What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leilua to Dogs

TruSaint

Referee
The money from the dogs only trumps our offer because of TPAs.
Big Luc needs to realise this extra money is not gaurenteed.
But young boys will be young boys, they hear dollars mentioned and they get happy.
Remember Fifitas deal with the dogs?
They offered him 850k, but only 500k gaurenteed... the other 350k was TPAs.
He rejected it.
Lets hope Big Luc comes to his sences!
He was pushing for a 4 year deal from what i was told. Now he wants 3 years. We, and the dogs also, have tabled 2 year deals.
Me personally, id give the kid 3 years.
His parents have been getting into talks with a few clubs, ill tell you why, not because they want a better coach, far from it, its to up his price.
The problem here is CEOs are not stupid. They will catch on and push his asking price through the roof just for fun.
Everyone else pulls away there offers, and that club is the last one standing, reduces its offer, and gets a bargain.
From what iv been told he will resign with us, its just adding that extra year and maybe bumping up the $$$ slightly. But it looks like it will be done soon.

The $$$ WITHOUT tpa's doesnt trump us... as u said..
Thats what i was alluding to.
I also think he will stay.

Gareth67

First Grade
I do hope so . We all know that he can only get better with experience . Whichever Club signs him , is going to be very fortunate , as I can see a very young Arthur Beetson in him . Please do not misunderstand what I am saying , I am not referring to the great Artie Beetson in his prime , but the young Artie who first came from Roma , Queensland to Balmain , when he was just a pup .

Only time will tell us that . If he does resign with the Dragons , the first thing that I would be doing , is to find another forward to teach him a ' few ticks of the trade ' over the off-season . But he certainly does look good in that white jersey with the big Red V .

TruSaint

Referee
I do hope so . We all know that he can only get better with experience . Whichever Club signs him , is going to be very fortunate , as I can see a very young Arthur Beetson in him . Please do not misunderstand what I am saying , I am not referring to the great Artie Beetson in his prime , but the young Artie who first came from Roma , Queensland to Balmain , when he was just a pup .

Only time will tell us that . If he does resign with the Dragons , the first thing that I would be doing , is to find another forward to teach him a ' few ticks of the trade ' over the off-season . But he certainly does look good in that white jersey with the big Red V .

Good post and Gareth at this stage we are front runners. Hope he stays.

furball

Juniors
The $$$ WITHOUT tpa's doesnt trump us... as u said..
Thats what i was alluding to.
I also think he will stay.

So a company wants to sponsor a guy with 3 first grade games under his belt but only if he signs with a certain club. Third parties are supposed to be organised by managers not clubs. The NRL is basically saying to clubs rort the system but don't let any journalists find out because we will then need to punish you. The people running this sport are an embarrassment. The storm should challenge the NRL to get there premierships back because a couple of years later the NRL just legalised what they did.

TruSaint

Referee
So a company wants to sponsor a guy with 3 first grade games under his belt but only if he signs with a certain club. Third parties are supposed to be organised by managers not clubs. The NRL is basically saying to clubs rort the system but don't let any journalists find out because we will then need to punish you. The people running this sport are an embarrassment. The storm should challenge the NRL to get there premierships back because a couple of years later the NRL just legalised what they did.

Right or wrong, as it is, TPA's are here ... and yes there are companies willing to dip into a player of 3 1st grade games, if they see upside. The NRL has said, last week they will try and make TPA's more transparent. make of that what you will.

Gareth67

First Grade
He is carrying a little extra weight but to suggest he's got an entire person in his belly is a bit excessive, mate

I know that you are being nice , by saying that , but an entire person ?
I actually met him when he was a young bloke , he was called - 2 pie Artie - in those days . I believe that he had a deal with Sargents Pies , all that he could eat for each photograph of him with one of their pies in his mouth .

BringTheNoise

Juniors

Your post doesn't make sense.

If I ran a successful business what would stop me approaching young Luciano with generous sponsorship on the proviso he re-signs with my favourite club?

Right or wrong, as it is, TPA's are here ... and yes there are companies willing to dip into a player of 3 1st grade games, if they see upside. The NRL has said, last week they will try and make TPA's more transparent. make of that what you will.

Can we get Doust to get him a few Sizzler vouchers to get the contract across the line.

emu62

Juniors
The money from the dogs only trumps our offer because of TPAs.
Big Luc needs to realise this extra money is not gaurenteed.
But young boys will be young boys, they hear dollars mentioned and they get happy.
Remember Fifitas deal with the dogs?
They offered him 850k, but only 500k gaurenteed... the other 350k was TPAs.
He rejected it.
Lets hope Big Luc comes to his sences!
He was pushing for a 4 year deal from what i was told. Now he wants 3 years. We, and the dogs also, have tabled 2 year deals.
Me personally, id give the kid 3 years.
His parents have been getting into talks with a few clubs, ill tell you why, not because they want a better coach, far from it, its to up his price.
The problem here is CEOs are not stupid. They will catch on and push his asking price through the roof just for fun.
Everyone else pulls away there offers, and that club is the last one standing, reduces its offer, and gets a bargain.
From what iv been told he will resign with us, its just adding that extra year and maybe bumping up the $$$ slightly. But it looks like it will be done soon.

Give the kid a 4 year deal.We wont see the best of him till the 4th year.
1st year- McGregor coach - say no more
2nd,3rdyear - Getting McGregors shit out of his system
4th year - Dynamite

dragonssamy61

First Grade

Are you talking when artie was playing in the centres or when he went into the pigs

Old Timer

Coach
And half a game Artie.Came to Balmain as a centre !!
His half a game or half time Artie tag came from his test debut when he carved up the Poms in the first half but ran out of gas and was replaced at half time.
Arttie was not the fittest player back then but was devastating with his speed for a big guy and also his ability to offload at will and very good hands for a big guy.
The year Artie came to Balmain so did Kevin Yow Yeh uncle I think of Jharal.

Gareth67

First Grade
Are you talking when artie was playing in the centres or when he went into the pigs

Where else Sammy , but the pigs , they have always had a place close to my heart .
I could not recall him playing in the centers , until Dennis Preston pointed that out to me .
Is he the same Dennis Preston who played fullback for Saints back in the late 60's ?

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Where else Sammy , but the pigs , they have always had a place close to my heart .
I could not recall him playing in the centers , until Dennis Preston pointed that out to me .
Is he the same Dennis Preston who played fullback for Saints back in the late 60's ?

Though you would enjoy the reference to pigs.
Could be the one and only dennis preston

dragon thomo

Juniors
For crying out loud lets hurry up and sign him and get on with the rest of the roster. It would shit me off if we muck around and lose him

Latest posts