What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest IMG proposals for Super League

Wb1234

Referee
Don't you see rich clubs like Catalans takes money away from UK scene?! Forget UK system is dying & small clubs have no hope of lifting game out of trouble.
Told you the English game is a mess

nrl would be crazy to invest the money will be spent and they will never get it back

they had 30 years to sort it out and still Leigh hull kr etc are in super league

Wb1234

Referee
there would be no png if Aus govt wasnt throwing silly money at it. There woudl be no perth (allegedly) if it wasnt for a sydney club being involved. So your argument has no water, NRl is no different to SL, it just operates in a very different environment and has been successful at maximising that. In fact Vlandys has said numerous times any new club brought in has to add value to the NRL.
Both clubs offer no value to tv

so we should offer them no nrl grant ?

Pippen94

First Grade

nrl would be crazy to invest the money will be spent and they will never get it back

they had 30 years to sort it out and still Leigh hull kr etc are in super league

You'd bypass small time people / groups. Just talk to big clubs. Some want to kill off one of them lol

Wb1234

Referee
Don't you see rich clubs like Catalans takes money away from UK scene?! Forget UK system is dying & small clubs have no hope of lifting game out of trouble.
Not joking

English super league clubs were complaining too many of their own fans were travelling to Catalans games and the club was making too much money from it

Wb1234

Referee
You'd bypass small time people / groups. Just talk to big clubs. Some want to kill off one of them lol
I’d wait till enough clubs die off or the game is weak enough for the nrl can come in and do what needs to be done

their tv deal keeps getting cut

Pippen94

First Grade
I’d wait till enough clubs die off or the game is weak enough for the nrl can come in and do what needs to be done

their tv deal keeps getting cut

They won't die. They already broke & semi professional. IMG moving towards closed league. NRL will fast track that.

RedVee

First Grade
Is $1.5mill going to kill Catalans off? If it is that’s alarming in itself.

To me, Catalan - & Toulouse if they get in - should receive the same grant as any other SL team. Either they are SL or they’re not.
I get though that decisions made under financial stress are not always the ones that you would make under better circumstances

Wb1234

Referee

To me, Catalan - & Toulouse if they get in - should receive the same grant as any other SL team. Either they are SL or they’re not.
I get though that decisions made under financial stress are not always the ones that you would make under better circumstances
It would kill of most super league clubs

I should’ve been clearer it’s pounds

they just started making Catalans pay for away teams travel and accomodation costs

Perth Red

Post Whore

I’m currently watching an nrl club in a terrible stadium with few fans in it who are dire on the field. People in glass houses!

Pippen94

First Grade

Idea that you'd kill off club, which by img's own metrics is one of the strongest, is bizarre. This is why game over there needs NRL to save it from itself.

Perth Red

Post Whore
He’s talking about Catalans which you said they should lose their funding

lol
No I didn't say that. I said I can understand why SL is questioning the ROI after they have spent millions on them.

You're the only one on here that is suggesting cutting an A grade club is a good idea!

Wb1234

Referee
No I didn't say that. I said I can understand why SL is questioning the ROI after they have spent millions on them.

You're the only one on here that is suggesting cutting an A grade club is a good idea!
Hull kr don’t offer much to super league and you want them retained whilst seeing a case for Catalans to receive no funding