What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League players and the Comm/Olympic Games

whall15

Coach
I reckon this sevens team might do alright

1 (winger). Slater
2 (winger). Uate
3 (half). Marshall
4 (centre). Hayne
5 (prop). Moimoi
6 (hooker). Smith
7 (prop). Taylor

Canard

Immortal
Te Hee

How can you be a moderator on a League site, and get all sooky when someone dares to say that League players are the equal if not better than Union players?

You cleary have a dislike for League and a passion for Union that is far greater, surely another site would be more up your alley?

Te Kaha

First Grade
Te Hee

How can you be a moderator on a League site, and get all sooky when someone dares to say that League players are the equal if not better than Union players?

You cleary have a dislike for League and a passion for Union that is far greater, surely another site would be more up your alley?

And you are clearly talking out of your arse.

Loudstrat

Coach
Your entire argument is saying League players would be the best in the world at Rugby... they would convert and instantly be better than any other rugby player... it hasnt happened before so your entire argument has no more substance than the shit you roll around in everyday.
It actually isnt. What I am saying is that there is not much talent that would be worth the investment of putting them into an NRL squad for next year. There are a number of reasons for this, but the main one being that for the $, bringing them into a domestic comp where they would have to match or exceed the talents of the likes of Yow Yeh, Gordon, Ballin, Mannah, Ellis, Hannant or Young - ie those at the level just below the elite. This is because the chunk of salary cap needed to bring them over would be the same or very close to the wages of the likes of Marshall, Thaiday, Gallen, Hayne and (when legal) Slater, and the RL junior system churns out equivalent talent at a steady pace anyway. If you were aware of a little known Rugby League club called the New Zealand Warriors you would see the evidence of such emerging talent.

I am certain that any top shelf Union convert could make a go of it in League like they did in the old days. Yet, the old days have changed, and both codes have increased their training in the finer details of the sport so much so that the learning curve coming into League would be greater. To me it's no coincidence that Union stopped being a potential breeding ground for League players once people like Warren Ryan and Ricky Stuart came up with uniquely League defensive strategies such as sliding, umbrella and gang tackling. From that point on the most successful League converts were not the crucial defensive positions -ie the halves (Iyestin Harris), or where one on one still ruled (fullbacks - Ridge, Davies) or were people like Halligan who came without a big profile, took their time to ajust and then settled in. But the essence of this thread is not to pick RWC players for 2013, but for 2012.

Besides, Leagues defence revolution was the reason that EVERY lide in the 2003 Yawnion World Cup had a former League rep player in a prominent coaching position.

To deny that there has been a sea of converts going from NRL clubs into national sides is stupid, insular and ridiculous. Sailor played over 60 tests and only 80 S14 games! There is a raft similarities between these players, they all went straight into better careers in Union that they had in League at the same level.

The differnce is that they wouldnt have played for the All Blacks... unlike the idiots at the ARU, the NZRU didnt bother raiding League ranks for players, they relyed on thier own players... and still beat the Wannabies with those League players in the team.
Which given the relative size difference between the junior systems of Union in NZ and Australia, is not surprising.

Even with the ARU's love of throwing money at League wingers, the only times that the ARU could boast that they had the best player in each comparable position in both codes in Australia has been only twice since the very late inception of the RWC in 1987. That was during the careers of David Campese (after Eric Grothe retired), and John Eales (after Brad Clyde's demise and before the emergence of Nathan Hindmarsh and the maturity of Gordon Tallis).

And face it, at no stage since, well, the end of WW2 has the best player in both codes been from Union. When you had Catchpole we had Raper and Murphy. When you had Campese we had Sterling and Hanley. When you had Lomu we had Fittler and Langer. When you had Wilkinson we had Joey and Jones. Now you lot inseminate hands all over Dan Carter. We have anyone in our mooted 7's team. And given the defensive qualities of Union, if we got rid of his helmet, his scowl and his silly tin soldier kicking routine, and plonked him in a Bore Black jumper, Soward could replace him and no one would know.

As for your sevens rant - that's a stupid as the lead ewe in the mob deciding it's a great idea to run in front of the truck. What the players listed ad-nauseum (you know, hopeless nuffies like Hayne, Slater, Marshall, Inglis (with or without the pies), Barba, Jennings, Uate or even a plodder like Sutton. If a team of them would enter the 7's - they would win. The fact that one of them, after 5 seasons of no exercise didnt single handedly win the tournament does not mean RL players are inferior.

Having said that, you could pick your fittest oldies from the 82 kangaroo tour and theyd probably win!

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
And you are clearly talking out of your arse.

Show me one positive thing you have ever posted about League on this site?

Show me one post where you haven't taken the Union side in EVERY discussion between the two codes.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee

Show me one post where you haven't taken the Union side in EVERY discussion between the two codes.

He can't and he won't.

He'll come back with, find them yourself and if you can't find them, you leave the site or some such bullshit.

Te Kaha

First Grade
It actually isnt. What I am saying is that there is not much talent that would be worth the investment of putting them into an NRL squad for next year. There are a number of reasons for this, but the main one being that for the $, bringing them into a domestic comp where they would have to match or exceed the talents of the likes of Yow Yeh, Gordon, Ballin, Mannah, Ellis, Hannant or Young - ie those at the level just below the elite. This is because the chunk of salary cap needed to bring them over would be the same or very close to the wages of the likes of Marshall, Thaiday, Gallen, Hayne and (when legal) Slater, and the RL junior system churns out equivalent talent at a steady pace anyway. If you were aware of a little known Rugby League club called the New Zealand Warriors you would see the evidence of such emerging talent.
Nice rant... completly irrelevant to your claim that league players could walk into the comm games and win the 7s... but nice rant all the same.

I am certain that any top shelf Union convert could make a go of it in League like they did in the old days. Yet, the old days have changed, and both codes have increased their training in the finer details of the sport so much so that the learning curve coming into League would be greater. To me it's no coincidence that Union stopped being a potential breeding ground for League players once people like Warren Ryan and Ricky Stuart came up with uniquely League defensive strategies such as sliding, umbrella and gang tackling. From that point on the most successful League converts were not the crucial defensive positions -ie the halves (Iyestin Harris), or where one on one still ruled (fullbacks - Ridge, Davies) or were people like Halligan who came without a big profile, took their time to ajust and then settled in. But the essence of this thread is not to pick RWC players for 2013, but for 2012.
or Prop like Gavin Hill or centre/second row like Simon mannering.. again you are talking shit.

To deny that there has been a sea of converts going from NRL clubs into national sides is stupid, insular and ridiculous. Sailor played over 60 tests and only 80 S14 games! There is a raft similarities between these players, they all went straight into better careers in Union that they had in League at the same level.
Better? they played internationals in both... the amount of games is comparable against the number of games they could both.. they were equally succesful in both codes.

Which given the relative size difference between the junior systems of Union in NZ and Australia, is not surprising.

Even with the ARU's love of throwing money at League wingers, the only times that the ARU could boast that they had the best player in each comparable position in both codes in Australia has been only twice since the very late inception of the RWC in 1987. That was during the careers of David Campese (after Eric Grothe retired), and John Eales (after Brad Clyde's demise and before the emergence of Nathan Hindmarsh and the maturity of Gordon Tallis).
another entertaining but irrelevant rant...

As for your sevens rant - that's a stupid as the lead ewe in the mob deciding it's a great idea to run in front of the truck. What the players listed ad-nauseum (you know, hopeless nuffies like Hayne, Slater, Marshall, Inglis (with or without the pies), Barba, Jennings, Uate or even a plodder like Sutton. If a team of them would enter the 7's - they would win. The fact that one of them, after 5 seasons of no exercise didnt single handedly win the tournament does not mean RL players are inferior.
you base that only on your opinion, the facts dont support that but you keep harping on about it none the less...

No.

Te Kaha

First Grade
He can't and he won't.

He'll come back with, find them yourself and if you can't find them, you leave the site or some such bullshit.
oh look the crybaby girls blouse... the one who makes all sorts of claims then goes crying from threads when she is proven wrong.

Loudstrat

Coach
I reckon this sevens team might do alright

1 (winger). Slater
2 (winger). Uate
3 (half). Marshall
4 (centre). Hayne
5 (prop). Moimoi
6 (hooker). Smith
7 (prop). Taylor

Or even this one:
1 (winger). Wolfman
2 (winger). Utai
3 (half). Hodgkinson
4 (centre). Hicks
5 (prop). King
6 (hooker). Watts
7 (prop). Ryles

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Blah blah blah, quick te nutter, someone mentioned union in the international section, jump to it, the code needs defending :lol:

Thats garbage... you are basing that on opinion... NO league player has walked into a 7s team and dominated, Lote couldnt do it and Hayne wouldnt either... given enough time to adapt and i would have no doubt that he would be a star, but having him walk in without ever playing and he would fail.

Mate, nobody Union players who aren't even pros walk into Sevens teams. Failed NFL players with no stamina and football skills walk into f**king Sevens teams. Denan Kemp walks into the f**king Australian Sevens team.

What planet are you living on?

The only reason Sevens isn't flooded with League players is the same reason Sevens isn't flooded with real Rugby players - Nobody gives a shit for playing Sevens.

Do you really, really, really, f**king really, think that those playing Sevens right now are the best there are? Mate, nobody gives a shit about Sevens.

It's a transitional PHASE for up and coming players who have nothing better to do.

You, quite clearly, know nothing about the 15 man game or 7 man game of Rugby. It's disgusting that you even try to debate me with your pathetic lack of fundamental understanding.

All completely irrelevant in relation to how good he was at 7s... he may have been the best winger in Aussie for five years but e couldnt dominate in 7s.. he tried.. it didnt work.

Absolute nonsense, but exactly what I've come to expect from you - EXAGGERATIONS AND LIES. You should be a-f**king-shamed of yourself.

so now he is a "candidate"... according to this thread he would have had a walk up start in the wannabies... so you are saying they are wrong now?

Well it's all hypothetical, isn't it. I can't say matter of fact one way or the other, nor can you. What I can say is that - with my superior understanding and knowledge of Rugby in mind - that Gasnier, in my opinion, would have walked into the Wallabies team. Were he, of course, to prove himself in Super Rugby.

Obviously you disagree because you've shown yourself to be ignorant to not just the Top 14, but Rugby, in general.

"Arguably"... based on what? when they played against each other? thats another subjective argument... based on internationals between the SH and France at that time... you could argue French Rugby isnt that good.

Arguably based on the fact at the time, all the Aus domestic teams were f**king GARBAGE.

And of course it's a subjective argument! If it wasn't a subjective argument I wouldn't have used the word ARGUABLY, would I?

Stade were one of the finer teams in the whole of Europe. The Aus teams were - and a part from a blip this year arguably still are - the joke of Super Rugby.

You could argue French rugby isn't that good - If you don't know anything about Rugby. The Top 14 is an elite competition, the best in Europe. In contrast, the Aus teams in Super Rugby are the worst in the Southern Hemisphere. Or, were, at the time Gasnier was running around in France.

And what happened? they were slaughtered... he shouldnt have been picked.

f**king nonsense. You're being fallacious. According to you:

England Lost X Games
Player Y was playing when England lost X games
Therefore Player Y is responsible for result of X games

To even try, even try, to suggest Farrell was responsible for Englands poor form in the group stages PROVES you to be a bloody halfwit. There isn't an English fan in the world who agrees with what you're trying to say, let me tell you.

Says who? he wasnt the sole reason for their thrashing.. but he was one of them.. he should never have been picked.

No he wasn't. I suggest you go buy the England tapes and rewatch them. Farrell was no reason for our poor form. In fact, you're the first person I've ever seen argue he was. It shows how far you'll refute reality to try and win a petty internet discussion.

Of course its bollox... but you are already saying League players are better.. they arent... some are good, some are great and some are crap... same as Rugby players.

No. I'm saying League players are better at Sevens, and they are. Rugby backs are undoubtedly as athletic if not more so, but they do not have even the most elementary of ball-skills.

Also if you even followed what I'm saying you'd know that my main argument is that not league players wipe the floor with Rugby players, but that Sevens is a f**king JOKE. Nobody gives a shit about Sevens. The entire NZ sevens team would be displaced if the cream of the crop 15's stars gave a shit.

You seem to think that NZ represents the world. The reality is that NZ is the exception to the rule. Why your nation might be able to produce freak athletes with ball skills, I can assure you the rest of the world doesn't.

Then how come they havent? why was the gold medal winning NZ team picked almost exclusively from the players who play it full time?

Because nobody else wants to f**king play. How hard is that to understand? Sevens is just a platform for good players to get recognised, that's all it is.

Did Lomu play for NZ Sevens throughout his career? Did Jason Robinson play for the England Sevens team throughout his career? Do you see where I'm going with this?

You're the most uneducated Rugby fan I've ever come across. I cannot believe, hand on heart, that you think the Sevens teams about are drawing from the best talent there is.

NOBODY-GIVES-A-SHIT-ABOUT-SEVENS.

Thats a blatent lie... almost everytime Weepu and Thorn have been in the media their background is mentioned... and never in a negative way.. Umaga was the same.. you would be hard pressed to find any Rugby "fan" in NZ who doesnt know all three played League..

Hey Te Kaha, allow me to introduce you to THE WORLD.

I'm sorry to inform you but NZ is just a small, tiny, largely irrelevant Island that makes up less than 1% of THE WORLD.

What you and your buddies think or feel is completely bunk. The vast majority of Rugby fans are ignorant to the fact all 3 players are League boys. If you obtain a passport you will learn this.

On this board there was a thread about SBW when he signed with the NZRU, almost all one eyed "League" fans said he would walk in, be a starting All Black and be their best player, based soley on the fact he was a great league player... this year those fans shut up.. he has been better than a lot of players but no where near the best and cant demand a starting spot.

Wow. Are you smoking something mate? SBW has been on fire, from start to finish. Everyone who watched him at Toulon said he'd be an AB - The NZ scum disagreed. Everyone who saw him play for Canterbury said he'd be an AB - The NZ scum disagreed. Everyone who saw him at the Crusaders said he'd be an AB - The NZ scum disagreed.

Now he's in the bloody AB's, TEARING it up, ripping opposition to shreds, even playing on the f**king wing, and you think that's proof of anything other than his superiority?

SBW came, WALKED into PRO Rugby, dominating at Toulon. Went to NZ, because the Kiwi scum were crying, WALKED into the Crusaders... WALKED into the AB's.

You can spin it however you like mate, SBW WALKED into the worlds greatest team. He might not demand a starting spot but only because Nonu and Conrad have built an amazing partnership over the years. It's not that either are particularly better than him, but that their combination is too good to meddle with.

If you were any sort of Rugby fan you'd know that to be true. I have to wonder whether you are a Rugby fan or some sort of wasteman who's only on here to troll League, because you're showing with every argument that you do not understand anything about Rugby.

No dumbarse.. i am arguing that League players make good League players and Rugby players make good Rugby players and anybody who says one could cross codes and dominate that code with no experience is delusional.

Bullshit. Plenty of League players are dominant Rugby players, and plenty of Rugby players - were there financial incentive - could be dominate League players.

What you're ultimately saying is that you do not understand the fundamentals of either sport.

Of course they are... if you are among the best league players chances are you will be among the Best Rugby players... given time... and the same goes the other way.... im am arging against the mistaken belief prevalent on this board that League players switching codes are instantly the best Rugby players alive.

But that's not what you're arguing. Because if that were true you wouldn't be arguing with ME.

You are unable to accept that the NRL is the greatest and most skilled physical Rugby League - in either League or Union - in all of the world. And that the type of athlete and rugby player produced in the NRL TRUMPS all.

In 7s the forward battle isnt as important... since he was a top League player, under your beliefs, he should have dominated the comm games.. he didnt.

There is no forward battle in 7's, you imbecile. And no, I haven't said Lote should have dominated anything. I've said Hayne would WALK into the Aus Sevens team, just as Lote WALKED into the Aus Sevens team - And then walked out, because he realised it's a waste, as with most decent Ruggers.

Seems not many on this board agree with you.

I don't give a shit what "many" think.

Thats bullshit...

No, it isn't.

In most national squads in the world.. but not the best ones.

Fortunately for me, Australia isn't close to being one of "the best ones", so my argument stands strong. Even still, the best ones are debatable. I can point you to many nuffies who's played for the top 4 teams. Do you want me to? I will do, if you like. I can assure you I know a f**king lot more about Sevens than you do.

dont talk crap i didnt say any such thing.

You don't have to say it. In the kingdom of adults such a thing as implication exists. While you might not have typed it out, you certainly implied it, if not presupposed it with your garbage "arguments"

What a load of drivel... that is a complete fabrication.

If it helps you sleep at night mate. The fact is you know nothing about League and have now proven yourself to know nothing about Rugby. The garbage you're peddling is ridiculous to the majority of Rugby fans.

You're a nonsense-merchant. Go take your ignorance elsewhere. I know about 80x more than the sport you're defending than you do, you halfwit. Everyone on here can see that you're a featherweight League fan, Rugby fan, and most importantly a featherweight intellectual

Or even this one:
1 (winger). Wolfman
2 (winger). Utai
3 (half). Hodgkinson
4 (centre). Hicks
5 (prop). King
6 (hooker). Watts
7 (prop). Ryles

Mate, have you ever in your life watched a Sevens game?

Ryles.............. RYLES? Are you serious mate?

Mate, everyone in Sevens is a back. There are no forwards. Ryles!? You might as well put Census Johnston or George Rose in a Sevens game

I'm not being funny Loud but you're showing yourself up. Half the blokes you named, probably your entire 3-7 have 0 value in a Sevens game. Uate is the only reasonable candidate you mentioned.

Saying King or Ryles could play Sevens would be like talking up Benji Marshall as a Rugby Prop. It's, in all seriousness, f**king ludicrous.

I don't want to single you out but I told you before your selections were profound, why are you persisting to embarrass League fans? Are you a disinfo agent trying to paint all League fans as morons?

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach
Nice rant... completly irrelevant to your claim that league players could walk into the comm games and win the 7s... but nice rant all the same.

or Prop like Gavin Hill or centre/second row like Simon mannering.. again you are talking shit.
Who the f*ck is Gavin Hill? Tezza's fat brother??????
Better? they played internationals in both... the amount of games is comparable against the number of games they could both.. they were equally succesful in both codes.
Name one RL test where Sailor, Rogers and Tequiri all started.

Remember they crossed codes twice. They were bought to play test football once (by Union), and to play club football after a period of training to see if they could cut it (By League).

KIf that's equal, says a lot about your prefered code :lol:
another entertaining but irrelevant rant...
You are losing it. I proved that the best players in either code was always a League player. Proves that you have nothing. The prudent thing would be to admit it rather than ignore it and hope it goes away (a bit like that nasty ram last night who caught you doing the missionary with one of his ewes.....)

you base that only on your opinion, the facts dont support that but you keep harping on about it none the less...
What facts? Ones like Fijian 7's players playing for coconuts elect not to play for the millions available in Stupid 14, even though they are better than the best 15's players?

Is there no further evidence needed than this c*cksucker is a Union troll? Having you as a moderator on a League forum is like having Gary Glitter and Michael Jackson open a babysitting service. It's like asking Ivan Milat to give you sister a lift to the southern highlands. It's like - well - putting you in charge of the breeding section of the New Zealand Wool Corporation.

EA said:
One ewe knockback from Hoddle Street
:lol::lol: That is so f*cking true!

Loudstrat

Coach
Mate, have you ever in your life watched a Sevens game?

Ryles.............. RYLES? Are you serious mate?

Mate, everyone in Sevens is a back. There are no forwards. Ryles!? You might as well put Census Johnston or George Rose in a Sevens game

I'm not being funny Loud but you're showing yourself up. Half the blokes you named, probably your entire 3-7 have 0 value in a Sevens game. Uate is the only reasonable candidate you mentioned.

Saying King or Ryles could play Sevens would be like talking up Benji Marshall as a Rugby Prop. It's, in all seriousness, f**king ludicrous.

I don't want to single you out but I told you before your selections were profound, why are you persisting to embarrass League fans? Are you a disinfo agent trying to paint all League fans as morons?
Ever head of taking the piss?????????

Besides, even a hack like Dane Carlaw could have carved it up in7's. Besides, any rep forward in RL (apart from Martin Lang) would have footwork more than capable of stepping in a one on one situation. Some of the best footwork you will see belong to forwards hitting it up. Some (like Carlaw, Mason, even Danny Wicks) had good speed.

Have you ever seen anyone run down Fui Fui Moi Moi? Neither have I.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Mate, nobody Union players who aren't even pros walk into Sevens teams. Failed NFL players with no stamina and football skills walk into f**king Sevens teams. Denan Kemp walks into the f**king Australian Sevens team.

What planet are you living on?
Dumbarse... its not about "sevens teams"... its about the best 7s teams... and a claim that a teram of NRL players could walk into the comm games and win the gold medal... its a bullshit claim... the only ex NRL player to play in the comm games did nothing.

The only reason Sevens isn't flooded with League players is the same reason Sevens isn't flooded with real Rugby players - Nobody gives a shit for playing Sevens.

Do you really, really, really, f**king really, think that those playing Sevens right now are the best there are? Mate, nobody gives a shit about Sevens.

It's a transitional PHASE for up and coming players who have nothing better to do.
No.. YOU dont give a shit about 7s... you cant speak for those who actually play it.

You, quite clearly, know nothing about the 15 man game or 7 man game of Rugby. It's disgusting that you even try to debate me with your pathetic lack of fundamental understanding.
Sure , sure... what ever you say.. its wrong.. but believe what you want.

Absolute nonsense, but exactly what I've come to expect from you - EXAGGERATIONS AND LIES. You should be a-f**king-shamed of yourself.
Its claimed, with no evidence that NRL players would dominate 7s... the only time there was an NRL player in the 7s he didnt.

Well it's all hypothetical, isn't it. I can't say matter of fact one way or the other, nor can you. What I can say is that - with my superior understanding and knowledge of Rugby in mind - that Gasnier, in my opinion, would have walked into the Wallabies team. Were he, of course, to prove himself in Super Rugby.
Thats not saying much... the wannabies have lost to Samoa, Ireland and scotland recently.

Obviously you disagree because you've shown yourself to be ignorant to not just the Top 14, but Rugby, in general.
I will repeat... Sure , sure... what ever you say.. its wrong.. but believe what you want.

You could argue French rugby isn't that good - If you don't know anything about Rugby. The Top 14 is an elite competition, the best in Europe. In contrast, the Aus teams in Super Rugby are the worst in the Southern Hemisphere. Or, were, at the time Gasnier was running around in France.
Thats hardly much, saying he is good enough to walk into teams you call "garbage"

f**king nonsense. You're being fallacious. According to you:

England Lost X Games
Player Y was playing when England lost X games
Therefore Player Y is responsible for result of X games

To even try, even try, to suggest Farrell was responsible for Englands poor form in the group stages PROVES you to be a bloody halfwit. There isn't an English fan in the world who agrees with what you're trying to say, let me tell you.
Its no worse than those who claim that League players are the reason for "winning" rugby teams.

No he wasn't. I suggest you go buy the England tapes and rewatch them. Farrell was no reason for our poor form. In fact, you're the first person I've ever seen argue he was. It shows how far you'll refute reality to try and win a petty internet discussion.
Farrell plays.. they lose... Farrell doesnt they win.

No. I'm saying League players are better at Sevens, and they are. Rugby backs are undoubtedly as athletic if not more so, but they do not have even the most elementary of ball-skills.
In your opinion... its not factual, but thats not new for you.

Also if you even followed what I'm saying you'd know that my main argument is that not league players wipe the floor with Rugby players, but that Sevens is a f**king JOKE. Nobody gives a shit about Sevens. The entire NZ sevens team would be displaced if the cream of the crop 15's stars gave a shit.

no.. YOU dont give a shit about 7s... thats not the case the world over.

You seem to think that NZ represents the world. The reality is that NZ is the exception to the rule. Why your nation might be able to produce freak athletes with ball skills, I can assure you the rest of the world doesn't.
And which team won the gold medal? very relevant there.

Because nobody else wants to f**king play. How hard is that to understand? Sevens is just a platform for good players to get recognised, that's all it is.
No matter how many times you play it, doesnt make it true.

Did Lomu play for NZ Sevens throughout his career? Did Jason Robinson play for the England Sevens team throughout his career? Do you see where I'm going with this?
While the winning team had players who did.. players who turned down Super 12/14 contracts to do so.

NOBODY-GIVES-A-SHIT-ABOUT-SEVENS.
You speak for everybody do you?

Hey Te Kaha, allow me to introduce you to THE WORLD.
I'm sorry to inform you but NZ is just a small, tiny, largely irrelevant Island that makes up less than 1% of THE WORLD.
What you and your buddies think or feel is completely bunk. The vast majority of Rugby fans are ignorant to the fact all 3 players are League boys. If you obtain a passport you will learn this.
So your friends are uneducated... yet the country that produced those players knows and respects them despite your claims.

Wow. Are you smoking something mate? SBW has been on fire, from start to finish. Everyone who watched him at Toulon said he'd be an AB - The NZ scum disagreed. Everyone who saw him play for Canterbury said he'd be an AB - The NZ scum disagreed. Everyone who saw him at the Crusaders said he'd be an AB - The NZ scum disagreed.
You really dont know anything do you... he signed to play for the crusaders... he played well enough to play for the ABs... much like the other 29 in the squad...

Now he's in the bloody AB's, TEARING it up, ripping opposition to shreds, even playing on the f**king wing, and you think that's proof of anything other than his superiority?
Tearing it up? yet he cant get a start in ANY position... he's good.. but not that good.

SBW came, WALKED into PRO Rugby, dominating at Toulon. Went to NZ, because the Kiwi scum were crying, WALKED into the Crusaders... WALKED into the AB's.
Then why isnt he starting?

You can spin it however you like mate, SBW WALKED into the worlds greatest team. He might not demand a starting spot but only because Nonu and Conrad have built an amazing partnership over the years. It's not that either are particularly better than him, but that their combination is too good to meddle with.
SO why isnt he starting on the wing? the simple fact is he isnt any better than those in front of him.

If you were any sort of Rugby fan you'd know that to be true. I have to wonder whether you are a Rugby fan or some sort of wasteman who's only on here to troll League, because you're showing with every argument that you do not understand anything about Rugby.
Another pointless and errounous rant.

Bullshit. Plenty of League players are dominant Rugby players, and plenty of Rugby players - were there financial incentive - could be dominate League players.

What you're ultimately saying is that you do not understand the fundamentals of either sport.
I havent argued against that at all dumbarse... given time some from both sets of players could dominate the other code .. but none could walk in and dominate from day one.

You are unable to accept that the NRL is the greatest and most skilled physical Rugby League - in either League or Union - in all of the world. And that the type of athlete and rugby player produced in the NRL TRUMPS all.
In your opinion... there isnt any proof of that.

There is no forward battle in 7's, you imbecile. And no, I haven't said Lote should have dominated anything. I've said Hayne would WALK into the Aus Sevens team, just as Lote WALKED into the Aus Sevens team - And then walked out, because he realised it's a waste, as with most decent Ruggers.
Im sure he could walk into the Aussie sevens team... its not a very good one... but they still womt win the gold.

Fortunately for me, Australia isn't close to being one of "the best ones", so my argument stands strong. Even still, the best ones are debatable. I can point you to many nuffies who's played for the top 4 teams. Do you want me to? I will do, if you like. I can assure you I know a f**king lot more about Sevens than you do.
You moron... i wasnt talking about YOUR argument.. i have been arguing about misty morons claims and go on... name your "nuffies".. in the gold medal winning team.

You don't have to say it. In the kingdom of adults such a thing as implication exists. While you might not have typed it out, you certainly implied it, if not presupposed it with your garbage "arguments"
Ohhh... so i didnt say it... but you infered it from my posts.. that says more about you then it does about me.

If it helps you sleep at night mate. The fact is you know nothing about League and have now proven yourself to know nothing about Rugby. The garbage you're peddling is ridiculous to the majority of Rugby fans.
another pointless rant.

You're a nonsense-merchant. Go take your ignorance elsewhere. I know about 80x more than the sport you're defending than you do, you halfwit. Everyone on here can see that you're a featherweight League fan, Rugby fan, and most importantly a featherweight intellectual
sure you do.. keep on believing that... its wrong by the way.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Who the f*ck is Gavin Hill? Tezza's fat brother??????
Ex Wellington Rugby player who played for the Kiwis... you dont even know League History?????

Name one RL test where Sailor, Rogers and Tequiri all started.
What does that have to do with anything???

Remember they crossed codes twice. They were bought to play test football once (by Union), and to play club football after a period of training to see if they could cut it (By League).

KIf that's equal, says a lot about your prefered code :lol:
They played at the highest level in both codes... thats equal dumbarse.

You are losing it. I proved that the best players in either code was always a League player. Proves that you have nothing. The prudent thing would be to admit it rather than ignore it and hope it goes away (a bit like that nasty ram last night who caught you doing the missionary with one of his ewes.....)
You didnt prove anything... you listed players... here's a tip.. if you say it... its usually wrong.

What facts? Ones like Fijian 7's players playing for coconuts elect not to play for the millions available in Stupid 14, even though they are better than the best 15's players?
well since fijian players dont play for coconuts and there arent "millions" available in Super Rugby the rest of your post is just as stupid.

Is there no further evidence needed than this c*cksucker is a Union troll? Having you as a moderator on a League forum is like having Gary Glitter and Michael Jackson open a babysitting service. It's like asking Ivan Milat to give you sister a lift to the southern highlands. It's like - well - putting you in charge of the breeding section of the New Zealand Wool Corporation.
Still bugs you I'm a moderator... thats funny...

I've said everything I need to see. Neither of you know a f**king thing about Rugby and you're both halfwits for different reasons.

You'd both be better off watching WWE wrestling, where your fantasy opinions were a reflection of a fantasy world. Clearly, neither of you, know the first thing about Rugby.

Te Kaha

First Grade
I've said everything I need to see. Neither of you know a f**king thing about Rugby and you're both halfwits for different reasons.

You'd both be better off watching WWE wrestling, where your fantasy opinions were a reflection of a fantasy world. Clearly, neither of you, know the first thing about Rugby.

Awwwww go and have a cry now...

Te Kaha

First Grade
You ever stop and think thats you that has the problem Te Kaha? Nearly ever thread you post in you end up in a slanging match and either insult people or get insulted you're self.
And theres the JMs girlfriend.. where there is one you will always find the other...

I'm quite happy to have a rational debate... where facts are presented, not opinions.. but that will never happen on this board... so i simply follow suit... but making a claim that a scratch team of NRL players would instantly be good enough to win a comm games medal in another sport, with out any supporting evidence.. is just opinionated crap, and gets what it deserves.