What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leuluai looks at other offers

Stagger eel

Staff member
Skum said:
id rather witt over leuluai

I'd rather Marsh over both, followed by Smith, Peranara then Green.

if it's between Leuluai and Witt, toss of the coin but I believe Leuluai has more ability.

Pazza

First Grade
Marsh has played most of his first grade at Hooker, let alone his best first grade games at hooker. After Marsh's neck injury i doubt we should be putting him into 80 minutes of first grade week in, week out anyways.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Pazza said:
Marsh has played most of his first grade at Hooker, let alone his best first grade games at hooker. After Marsh's neck injury i doubt we should be putting him into 80 minutes of first grade week in, week out anyways.

that's why we have trial matches.

Utey

Coach
Trial Matches. They wont get him anywhere near his top game. 18 months is a very long time to be sitting out. This is why the 14 should be his number. Putting him in half would just be a waste of his ability. If we have
6 Morris/Perenara
7 Smith
9 Riddell
14 Marsh
There will be no swapping in the halves like ppl have already suggested.

Eelementary

Post Whore
The reason I suggested Round 20ish is because by then we should have already set us up for the 8, and if Smith or Green or Perenara come in and we lose every game with them at least we made the 8 and they got o play some footy (including Finals Footy).

If it has to be done it must be in the start of the year as combinations need to happen, if u put them in too late then the combos won't be there.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Jake the snake said:
If it has to be done it must be in the start of the year as combinations need to happen, if u put them in too late then the combos won't be there.

Exactly.

That's why the only option is to put them there from the start.

The Colonel

Immortal
Eelementary said:
Jake the snake said:

Exactly.

That's why the only option is to put them there from the start.

Not necessarily. The better option would be to get the team travelling well with Morris and Marsh and then fine tune it with Smith or Perenara. Throwing them in at the beginning and having them run the show from day one will stunt their growth....

Pazza

First Grade
Smith has plenty of experianced playmakers around him to take the pressure off. I would rather have Smith with 26 games under his belt heading into the finals then say 10 games.

Parramatta has built a good platform for a rookie halfback. They have a good, hard working forward pack, experianced playmakers surounding him, alternative kicking options, attacking forwards ie Hindmarsh Morrison and Widders and a very talented former halfback (JT) as part of the coaching staff. All they need to do is blood the kid and wait for him to develop.

The Colonel

Immortal
That is true however we have a team next year that will most likely feature at least five or more players who will have never played together...... let them gel first and then get the young bloke in. Remember also that Smith has never played 24+ games before at the top level - effectively for his long term future you wouldn't want him playing more than 15 games in his first year unless you really need him to. Look at a lot of young players - Karmichael Hunt in particular. His effectiveness slipped as the season wore on.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Eelementary said:
The reason I suggested Round 20ish is because by then we should have already set us up for the 8, and if Smith or Green or Perenara come in and we lose every game with them at least we made the 8 and they got o play some footy (including Finals Footy).

This is never guaranteed. In fact I believe that we will not start the year well again in 2005.

The Colonel

Immortal
Jake the snake said:
Thats True Colonel but do we start with him or Start him later in the year??

I'd rather see him come in slowly. Used off the bench say around round eight and used sparingly and then let go Rnd 11 or 12. The team is hopefull both well settled and travelling better than 60% win loss.... The team is not guaranteed a great start to the season but by the at least we will have hopefully made some progress to the top eight

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Colonel said:
Jake the snake said:
Thats True Colonel but do we start with him or Start him later in the year??

I'd rather see him come in slowly. Used off the bench say around round eight and used sparingly and then let go Rnd 11 or 12. The team is hopefull both well settled and travelling better than 60% win loss.... The team is not guaranteed a great start to the season but by the at least we will have hopefully made some progress to the top eight

I actually agree with you Colnel, but I fear a slow start to the season will be detrimental to our club, supporters and a certain coach.

The media will make sure they will hammer every available nail on our crucifix even if we're 0 and 2. we need to stay in touch very early and a win first up will ease that pressure.

Link: http://www.totalrl.com/cgi-bin/news/viewnews.cgi?newsid1098696562,75939,

WIDNES Vikings coach Frank Endacott is hoping to know soon whether New Zealand Test halfback Thomas Leuluai will be joining the Vikings next season.

Leuluai, who has played for the Kiwis against Australia in both Gillette Tri-Nations games this month, has a contract with two years remaining with the New Zealand Warriors. He has been offered a two-year deal at Halton Stadium.

In the NRL Leuluai has been linked with the Parramatta Eels, but according to Endacott the Warriors will not release him to another Super League club.

“The Warriors have agreed to release him, provided he doesn’t go to another club that would see him playing against them,” said Endacott.

True EEL

Bench
Pazza said:
Smith has plenty of experianced playmakers around him to take the pressure off. I would rather have Smith with 26 games under his belt heading into the finals then say 10 games.

Parramatta has built a good platform for a rookie halfback. They have a good, hard working forward pack, experianced playmakers surounding him, alternative kicking options, attacking forwards ie Hindmarsh Morrison and Widders and a very talented former halfback (JT) as part of the coaching staff. All they need to do is blood the kid and wait for him to develop.

great post Pazza..... :D

all this stuff about bring him in at Round 11-ish or Round 8-ish or Round 20????? :oops: :? is just silly

if he is good enough as everyone says he is, get him in there and give him some experience, you can't just stuff around with other players and then just swan in with Smith at some arbitrary point in the season

if Tim Smith is now the go at halfback athe the club, get him in the #7 at Round 1 and if not, get PJ or Morris in at halfback and Smith to only come in through injury (god forbid) or poor form (god forbid) from the other two

Latest posts