What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly may win but Williams and Matai are gone

Will the Manly boys miss the grand final?

• Yes.

Votes: 58 55.8%
  • No, nothing in them.

Votes: 46 44.2%

• Total voters

ceagle

Bench
T-Rex has a case to answer for, but there is no way Matai should be suspended for that, happens every game, it wasn't intentional and he had no way to pull out. If Yow Yeh wasn't such a princess Matai wouldn't of been cited.

I can pull out a few examples of the exact same tackle without the player being suspended.

greeny12

Juniors
If Manly seek half decent counsell they could probably show 30+ incidents similar to the Matai one. Yow Yeh sold the Williams shot for all it was worth, thought he was dead, low and behold he's diving over the corner 2 plays later

So you're saying Yow Yeh milked it and wasn't hurt because he kept playing and desperately took a dive to score in the corner to keep his side in the competition?? I'm pretty sure he was stunned... he copped a swinging Tony Williams arm across the face.

Players play through pain and injury... surprise surprise it is Rugby League.

dogslife

Coach
Well I didn't think there was too much in the Williams shot, but nevertheless I'm not saying he wasn't hurt, but given his initial reaction I honestly thought he was dead. I thought the stretcher was coming out and the blanket was going over the face and all

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
Darius Boyd was absolutely slaughtered last week from brisbane fans when he stayed down after a swing arm from Wallace, this week its Yow Yeh, wheres the venom?????

MSIH

Bench
Ahh the hate in this thread is scrumptious.

GF time baby.

Neither should miss anything.

Hooch

Juniors
If Matai misses a GF for that the game has become a joke.

Bill Slater does that week in week out. Nothing in it.

skeepe

Immortal
Ah Manly fans. Someone just f**king poison the water up there and be done with it. Is there a more f**king idiotic bunch of supporters?

Williams should have been sent off, no question. Swinging arm direct to the jaw... the fact that it's a preliminary final is probably what saved him from an early shower... yet Manly fans are trying to tell is it hit the shoulder :lol:

As for Matai, he led with the knees and landed on Yow Yeh's ribs. Definitely deserves a suspension, yet Manly fans try to tell us it happens every game. Here's a hint Manly fans... it doesn't happen every game, although as you only watch games involving your thugs I can forgive you for thinking that, because things like that and worse are committed by Manly players every week. I can assure you Manly fans, not every other team plays as disgustingly thuggish as your mob.

Absolute disgrace that this bunch of animals will play in the grand final. I hope they got absolutely destroyed

Perth Red

Post Whore
Williams I thonk was purely accidental and doesn;t deserve to miss a GF, Matai deserves to, looked deliberate and very dangerous.

Refs did a great job of following Gallop's edict to make sure a NSW team was in the GF. Those play of the ball penalties were an absolute joke in a semifinal game, especially in the first few minutes. Refs need to step back and let the players decide results. Harrigan needs to make them all sit and watch that pommie ref'd International earlier in the year 100 times so they can learn about not being the deciding factor.

Hooch

Juniors
Not a manly fan but anyone who reckons you miss a GF because someone managed to dive into your knees is soft.

If Yo Yo hadn't managed to get his ribs broke it wouldnt rate a mention.

ceagle

Bench
Ah Manly fans. Someone just f**king poison the water up there and be done with it. Is there a more f**king idiotic bunch of supporters?

Williams should have been sent off, no question. Swinging arm direct to the jaw... the fact that it's a preliminary final is probably what saved him from an early shower... yet Manly fans are trying to tell is it hit the shoulder

As for Matai, he led with the knees and landed on Yow Yeh's ribs. Definitely deserves a suspension, yet Manly fans try to tell us it happens every game. Here's a hint Manly fans... it doesn't happen every game, although as you only watch games involving your thugs I can forgive you for thinking that, because things like that and worse are committed by Manly players every week. I can assure you Manly fans, not every other team plays as disgustingly thuggish as your mob.

Absolute disgrace that this bunch of animals will play in the grand final. I hope they got absolutely destroyed
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

mj-laughing.gif

Perth Red

Post Whore
You can't lead with the knees, being committed to kneeing someone is not the same as being committed to the tackle!

6174798471_e5cca3f535.jpg

Last edited:

ceagle

Bench
He came over fast to try and stop the tackle, once Cry Yeh was on the ground, Matai was going to fast to go anywhere else but the top of him.

Goddy

Juniors
Nobody else except the Manly supporters are defending these guys. If you honestly think Williams hit the shoulder first, you're not only imbeciles but dickheads as well.

skeepe

Immortal
He came over fast to try and stop the tackle, once Cry Yeh was on the ground, Matai was going to fast to go anywhere else but the top of him.

So this is justification for dropping the knees? Accidents happen. High tackles are almost always accidental, perhaps we should let them all go too on the basis that the player didn't mean to do it?

His intent doesn't matter here, only the end result.