What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logos are geting worse

Which are the best club logos re representing their area or heritage, or marketing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

_Johnsy

Referee
That 'backwater' club would wipe the floor with your park footy teams like the Newtown Roosters.

Take a deep breathe, it was an opinion. No need to get all upset. Just like your opinion that Redcliffe would wipe the floor with one of my park footy teams. My park footy teams, I was having a dig at the suburb not the team. You're really a thin skinned pathetic merkin.

Name the place I say.

Throwing out challenges to 2 teams who play in separate comps. FMD how old are you? 12. My dad's tougher than your dad :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
I'll get on the phone to Newtown, let them know the details :lol:

Fair call.

Just found it interesting that redcliffe jumped up and down, made threats etc regarding the use of the dolphins moniker. Yet newtown have been silent re: Ipswich's use of the Jets moniker. One obviously believes they own one moniker, the other doesn't.

adamkungl

Immortal
Fair call.

Just found it interesting that redcliffe jumped up and down, made threats etc regarding the use of the dolphins moniker. Yet newtown have been silent re: Ipswich's use of the Jets moniker. One obviously believes they own one moniker, the other doesn't.

I was talking about Desert QLDers challenge, not taking a crack at you

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Fair call.

Reason was Redcliffe has aspirations of one day joining the NRL, Newtown do not.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
I was talking about Desert QLDers challenge, not taking a crack at you

That's funny, you had to explain your joke to him :lol:.

I thought it was a good one by the way. But I'm sure you are aware of a push for NSW Cup premiers to play their Queensland counterparts. Whether it happens or not is another story.

But in the hypothetical, the Queensland clubs, especially the top tier like Wynnum and Redcliffe would comfortably handle anything that comp could throw at them.

_Johnsy

Referee
Reason was Redcliffe has aspirations of one day joining the NRL, Newtown do not.

Aspirations do not = reality.

IMO the only 2nd SEQ team that will ever join the NRL is a 2nd Suncorp based brisbane side or logan based club. The Redcliffe Dolphins will never be admitted to the NRL.

adamkungl

Immortal
That's funny, you had to explain your joke to him :lol:.

I thought it was a good one by the way. But I'm sure you are aware of a push for NSW Cup premiers to play their Queensland counterparts. Whether it happens or not is another story.

But in the hypothetical, the Queensland clubs, especially the top tier like Wynnum and Redcliffe would comfortably handle anything that comp could throw at them.

Would be good to see.

Misanthrope

Staff member
How did Vikings come to be associated with the Canberra region? The mountains and cold, I assume?

Canard

Immortal
Funnily enough the Raiders and Steelers had been recently successful NFL teams in the early 80s Same goes for the Broncos, Cowboys in mid 80s and 90s respectivally.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I'm surprised that, at the time of writing this, the Dragons logo is leading the poll as one of the best "club logos re representing their area or heritage, or marketing?"

It's illogical.

The fekking Dragon is being carved up by St George.

Why choose a soon to be slain, mythical entity as your "mascot"?

Is it a sign?

/berley

Prometheus

Juniors
The use of a badge featuring the mythical story of St George slaying a dragon pre-dates the use of the name "Dragons" for the team. Initially they were just known as St George and people started to call them the "Dragonslayers" because of the badge. Australians being the lazy speakers that we are, it became shortened to "Dragons".

Edit: Ninja'd

Diesel

Referee
'The Dragons' is a pretty awesome nickname to have and the logo I like as it is unchanged since I have been following this comp. IMO it was a smart decision by the Dragons and Steelers to keep the logo as is, and only add 'Illawarra' to the badge.

Diesel

Referee
Slightly OT but the Qld teams have the worse nicknames and logos.

Instead of NQ going with the Cowboys name, and we all know what a cowboy is in Aussie slang, they should gone for something like Bushrangers.

The Broncos was decided by the consortium going to Denver to look at the Denver Broncos set up and were that impressed they named their team after that, if they wanted to go for a horse then why not the Brumbies? There are a lot of Queensland mascots that would've been better for Brisbane other than the Broncos.

And the Gold Coast, well they couldn't get their shit together and took a name that another club has and lost their first choice, the Dolphins which would've been a perfect fit so their second choice was to instead go with a name that has nothing to do with sun, surf and sand.

Latest posts