What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M Witt to be Released

Eels Dude

Coach
Jake the snake said:
its just plain and simple Tim Smith is a better player-simple.

So what? He's had half a season in premier league, during which the side bitterly dissapointed. You can't just go releasing players on the assumption that the next kid is going to be better. If you keep looking toward the future then you bypass the present. Tim Smith may well be a great football prospect, but he is unproven at the top level and no sacrifices should be made for him.

macavity

Referee
well aware of the frailties of Mr. Johns.....

why do you think we want another decent #7!!!

Still, cant deny that Witt could learn something from him....

Eels Dude

Coach
Jake the snake said:
We won't lose anything If Tim SMith steps in now sure he is young and could bulk up a little.

Easier said than done. Maybe he can step up now physically, but mentally it's a whole other issue. I certainly wouldn't be counting on it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
there is no real point in holding on to a bloke who doesn't want to represent our club, your not doing the player or the club any justice. He's been wanting out since the early part of this season and I honestly think it may be time to give him an opportunity elsewhere,

He may well thrive under the guidence of someone else plenty of players have! but there have also been players who who have played their best football under Smith.

It just remains to be seen whether Witty can do that or not.

ParraMatt

Bench
eelavation said:
I know one things for sure, ParraMatt will be on suicide watch after it happens.

:cry: :cry:
:cry: :cry:

This is f**ken bullshit, If smithy let's him go then he has lost my support allready for next season, This is a disgrace. Why are we all of a sudden becoming the team to release players before there contracts are up, We seem to be the only team doing it, Vaealiki, Dykes, now Witt. Its pathetic.

Witt and Thorman worked well together at the end of this year and if Witt had the opportunity to START the season at number 7 then maybe we could have a lethal halves combo but NO, Smithy has to come wreck it. I guess he just wants to see his last name in the number 7 spot. Tim Smith is nothing, He is what everyone thought of Witt when he was coming through the ranks.

We have lost allready 2 of our halves for next year.. Thorman to Huddersfield and Dykes to Cronulla, Losing Witt will be a monstrosity and a very low decision made by the Parramatta Club, They'll lose my satisfaction that is for sure, Is there anyone here backing me in saying it is a very very bad move for Parramatta to release this future prospect individual.

And why does it have to happen on my f**ken 18th birthday, Im sick, About to go to Castle Hill Tavern, And now I am upset. f**ken PARRA

ParraMatt

Bench
Jake the snake said:
Sorry guys i disagree Witt has not got the game to take us to the next level, Other champion halfs have also said this about him. he just has not got the game. Tonga was a loss, Witt wont be just like his brow.

He does have the game to take us to the next level, If the forward lift, He will lift and we will have a very talented football team, We have allready seen his skillful kicking game, Now all we need is his attacking skills to enlighten and they will with a forward pack with a bit of grunt in them to go forward. With Morrison I think we have that.

You can't seriously think if Witt isn't the answer then Smith is, That is just ridiculous. Tim Smith has nothing over Michael Witt, Yeh maybe Smith looks good in Reserve Grade, But so did Witt 2 years ago, First Grade is a new level, And a level that Tim Smith can't handle and a level that Michael Witt has allready excelled in and will continue to excell with a good quality forward pack around him, How do you think Jason Taylor had such a good year, Because the players around him played sensational.

Look at it from my point of view, And don't just think I am protecting Witt because he is my favourite player, Because I'll be honest, I think he is an excellent half-back, A half-back with a big future and I thought the same about Tonga in the Centres when he played a few games in first grade before heading to the dogs, I don't want to see Witt end up like this and head to someone like South Sydney or Manly and be a star. I would bit my teeth in anger and literally hunt Smith and Fitzgerald down.

Witt has class whether you like it or not, He can utilize this as I will say again, With a strong forward pack, We are looking to show that with the signings for next year with 4 strong forward signings in Riddell, Morrison, Robinson and Stringer, to add to the all ready Cayless, Hindmarsh, Wagon and Cannings. With Witt working heavily in the offseason with each and every forward individually and hard at work with his new number 6 John Morris WE CAN produce a lethal combination, Have faith in our first grade team from this year, Yes we had a bad year, But we CAN turn it around and that young Number 7 who has had a rough start to his career can change the fortunes at this club and bring glory back to us.

Someone agree with me please.

2005 First Grade

7. Witt

2005 Premier League

7. Smith

ParraMatt

Bench
eelavation said:
just enjoy your night! he's not the be all end all of half-backs.

he is for me, Have you ever had a favourite player eelavation, If you have, Then go to your birthday, And hear a press notice suggestion that that favourite player of yours is leaving your favourite club.

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
is there anything solid at all about parra releasing witty? i dont see why they would release him hes a great player.. #-o

Sterling

Juniors
ParraMatt said:
Jake the snake said:
Sorry guys i disagree Witt has not got the game to take us to the next level, Other champion halfs have also said this about him. he just has not got the game. Tonga was a loss, Witt wont be just like his brow.

He does have the game to take us to the next level, If the forward lift, He will lift and we will have a very talented football team, We have allready seen his skillful kicking game, Now all we need is his attacking skills to enlighten and they will with a forward pack with a bit of grunt in them to go forward. With Morrison I think we have that.

You can't seriously think if Witt isn't the answer then Smith is, That is just ridiculous. Tim Smith has nothing over Michael Witt, Yeh maybe Smith looks good in Reserve Grade, But so did Witt 2 years ago, First Grade is a new level, And a level that Tim Smith can't handle and a level that Michael Witt has allready excelled in and will continue to excell with a good quality forward pack around him, How do you think Jason Taylor had such a good year, Because the players around him played sensational.

Look at it from my point of view, And don't just think I am protecting Witt because he is my favourite player, Because I'll be honest, I think he is an excellent half-back, A half-back with a big future and I thought the same about Tonga in the Centres when he played a few games in first grade before heading to the dogs, I don't want to see Witt end up like this and head to someone like South Sydney or Manly and be a star. I would bit my teeth in anger and literally hunt Smith and Fitzgerald down.

Witt has class whether you like it or not, He can utilize this as I will say again, With a strong forward pack, We are looking to show that with the signings for next year with 4 strong forward signings in Riddell, Morrison, Robinson and Stringer, to add to the all ready Cayless, Hindmarsh, Wagon and Cannings. With Witt working heavily in the offseason with each and every forward individually and hard at work with his new number 6 John Morris WE CAN produce a lethal combination, Have faith in our first grade team from this year, Yes we had a bad year, But we CAN turn it around and that young Number 7 who has had a rough start to his career can change the fortunes at this club and bring glory back to us.

Someone agree with me please.

2005 First Grade

7. Witt

2005 Premier League

7. Smith

Witt this year was struggling even in premmies .... his form dropped.
He is no way first grade standard .. he will never bring us a premiership

MrT

Juniors
I've read a whole lot of stuff hear and I'll just say this.
We haven't got the coaching staff to take Witt to the next level.
Stop blaming Witt, the way he was treated I'm surprised he'd even want to play for Parra at all. I think he would make a great 5/8, he's big and strong and has a good pass and kicking game

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
anyone ever consider that this may have been his decision, after the treatment he got early this year.

hard for him to dominate, after having his ego crucshed and being told that he wont play first grade no matter how well he played in PL

it worries me going into next year with no recognised first grade half back, let alone a match winner. we cant count on PJ, he will be a long way off from being match fit.

Stagger eel

Staff member
ParraMatt said:
eelavation said:
just enjoy your night! he's not the be all end all of half-backs.

he is for me, Have you ever had a favourite player eelavation, If you have, Then go to your birthday, And hear a press notice suggestion that that favourite player of yours is leaving your favourite club.

I've experianced worst!

try a grand final loss 2 days before your birthday and 6 days before my wedding!!...I was also enjoying a nice afternoon with the wife the day my favourite player decided to walk out on the club in March of this year.

those experiances in life are trivial compared to adversaties and challenges that people face every day.

Utey

Coach
Nothing solid yet. But who knows next year we could well be back in contention with all these changes. I wont be cursing the decision if thats the case. Obviosuly Parra's managment has a plan which we may or may not agree with but we have to accept it as fans. Smith may be the next big thing but his still young and yet to show himself at 1st grade level. Time will tell.

parramatt your love for Witt is blinding you, Please don't turn like those Luke Burt lovers who think he is God.

Witt at best is average at the moment, he has nothing special to his game. Its just not me that says but people of note Like Greg Alexander who knows Footy inside out. Anyway he is not gone yet we will see what happens.

Eels Dude

Coach
Sterling said:
Witt this year was struggling even in premmies .... his form dropped.
He is no way first grade standard .. he will never bring us a premiership

And how do you know that? I think his form from late last year at least warrants him to be given the chance.

Unreal V

Juniors
So if Witt is not going to get us the premiership, and I don't disagree who will, what other options do we have. PJ Marsh still has a cloud over him, and surely Smith has not already decided on anyone else so early.

Obviously Witt has asked for the release, and generally speaking if a player wants to go we should just let them go; the old saying you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Latest posts