What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leilua Brothers

This would have made sense. I'm sure there was talk of approaching Joey a year or two ago as well but didn't happen.
I wrote a couple of posts ( in here I think ) suggesting we approach both Joey and Rapana when their contracts were up for renewal years ago. Now we get to sit back and watch another team reap the benefits. Luc, joey and Benji in the same team should provide some very entertaining highlights.

Also on Wests, what happened to Packer, he had a great year for us then left and went completely to shite ?

Packer started well for us, but then blew his knee out and went AWOL since then. He also has had foot issues and is out again at the moment in lower grades after having undergone and arthroscopy. His goose is cooked I would think.

redVinme

Bench
I'd take luc for sure. He played under mary. Showed a lot of Improvement last year but the Tigers are a basket case.

We should keep some perspective.we wouldn't have fed half of our players last year and look at the growth. If jdb is gone I'd absolutely chase luc. Let hook work his magic.

I'd take luc for sure. He played under mary. Showed a lot of Improvement last year but the Tigers are a basket case.

We should keep some perspective.we wouldn't have fed half of our players last year and look at the growth. If jdb is gone I'd absolutely chase luc. Let hook work his magic.

The only criticisms I have of Luciano in his time at Wests is that his lateral movement is lacking and that he isn't quite an 80min player yet.

redVinme

Bench
The only criticisms I have of Luciano in his time at Wests is that his lateral movement is lacking and that he isn't quite an 80min player yet.

I agree. I wouldn't play him out wide though. Put in the middle and let him prove he can defend. Once he can prove that he can move out wide

watatank

Coach
So turns out the article is that the Tigers want to extend Luciano and get rid of Joey. Joey has an option in club favor that probably won't be activated. If he stays (or if he goes somewhere else) it will be low value.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/w...&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_content=SocialBakers

Anyway, I doubt we are interested in Joey but at the moment we have a bench spot occupied by Wiliame so I wonder if it's worth considering at minimal cost. Sounds like a low risk play for the club he ends up in anyway.

possm

Coach
So turns out the article is that the Tigers want to extend Luciano and get rid of Joey. Joey has an option in club favor that probably won't be activated. If he stays (or if he goes somewhere else) it will be low value.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/wests-tigers-brothers-joey-leilua-and-luciano-leilua-getting-split-apart/news-story/610f941f976b8951b52befde541d6e48?utm_campaign=EditorialSB&utm_source=news.com.au Sport&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_content=SocialBakers

Anyway, I doubt we are interested in Joey but at the moment we have a bench spot occupied by Wiliame so I wonder if it's worth considering at minimal cost. Sounds like a low risk play for the club he ends up in anyway.
I doubt we will have Williame on the bench long term. We most probably need a utility player (hooker/halves), someone like Wishart when he is ready. Until then, Clune, Max Feagai or Burns could do the job.

I say forget about the Leilua brothers, let Wests clean up their own mess.

BLM01

First Grade

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/wests-tigers-brothers-joey-leilua-and-luciano-leilua-getting-split-apart/news-story/610f941f976b8951b52befde541d6e48?utm_campaign=EditorialSB&utm_source=news.com.au Sport&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_content=SocialBakers

No thankypu. Dont like his attitude and does not appear to put the team first.
If in doubt...ESL is about