What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League players and the Comm/Olympic Games

Loudstrat

Coach
More drivel... And still no evidence that any scratch NRL team could walk in and win the comm games gold... its simple really, just like you.. Until it happens you are just talking out of your arse.
pages of you not knowing who Keith Barnes is. And you reckon Tequiri is crap because his team lost!

I'll give you a clue as to how f*cked your little sheep mashed brain is. Rheinberger is the only player to have a 100% winning ratio in either code anywhere in the world in first grade or above.

According to your Tequiri-is-crap argument, that makes him the best player ever in either code.

I know your response will be "go away and cry", but remember you are parading the slobs of a code who could play a foll blown world cup final and the first time the captain raises a sweat is when he has to lift the heavy cup.

Fair dinkum. France signs Moi Moi or Bowen and they win the world cup. Hell, all they would have to do is lob at the Redfern maccas and say "Monsuir Inglis, le Bowraville is between le Paris and le Bordeaux" and Big Game would have had them up by 20 at half time without spilling a drop of sauce on his pie!!!

I reckon Georgie Rose would carve up in the forwards too. Who was that fat f*ck trying to kick goals? Was that Billy Weepu on cattle fattner?????

Pick the Kangaroo side 1-7. They would be undefeated playing Yawnion 7's for years! A lot better than your heroic Fijians who earn many coconuts, or those brilliant French who cannot crack a 15 a side gig - where as we saw tonight they would lose a sprint with Peter Peters!!!!!!!

Te Kaha

First Grade
pages of you not knowing who Keith Barnes is. And you reckon Tequiri is crap because his team lost!

I'll give you a clue as to how f*cked your little sheep mashed brain is. Rheinberger is the only player to have a 100% winning ratio in either code anywhere in the world in first grade or above.

According to your Tequiri-is-crap argument, that makes him the best player ever in either code.

I know your response will be "go away and cry", but remember you are parading the slobs of a code who could play a foll blown world cup final and the first time the captain raises a sweat is when he has to lift the heavy cup.

Fair dinkum. France signs Moi Moi or Bowen and they win the world cup. Hell, all they would have to do is lob at the Redfern maccas and say "Monsuir Inglis, le Bowraville is between le Paris and le Bordeaux" and Big Game would have had them up by 20 at half time without spilling a drop of sauce on his pie!!!

I reckon Georgie Rose would carve up in the forwards too. Who was that fat f*ck trying to kick goals? Was that Billy Weepu on cattle fattner?????

Pick the Kangaroo side 1-7. They would be undefeated playing Yawnion 7's for years! A lot better than your heroic Fijians who earn many coconuts, or those brilliant French who cannot crack a 15 a side gig - where as we saw tonight they would lose a sprint with Peter Peters!!!!!!!
Yawn... you still cant provide any evidence.. its just your wild claims... you cant back them up.. but go on.. continue to rant..

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
awww dont cry... man up for once instead of runninf away scared in threads...

Where'd I run to old man, I made you your very own thread in TFC and I have quoted what I said in the Union forum in said thread to show what an arsehole you really are seeing as you are busy deleting my posts :lol::lol::lol:

Te Kaha

First Grade
Where'd I run to old man, I made you your very own thread in TFC and I have quoted what I said in the Union forum in said thread to show what an arsehole you really are seeing as you are busy deleting my posts :lol::lol::lol:
I know.. stalker much???... you are far to obsessed... you need a life..

WAPAU

Juniors
Moving away from the inevitable shitfight that happens on this forum and back to the original post.

By all means I think league players should get a crack, but keep in mind they would probably have to forfeit their nrl season in order to trial and then then train for the games. If they are willing to do this then best of luck to them.

Even if player A (a league player) is a better athlete than player b (a rugby player), they still need to spend time learning the subtleties and nuance's of the game if they are going to be a success as it. This means spending time in camp and on the 7's circuit playing games and training.

Also keep in mind 7's is very different to 15's in the player's that are successful. For example Billy Slater would be a great, great 7's player, so would benny barba. But idris would be f**king useless.

Loudstrat

Coach
Yawn... you still cant provide any evidence.. its just your wild claims... you cant back them up.. but go on.. continue to rant..
Evvidence so basic that even a geniused sheep sodomist who has never head of Keith Barnes? People as dumb as you struggle to understand the existance of air.

You have never heard of Barnes, yet you profess to know about the likes of Slater and Hayne.

I never knew they use to do experiments with radiation and the Maori brain until I saw your posts.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Evvidence so basic that even a geniused sheep sodomist who has never head of Keith Barnes? People as dumb as you struggle to understand the existance of air.

You have never heard of Barnes, yet you profess to know about the likes of Slater and Hayne.

I never knew they use to do experiments with radiation and the Maori brain until I saw your posts.

Racist too!!! you are doing well... And Keith Barnes has no relevance to beating a professional Rugby team..

Tea Towel is easily the biggest loser to grace LU, instead of celebrating a wc win and banging sheep 4 at a time he's on here arguing about RL :lol:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Moving away from the inevitable shitfight that happens on this forum and back to the original post.

By all means I think league players should get a crack, but keep in mind they would probably have to forfeit their nrl season in order to trial and then then train for the games. If they are willing to do this then best of luck to them.

Even if player A (a league player) is a better athlete than player b (a rugby player), they still need to spend time learning the subtleties and nuance's of the game if they are going to be a success as it. This means spending time in camp and on the 7's circuit playing games and training.

Also keep in mind 7's is very different to 15's in the player's that are successful. For example Billy Slater would be a great, great 7's player, so would benny barba. But idris would be f**king useless.

Twice RL clubs have played in Europes biggest 7's tournament and twice they have won it, Wigan in '96 and Bradford in '02. Seems it isn't that hard to adapt to for RL players!

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Twice RL clubs have played in Europes biggest 7's tournament and twice they have won it, Wigan in '96 and Bradford in '02. Seems it isn't that hard to adapt to for RL players!

And one of those wins was the day after Bradford played Saints (I think) and the bus broke down on the way to the game that night :lol:

WAPAU

Juniors

Fair enough but we are talking about representing Australia here. The fact remains that they would have to take time away from rugby league to train specifically for 7's. Every olympic athlete has to dedicate themselves to their sport to be successful, this is no different.

Also the Olympic rugby 7's will be a big step up from some European club 7's comp played 10 years ago. The league teams at that stage would have been far more professional in their athletic preparation that the rugby teams. The gap has closed with the spread of professionalism.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Fair enough but we are talking about representing Australia here. The fact remains that they would have to take time away from rugby league to train specifically for 7's. Every olympic athlete has to dedicate themselves to their sport to be successful, this is no different.

Also the Olympic rugby 7's will be a big step up from some European club 7's comp played 10 years ago. The league teams at that stage would have been far more professional in their athletic preparation that the rugby teams. The gap has closed with the spread of professionalism.

And union teams wouldn't have to do the same?

Not unless we took on all those pub teams te hahaha said are pro 7's players eh?

Latest posts