What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke THE CAT Burt

donkeywong

Juniors
Fair dinkum.

Plenty of mates yes. Etu Useless, Hicks, McGuire, Keating, Lasalo arent 1st graders. Horo & Ben Smith are out of position.

Burt is a veteran playing in his preferred position not having a dig at all and it happens All to often with this idiot. Can't wait till the club pisses him off. Players like him are the poster boys for our mediocrity. Piss off!
Hayne made more fu*kn mistakes than points we scored, SHOULD HAVE BEEN FU*****kkkkknnnn HOOKED.

I think Hayne believes that good things come easy. This goes hand in hand with the Gen Y attitude. When he learns that good things will come for the hard work put in then he will be a great player. I cant see that being the case at least until a few more years yet. Probably when he is playing for Souths.

Willface

Juniors
I have always liked Luke, however of late he is looking a little gun shy in defense. Agreed he is a club legend his stats and his persona back that up, however there is a time when even the greats must step aside (if you class him as one). We have younger players like sio that are on the verge of first grade and to lose him, because of the sentimental value of Burt would be disgraceful. If Kearney and his coaching staff are serious about the future of the team (which they appear to be) cuts have to be made and if cutting Burt because he is holding back that 10% defense is necessary then I support it 100%. Again I do admire Burt but every player has a limit to the time they play first grade.

jason taylor

Bench
Burt tries harder than any other player in our team. Did you watch the end of the Manly game when he nearly scored a try?

SDM

First Grade
Burt has always been gun shy. I remember his season ending injury in 2007 only happneed because we were losing 20 nil and he was running sideways on his ingoal when he should have been five out diving at legs.

Burt has always been gun shy. I remember his season ending injury in 2007 only happneed because we were losing 20 nil and he was running sideways on his ingoal when he should have been five out diving at legs.

This reminds me of the time this afternoon he raced up to take a 20metre tap, saw a set defensive line with no one to pass it too, shit himself and dived at the defenses feet. Hes like the soft kid at school who's scared to get hit.

Tin Man 4.24

Juniors
This reminds me of the time this afternoon he raced up to take a 20metre tap, saw a set defensive line with no one to pass it too, shit himself and dived at the defenses feet. Hes like the soft kid at school who's scared to get hit.
That is absolute bollocks. Like him or not, Luke Burt has played 13 seasons of NRL football, by definition that makes him pretty tough.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I have always liked Luke, however of late he is looking a little gun shy in defense. Agreed he is a club legend his stats and his persona back that up, however there is a time when even the greats must step aside (if you class him as one). We have younger players like sio that are on the verge of first grade and to lose him, because of the sentimental value of Burt would be disgraceful. If Kearney and his coaching staff are serious about the future of the team (which they appear to be) cuts have to be made and if cutting Burt because he is holding back that 10% defense is necessary then I support it 100%. Again I do admire Burt but every player has a limit to the time they play first grade.

to be fair to those who rubbish Burt, he was pretty crap last year too.

He's the kind of guy who tries harder when the team is on top, but is unable to do anything to help when we're playing badly.

Personally, I can't see who we would put on the wing next season in place of Burt - which I find a scary proposition.....
Hopefully one of the young guys has what it takes, because Luke looks gun-shy and impotent on the footy field these days.

You watch the rise in class of fullbacks who 'have a dig and try hard' as you put it.

The Dogs broke Manlys line early today, Stewart saved the try. I've lost count of how many times Slater has covered Melbournes ass. I know Luke isn't even considered in the class of these two, but have a look at the EFFORT he puts in to stop a try.

Its even more embarrasing on replays. On the no try where Utai grounded the ball on Ben Smiths leg you see Luke sliding in late facing the wrong way, making no contribution to the play at all. And unfortunately that was as close as he got to doing anything defensively all day.

His 'attempt' on Beau Ryan on the last play was laughable. Benji basically walked around him without a hand being put on him, he went in on Lui half hearted.

Now, i realise there were other inept performances (hayne), but week after week Burt proves he is not 1st grade level, and he has way too much responsibility in this side. He is part of our leadership group, he is part of our attacking spine, he's played 10+ years of 1st grade at the club... he is without a shadow of a doubt part of the cause of our up & down half hearted culture, and has been for years.

Call me whatever you want, truth hurts! where else in the NRL could Luke play such an important position as fullback? How we let players like Mckinnon (at his peak_), Hodgson etc.. go and kept this self preservation 1st muppet all this time is beyond me. Someone started a thread earlier in the week saying he could be part of our 2018 side with the style of game he plays lol lol .. so basically he plays like a 38 year old. its funny because its true.

Last edited:

SeftonBoy

Juniors
You watch the rise in class of fullbacks who 'have a dig and try hard' as you put it.

The Dogs broke Manlys line early today, Stewart saved the try. I've lost count of how many times Slater has covered Melbournes ass. I know Luke isn't even considered in the class of these two, but have a look at the EFFORT he puts in to stop a try.

Its even more embarrasing on replays. On the no try where Utai grounded the ball on Ben Smiths leg you see Luke sliding in late facing the wrong way, making no contribution to the play at all. And unfortunately that was as close as he got to doing anything defensively all day.

His 'attempt' on Beau Ryan on the last play was laughable. Benji basically walked around him without a hand being put on him, he went in on Lui half hearted.

Now, i realise there were other inept performances (hayne), but week after week Burt proves he is not 1st grade level, and he has way too much responsibility in this side. He is part of our leadership group, he is part of our attacking spine, he's played 10+ years of 1st grade at the club... he is without a shadow of a doubt part of the cause of our up & down half hearted culture, and has been for years.

Call me whatever you want, truth hurts! where else in the NRL could Luke play such an important position as fullback? How we let players like Mckinnon (at his peak_), Hodgson etc.. go and kept this self preservation 1st muppet all this time is beyond me. Someone started a thread earlier in the week saying he could be part of our 2018 side with the style of game he plays lol lol .. so basically he plays like a 38 year old. its funny because its true.

To put it simply Parramatta will never improve with Burt in the side. He was so atrocious in 2010 & has continued in 2011. No wonder this side is running last.

If he's so good why doesn't he take a bit of pressure off Hayne? The reason is because he ain't got the talent.

He looks visibly scared to get into the physical contest to me.

Luke Burt is a full-back in my opinion & should never be considered as a winger. Too small, won't take cross field bombs, won't do dummy half runs, can't tackle. The list goes on. However, his performances at fullback are terrible. Fullback is close to being the most important positon behind the fullback & Parramatta will not rise the ladder with this has-been back there.

Please Kearney move Burt on or your fate will be sealed by this time next year.

PCRL

Juniors
Fair dinkum.

Plenty of mates yes. Etu Useless, Hicks, McGuire, Keating, Lasalo arent 1st graders. Horo & Ben Smith are out of position.

Burt is a veteran playing in his preferred position not having a dig at all and it happens All to often with this idiot. Can't wait till the club pisses him off. Players like him are the poster boys for our mediocrity. Piss off!
Your an idiot, given yourself a 1000 upper cutts

How many 1st Grade games have you played ? NONE

So the sooner YOU piss off the better :x

SeftonBoy

Juniors
Your an idiot, given yourself a 1000 upper cutts

How many 1st Grade games have you played ? NONE

So the sooner YOU piss off the better :x

I have played none & Burt has had the talent to play FG. However from 2010 onwards he's been terrible. There's no denying it.

Mate it's my opinion & that's what we do on here. So I take it you won't be stating any opinions???

I pay my hard earned on memberships, jerseys ect & think i'm entitled to an opinion. So why don't YOU piss off you TWAT.

jason taylor

Bench
I have played none & Burt has had the talent to play FG. However from 2010 onwards he's been terrible. There's no denying it.

Mate it's my opinion & that's what we do on here. So I take it you won't be stating any opinions???

I pay my hard earned on memberships, jerseys ect & think i'm entitled to an opinion. So why don't YOU piss off you TWAT.

Really? I recall you saying that Burt has always been shit and you don't know why he made first grade? Changed your mind?