What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leuluai looks at other offers

Utey

Coach
If he has a good Tri-Series Iam gonna #-o . But if he doesnt I hope Smith gets a run at 7. The more halves we get the more players get frustrated when they arent playing. I would be devastated if we lost Smith.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Let me get this straight, you guys are are more than willing to go into the season without a half-back that has played first grade before?

I have seen Smith play many a time, and he is a very good young player, but that is one mighty big risk.

Utey

Coach
We know that. Thankyou for your concern but a player has to start one day. Why not at the start of the season. Its a huge risk and that is why I think Marsh will be our half or even Morris as other people have said. I highly doubt Smith will play first grade straight away.

Ciffy,

Trust me don't worry about us just worry about the dud u bought in Micheal Witt. I have heard Brian may start the year off with PJ and Moriss in the halfs.

Utey

Coach
Theres a few scenarios and Iam sure we will see them put into play during the trials but Iam sure if we have luck and our players stay fit we will be a force next year.

Utey

Coach
Theres been a few articles around which say the same thing. Look for a result to where he is going around the end of the Tri Series so say November late.

GoParra

Juniors
Being a kiwi I obviously love seeing New Zealanders in the Parra squad, but having said that, I won't be terribly disappointed if we miss out on Leuluai

Iafeta

Referee
It looks like Widnes, Leulaui has has an out clause in his contract, but only to go to ESL clubs not NRL clubs.

Utey

Coach
So do I. Unless he puts on a classic preformance next couple games I dont want him anywhere near the EELS.

Utey

Coach
This is what I want to see happen:
6 Morris
7 Marsh
9 Riddell
14 Mateo
OR (later in the season)
6 Perenara/Morris
7 Smith
9 Riddell
14 Marsh

The latter is what Iam dying to see.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Robbie_Ross said:
Well ok lets say Leuluai ends up going to Widnes do you play PJ Marsh at halfback?

UTE's team is just about on the mark, I'll be expecting PJ to get a decent work out in the trials and I'm sure he'll be wearing the 7 jersey come round 1

Utey

Coach
IMO Marsh would definately better us off the bench but if we start winning I dont care who is our half.

Eelementary

Post Whore
We need to do one of two things:

(1) Either start the year off with Smith or Green at halfback and let them find their feet

OR

(2) Only put Smith or Green or Perenara in the halves by Round 20 or so - when we're a great chance of making the 8.

We can't risk our season by continually chopping and changing our halves.

Well, that's my opinion anyway.

Utey

Coach
Not round 20. But by around round 11-12.
Rounds 1-12
6 Morris
7 Marsh
9 Riddell
14 Henderson/Mateo
Rounds 13-26 and Grandfinal
6 Perenara/Morris
7 Smith
9 Riddell
14 Marsh