What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leilua to Dogs

Maximus

Coach
I just heard the commentators say he has signed with the Bulldogs. Someone from the Dragons needs to make a statement on him if he is going or staying.

No they really don't. Or do you think every club should make a statement every time someone reads a rumour on here or twitter?

I get the feeling this thread started the rumour, as it was a short time after this thread was started that someone on fox said he had signed.

Old Timer

Coach
Just saying, if you're going to have a shot at a rookie about missing a simple tackle. What about an Australian rep?
I'm not having a shot at a rookie just saying the guy beat 3 before Dugan including Super Benji twice so a bit harsh to criticise Dugan which is what you appeared to do.
IMO Leilua should have made the tackle though.

Country Dragon

Juniors
I'm not having a shot at a rookie just saying the guy beat 3 before Dugan including Super Benji twice so a bit harsh to criticise Dugan which is what you appeared to do.
IMO Leilua should have made the tackle though.
I agree Leilua should have made the tackle, but so should have Duges!

borat

Bench
They all should of made the tackle.
Having said that Barnett has been a shining light in an ordinary year for the Knights and looks to be a very handy player.
Was always going to be a gun, it's only that the Raiders wouldn't let him go until now

rasaint

Juniors
Sorry to be a bit difficult. I have now seen Luciano play a few games and I'm waiting to see the action meet the hype. Seems to have an offload and pass ok tick. Not a strong power defender. Haven't seen him charge through and bust tackles etc.
not being half smart but there are lots of young powerful Islander background guys around the clubs who seem to pop up at other clubs like mushrooms. Luciano other than get a good offload away to Widdoph against Broncos what else?

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
Sorry to be a bit difficult. I have now seen Luciano play a few games and I'm waiting to see the action meet the hype. Seems to have an offload and pass ok tick. Not a strong power defender. Haven't seen him charge through and bust tackles etc.
not being half smart but there are lots of young powerful Islander background guys around the clubs who seem to pop up at other clubs like mushrooms. Luciano other than get a good offload away to Widdoph against Broncos what else?

He is very very young and hasn't been given much game time or good ball. In the U20's he is given a lot more carries and a lot of early ball to do what he does. He has the same skill set as his brother who has been a revelation at Canberra.

He isn't a hole running back rower, he has the size to take crash balls and stuff, but he is the kind of player that when given time, defences just stand still, much like Bryce Cartwright

How can you expect a player to break a game open when they don't give him early ball in attacking zones and only give him 20 mins of game time. He got early ball once against the knights and produced a try that not one person other than maybe Benji if he didn't throw it into the crowd could have produced.

The thing with Luciano is we have seen glimpses of what he can do and that is all you can expect when given limited game time, in his second game he throw a beautiful inside ball to Quinlin who put it down and bombed a certain try.

The Doc

Juniors
I just seen the "360" recording on facebook of the team song after the win.
I rotated the camera on Leilua to see his body language, iv never seen anyone look so disinterested in participating in my life.
Even Rein, who is gone, got up and really got into it.
Leilua looked like he wanted to be anywhere but in that dressing room.
Sad to see.

emu62

Juniors
Luciano seen watching recent NSW cup match between Dogs & North Sydney
Sitting with Dogs coaching staff apparently
Don't want to jump to conclusions but doesn't fill me with confidence

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I believe that Luciano has not looked as good as Host in First Grade. If he goes so be it. He looks better in Under 20's as he is bigger than most of those forwards and uses brute force. I doubt that the Dogs will find him a spot in First Grade as he has a lot of
development and fitness to gain. I read a while ago that he is a lazy trainer. The Dragons are giving him a go in First Grade
now but he would not be up to the standard of Williams at the Dogs whom he might replace. I doubt that Hasler would have any use for him in 2017 so he is potentially going to stall his career. I think that Josh Kerr will be a more than handy replacement.

st.phil

Bench
I just seen the "360" recording on facebook of the team song after the win.
I rotated the camera on Leilua to see his body language, iv never seen anyone look so disinterested in participating in my life.
Even Rein, who is gone, got up and really got into it.
Leilua looked like he wanted to be anywhere but in that dressing room.
Sad to see.
I looked for him in that also and didn't read it that way, was clapping away, he's probably just a lil bit more of a chiller

Latest posts