What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Malcolm Noad Press Release Re: Rebecca Wilson

Southernsaint

Staff member
T-Rex said:
IMO the paper has gone straight downhill since the loss of the Great Chippy.

When it came to being His Master's Voice, Chippy in his later years was far worse than the Beckster

Too true - he changed his tune on Super League pretty quickly once the pressure was applied...

Foz

Bench
T-Rex said:

When it came to being His Master's Voice, Chippy in his later years was far worse than the Beckster

That's true but most of what he wrote wasn't made up.

Dogaholic

First Grade
**IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO ALL SUPPORTERS**

Those who support the Bulldogs stance, balanced media, fair journalism and non-discrimination PLEASE TAKE 2 MINUTES to:

Ring the Telegraph on 92883000 and register your complaint about Rebecca Wilson's article.

Make note that you will not buy another telegraph paper until she prints an apology or resigns

Funny how mutual hate for Rebecca Wilson has brought all League supporters together.

I think global peace is achievable if we could just get the rest of the world to hate her as well.

Shouldn't be too hard.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Bastard_Squad said:
Funny how mutual hate for Rebecca Wilson has brought all League supporters together.

I think global peace is achievable if we could just get the rest of the world to hate her as well.

Shouldn't be too hard.

Global peace - Victoria excluded

Mr Saab

Referee
"This is a key secondary issue to this whole problem, Rebecca has a personal issue with me and with the Bulldogs Club. The issue with me extends back to the Sydney Olympics when she used to work for me at News Limited. She was suspended by News Limited for the period of the Games at the request of Lachlan Murdoch for several indiscretions. She felt I should have stood up for her"

i wonder why Wilson was suspended for the duration of the Olympics? Jungle Juice make her do "strange" things?

Dogs Of War

Coach
Dogaholic said:
Bastard_Squad said:

Shouldn't be too hard.

Global peace - Victoria excluded

I'm sure Victoria would hate her too if she is unable to cover NRL and starts covering AFL...

The Colonel

Immortal
Charlie Saab said:
"This is a key secondary issue to this whole problem, Rebecca has a personal issue with me and with the Bulldogs Club. The issue with me extends back to the Sydney Olympics when she used to work for me at News Limited. She was suspended by News Limited for the period of the Games at the request of Lachlan Murdoch for several indiscretions. She felt I should have stood up for her"

i wonder why Wilson was suspended for the duration of the Olympics? Jungle Juice make her do "strange" things?

Lets leave the speculation to her and the Telegraph...... ;-)

SaintArsenal

Juniors
Knight82 said:
Great point.

I mean we never discuss rumours here :lol:

Definitely something in that statement. Don't get me wrong, I despise her as much as the rest of you (as a Choc fan) but, I have a sneeky suspicion that some people on here are getting up on the soap-box here when a large % of topics discussed in this forum ARE rumours.

I've seen many a comment made where it has been shouted down by opposition fans as a mere rumour. How many times have you seen a post on here along the lines of "either show me a link to a direct quote or don't bother posting unfounded gossip". All the time.

You don't have to be a paid journalist to be accused of writing rumours and starting innuendo, some people on here seem pretty good at it and I know myself that I've rehashed rumours at the pub and online with my mates.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Difference is that we don't get paid for it, and if people on here post a rumour theirs people ready to rip that down. When she gets a rumour printer, people assume that its fact as their noone to dispell the rumour.

Misty Bee

First Grade

Chippy was just as shit as Wilson. remember himin the Traitor League days?

The traitorgraph has always been a cheap, sensationalist paper. Some of it's scoops include the Hitler Diaries, and Princess Di being spanked in a London flat (even though it was an actress).

I wonder what will happen when all clubs ban the Trairorgraph and News Ltd...given that they own the sport?

SaintArsenal

Juniors
Dogs Of War said:
Difference is that we don't get paid for it, and if people on here post a rumour theirs people ready to rip that down. When she gets a rumour printer, people assume that its fact as their noone to dispell the rumour.

Getting paid has nothing to do with it! So it would be ok for me to use my own money and print off pamphlets stating all the rumours Wilson writes and hand them around, cause I'm not getting paid to do it?

If you can't decide for yourself what to believe and what not to, in any form of media and life, then you might want to stop reading the papers and the internet. In fact don't even go outside and cut the electricity because I don't want you thinking that just because you use Lynx deodorant that you gonna get mobbed by women in lifts.

Although I do agree with you that alot of stuff written on here does get booted, but you're kidding yourself if you think this forum is an unbiased thinktank. No offence who ever runs this!

The Colonel

Immortal
There are some comments that are starting to appear in threads regarding Rebecca Wilson and the DT that are both bordering on and becoming slanderous. While many will agree that there is a dislike to Wilson and some of her counterparts, there is such a thing as going to far. Lets leave it out.

Godz Illa

Coach
We're getting all philosophical and forgetting the key issue here - Wilson is a bizatch whom we all hate. I'm a peace-loving person who would not wish ill on anyone, but boy I'm on my knees praying for irritable bowel syndrome for Becca.

borat

Bench
MMM me thinks Malcolm didn't particularly appreciate the ambush in todays paper. Well he certainly returned serve with interest there.

Its not often you see personal attacks likes these splashed over the papers and websites. I Like it.

She ceratinly had this coming for a long time. Imagine what it would have been like to be a fly on the wall when either

a) Wilson read that piece with smoke pouring out the ears

or

b) When Noad wrote that piece with a look of "Roll that in your pipe and smoke it"

I'm guessing there was a few profanities uttered in either case.

SaintArsenal

Juniors
Godz Illa said:
We're getting all philosophical and forgetting the key issue here - Wilson is a bizatch whom we all hate. I'm a peace-loving person who would not wish ill on anyone, but boy I'm on my knees praying for irritable bowel syndrome for Becca.

Come on mate, we've got blokes on here calling her all kinds of names, which I'm pretty sure are just blatant slander. Its the pot calling the kettle black.

And the major difference between Wilson and you is that when she's spraying her crap all over the place at least she is putting her photo and name to it!!! You're just being a gutless hit-and-run. But you're obviously way above her standing in society.

Jae

Juniors
The thought of banning Rebecca from any contact with the club was never an option as she never calls the Bulldogs to check any facts, never attends Bulldogs games, never attends Bulldogs press conferences and never requests any interviews or information from the Bulldogs.

I don't think anyone at all would be shocked by that. Even if all of the other teams boycot, there's no point, she just makes up 99% of the shit she prints anyways. The other 1% are false stories people send in to her.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Mate, you know if there's one factor that can unite Bulldogs fans with Roosters fans with Eels fans with Panthers fan.. etc

All against a common cause, then that one thing is pretty worthy of all the sh*t it cops.

There aren't many things that unify RL supporters in a near univeral fashion.

RU
AFL
Rebecca Wilson

That's all I can think of.

Latest posts