What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU Panthers Forum Player of the Year

TheFrog

Coach
Round 21

Edwards 9
Mansour 7
Naden 6
Crichton 6
To'o 7
Burton 7
Cleary 8
Tamou 7
Kenny 7
Fisher-Harris 7
Kikau 7
Martin 7
Leota 6

Yeo 6
Leniu 4 (10 mins)
Campbell-Gillard 5
Katoa- no rating

Fangs

Coach
Edwards 9
Mansour 8
Naden 6
Crichton 6 (Good touch at the end, looks good)
To'o 6
Burton 7
Cleary 9 (MOM as predicted)
Tamou 8
Kenny 7
Fisher-Harris 9 (Machine)
Kikau 8
Martin 7
Leota 6

Yeo 5
Leniu 5
Campbell-Gillard 6
Katoa - Zip.

Flashstep

Juniors
Edwards 9
Mansour 7
Naden 6
Chricton 5
To’o 7
Burton 7
Cleary 9
Tamou 6
Kenny 6
JFH 8
Kikau 7
Martin 8
Leota 6

Yeo 6
Leinu 4
RCG 5
Katoa N/A

Last edited:

age.s

First Grade
Edwards 9 - Outstanding is becoming the norm for him. Incredible resurgence. Safe as a house in incredibly tough conditions. A stack of meters and two tries.
Mansour 7 - Doing the tough stuff very well. Still standing too flat on breaks
Naden 6 - Rocks and diamonds again, but had his trademark energy back. Still looks a bit suspect in defense.
Crichton 6 - Huge moment taking that bomb at the end, but made a couple of very ordinary defensive plays. Still, looks a rangy and athletic handful. I'd like to see him get more time.
To'o 7 - Some electric running and tough meters. Looks our most likely when the defense is a bit staggered.
Burton 7 - Couldn't possibly expect more from a 19 y/o debuting in the halves. Very cool head, a bullet pass and beautiful skills for Nadens try.
Cleary 8 - Great fightback from kid wonder after copping deserved criticism last week. Controlled the game well and broke it open when it was on offer.
Tamou 6 - Tackled solidly and ran hard when he got the chance.
Kenny 7 - Good game again. Tackled like a machine and got our middle rolling, especially in the first 40. Not sure if he has the next level like Egan shows glimpses of, but he helps lock down the middle nicely.
JFH 7 - Mixed bag tonight. Some mistakes and dumb penalties held him back from MoM. Otherwise superb as usual.
Kikau 7 - Didn't single handedly win us the game so only gets an above average mark. Great scramble to stop Mulitalo with the game on the line.
Martin 8 - Just an axe without the ball. Cut them down over and over and over. Great to watch opposition players run away from him. He's all Rugby League.
Leota 7 - Looked great starting the game. Well deserved. Came on with plenty of energy with the game on the line. Seems to have dropped the customary error from his game.

Yeo 6 - Worked hard as always. Not looking the player he was 2 seasons ago, but sounds like he's playing busted.
Leinu 5 - Didn't get much time but you can see why he was promoted. Only two runs but they were good ones. Looking forward to more of him.
RCG 4 - Ordinary when he wasn't invisible. I'd criticise him for missing Williams for their second, but he didn't lay a finger on him.
Katoa N/A - :( Feel for him. All the best in your future endeavors Sione.

Kilkenny

Coach
When I get the chance I’ll watch a reply, alcohol free and post my ratings.

At the game, just got home, full of admiration for Dylan Edwards who was absolutely outstanding. MOM no doubt.

We had many others who were very, very good and we fully deserved our win tonight.

Maybe I am biased but without the benefit of watching replays there were some very dubious forward passes which went the way of the Sharks and from which they scored off. One in particular right in front of us in the Western Stand was embarrassing it was so far forward and the Sharks scored off the next play. The pocket ref and linesman were in line with it and all good apparently.

age.s

First Grade
Maybe I am biased but without the benefit of watching replays there were some very dubious forward passes which went the way of the Sharks and from which they scored off. One in particular right in front of us in the Western Stand was embarrassing it was so far forward and the Sharks scored off the next play. The pocket ref and linesman were in line with it and all good apparently.

Nah, you were right about that one. It was terrible. The commentators were all over it too.

snickers007

Juniors
Nah, you were right about that one. It was terrible. The commentators were all over it too.

That was an atrocious non-call.
But I also thought the final lass for Feki's try was forward as well at full speed. Didn't see a replay from a decent angle though.

OldPanther

Coach
Round 21

Edwards 10
Mansour 7
Naden 6
Crichton 6
To'o 7
Burton 8
Cleary 10
Tamou 7
Kenny 6
Fisher-Harris 7
Kikau 7
Martin 7
Leota 6

Yeo 4
Leniu 4
Campbell-Gillard 2
Katoa: N/A

Fish and Martin would've had 8 except an error or 2. Nathan was great in defence and attack plus brought Burton into the game well so I gave him a perfect 10. Burton was perfect for a debut half showing composure and skill. Edwards seems to be working on his passing game which is good news for his game and for the team overall. Kenny had a but of bad service but isn't a bad player by any means. Hate to say it but I'm becoming more and more disappointed with RCG's game.

Pomoz

Bench
Round 21 vs Sharks

Edwards 8
Mansour 7
Naden 5
Chricton 5
To’o 7
Burton 7
Cleary 9
Tamou 6
Kenny 7
JFH 9
Kikau 7
Martin 8
Leota 6

Yeo 6
Leinu 5
RCG 6
Katoa N/A (Poor bloke, that's a big two fingers in your face from the coach)
  • Naden's try was good, he can sniff them out, but his defence was poor. Crichton did more work and was better overall, the try balances out the ratings though.
  • Kenny was outstanding with 54 tackles and had great line speed and aggression in defence.
  • JFH. Beast.
  • Has Plum's hitman role finally been handed to somebody else? Matt Prior will check under bed for Martin before he goes to sleep tonight. "Is that you Liam?", "Come to bed Matt, I already told you I checked, he is not there".
  • It is hard to reconcile Nathan Cleary this week, from last week. I want two of what he has been drinking. Great effort Nahan.
  • RCG was OK. He did no worse than Leota or Tamou, but he is playing without inspiration. Where has his aggression gone?

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Now that I've defrosted.

Round 21

Edwards 9
Mansour 6
Naden 6
Crichton 6
To'o 7
Burton 7
Cleary 9
Tamou 7
Kenny 7
Fisher-Harris 8
Kikau 7
Martin 8
Leota 7

Yeo 6
Leniu 5
Campbell-Gillard 5
Katoa- 5

soc123_au

Staff member
Edwards 9
Mansour 7
Naden 6
Crichton 6
To'o 7
Burton 7
Cleary 9
Tamou 7
Kenny 7
Fisher-Harris 8
Kikau 7
Martin 8
Leota 7

Yeo 6
Leniu 5
Campbell-Gillard 5
Katoa-

Panther Pete

Juniors
Edwards 9
Mansour 6
Naden 6
Crichton 6
To'o 7
Burton 7
Cleary 8
Tamou 7
Kenny 7
Fisher-Harris 7
Kikau 7
Martin 7
Leota 6

Yeo 6
Leniu 5
Campbell-Gillard 5
Katoa- N/A

betcats

Referee
I haven’t been adding ratings but I gotta say if I had to pick our most consistent performer all year it’s probably Tamou. JFH is right up there but he has to get the dumb penalty out of his game.