook.
It's about dog acts of 2008. Coward acts of 2008. The first dog act of the season just so happened from one of your players.
If you can't acknowledge this cheap shot for what it really is, you and the rest that agree with you are just as low as Brown.

_Johnsy

Referee
Baring something amazing tomorrow night I'd say Brown has it in the bag.

Brown dog, quite apt considering it will be the first award for 2008.

Lego_Man

First Grade
Long may it remain legal.

If Wing gets up and plays on, this thread never exists. Mis-timed and ugly yes, but you have to be able to target the ball carrier at any stage of the tackle to prevent offloading.

_Johnsy

Referee
Lego_Man said:
Long may it remain legal.

If Wing gets up and plays on, this thread never exists. Mis-timed and ugly yes, but you have to be able to target the ball carrier at any stage of the tackle to prevent offloading.

No-one is saying it should be outlawed, just that it was a dog act. Mis-timed, now that is funny.

Archangel2

Juniors
The irony is that it will be Asotasi spending a week or two on the sidelines for his headslam on Brown in the second half. Brown has no case to answer..

Yup wouldn't surprise me at all, after all the NRL no doubt have it in there mind to make sure a foundation club wins in there 100 year celebration...the use of the Video Ref in the souths game compared to the other games would back this up as well...new rule so NRL can adjudicate a game there way...

Brown got what he deserved and then went into the papers whining...what a bitch. At least Wingey didn't do that...Roosters best side money can buy...Chooks to choke in 08!
Start painting targets on your backs boys...Kharmas a bitch! So Freddie!

Archangel2

Juniors
Geohood, so your Avatar is a mut, figures you would see a dog act as legal...see what you think when its your other bitch Anasta(got the name for it!) gets the same treatment! Anasta...Sounds like something someone does at a Gay Mardi Gra...Braithey oh Braithey, where you put the dildo? Oh up there...Oh wee Willie its you!

Seriously though, you really think if Brown walks away from this unscathed you chooks going to have your stars survive the rest of the season? Every Manjack player out there is going to see your act as a open gate, take your numbers off the jerseys boys you all just became targets on the field...Sad fact but a fact none the less if Brown walks away from this...(I chucked on the bus on the way home....diddums boy you will be doing alot more than that through the season) As for Freddie one thing we have learnt this weekend...he lies well! Go back to the gutter the cops found you in Freddie.

skeepe

Immortal
Any nominations for Josh Perry? Not for his first hit, which was fine, but for the way he then dove on Ben Ross and hit him fair in the face with his elbow.

Slackboy72

Coach
Did anyone see Nathan hindmarsh put a forearm into the back of Luke Patten's head? I think it was him. Could be wrong. I'll check the replay tonight.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
It may be legal but I'm one of those who thought it was pretty slack. Any time a bloke is being help up and someone comes in late (especially in the back) is poor form IMO. Fair enough play the game hard, but be a man about it.