What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

BunniesMan

Immortal
Blair and Glenn Stewart should get 5 weeks without a doubt. IMO the four or five Manly blokes running in to escalate the 2nd brawl should all be suspended for some time aswell.

The first brawl was bad. Carrying on as they're binned is worse. 5 on 1 is simply disgusting. What do you think Gallop and co at NRL hq will think about this brawl being all over morning tv tomorrow. Horrible PR. There will be multiple suspensions.

Some could go for the rest of the year.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
I reckon Blair has heaps to answer for being third man in in the original blue and laying a heap of punches, which is what started the brawl in the first place. He also made sure he caught up to Glen Stewart before they made the tunnel, and started niggling again. To me that started the second brawl as well, and he'll go for a row.

Blair deserves 12 weeks, Glenn Stewart 16.

BunniesMan

Immortal
IMO Blair and G Stewart have to get the suspension. And with the other Manly players who ran into the 2nd brawl given a forced rest aswell.

Last edited:

Garts

Bench
Was watching the game in a bar in Bali. The whole place loved it, we all love the biff. Both teams at fault and a week suspension for all involved is sufficient. Deadset there are some pillow biters on here, cheap shots by both sides but at the end of the day it was awesome.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
True. In your case you've managed to completely ignore Hinchcliffe elbowing Lussick in the face, as well as Blair chasing after Stewart and pushing him.
There was nothing in the elbow thing - Lussack was all over him and it was Hinchcliffe's ball carrying arm - a push (certainly not an 'elbowing') so he would get him off for a quick play the ball - nothing out of the odinary in any team, any game.
I said Blair's in trouble & deservedly so. But at what point did Blair push Stewart first? Yes, he ran after him to keep niggling - but they were both squaring off simultaneously & Stewart started the punching.
My original comments were about the words used to describe Storm players' actions (imo, emotive & incorrect where I highlighted).

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
FMD Mistytard never fails to amuse. Catches what a trainer is doing while it all goes down, but conveniently misses B Stewart's flying superman punch on Blair, and Lussick's punches in the 5 on 1.

Such a massive genius.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Awesome for diehard fans like you and I Garts. But those kinds of fans aren't going anywhere, the NRL isn't trying to lure us in, it already has us. It's trying hard to get the mums on board who are deciding whether to put their kids in under 6 footy or under 6 Soccer. People like that won't 'love the biff' like we do.

Anything that might make our code look like 'thugby' has been and always will be stamped out. What happened tonight used to happen every weekend in the 80s. Now it's gunna be all anyone talks about at least until judiciary night.

I can't see G Stewart and Blair playing again this year. Not because that's what I want to happen, but because of what the NRL needs to do to acheive its goals. And I could see quite a few others getting 1-2 weeks.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Was watching the game in a bar in Bali. The whole place loved it, we all love the biff. Both teams at fault and a week suspension for all involved is sufficient. Deadset there are some pillow biters on here, cheap shots by both sides but at the end of the day it was awesome.

Bali is for bogans…

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Facts:

*This wasn't the best game of the year
*Blair and G.Stewart are both f**kwits for running to take part in first brawl and then continuing it after both being sin binned and should both get 4 weeks suspension, minimum
*B.Stewart should get 2-3 weeks for his involvement in the second brawl
*Lussick is a moron for starting it all by overreacting to a harmless elbow (accidental or not, he would've barely felt it)
*How any of you can claim one side worse than the other is moronic, they're all as bad as each other.

Tommax25

Bench
Glenn Stewart and Blair deserve suspensions, and Blair longer as he instigated the 2nd brawl and was cheapshoting Lussick in the first. Maybe Brett Stewart deserves something for what looks like an attempted clothesline (clotheshanger? Closeline? Closehanger? I don't f**king watch wrestling). I don't really see what Lussick did to deserve anything in the second brawl, but there were alot of bodies in the way so maybe I don't see it. Hinchcliff looks and sees where Lussicks head is and then lays in with the elbow, does no-one think that deserves something?

Blair - 2 weeks
G. Stewart - 1-2 weeks
B. Stewart 0-1 week
Lussick - 0-1 week
Hinchcliff 0-1 week
everyone else 0 weeks

imo

Can we please, PLEASE, not overreact to this?

eagles4eva

Coach
Love the hate, some real gems posted by some geniuss here.

G Steward and Blair will cop suspensions..

Bretts attempted flying closeline may see him in trouble, both clubs should get a fine..

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
*This wasn't the best game of the year

It wasn't in the top 100. Started out as if it might be a cracker, then unfortunately Wolfman's injury took all the momentum out of it and basically meant it was start all over again. (Hope he's okay, incidentally).

And then we get the biff, which a lot of bogans in here think is magnificent. I don't tune in to see amateur boxing, I tune in to watch league. We had the best two teams in the comp, reduced to 12 a side and playing 20 mins past my bedtime because they decided to have two all-in brawls over a harmless elbow.

Sides 7 and 8 in the comp will be eagerly awaiting judiciary night.

hitman82

Bench
The second half was boring as.
I'd say the standard 1-2 weeks for Blair and G Stewart and 1-3 for Lussock, at least 1 for B Stewart - maybe some disrepute charge rather than striking as he didn't do a very good job of it.

I'm not reading 20 pages of "Manly scum" and skeepe bursting a blood vessel but whatever Blair said to Stewart is irrelevant. If he said Brett was a rapist, doesn't matter you can't go hitting people.

Whatever Danny Williams got for punching Mark O'Neill then Brett Stewart should get more BUT does anyone think the NRL will come down really hard on Stewart given Manly's epic whinging over the last few years?

Whoever the #13 for Manly is a dog and so is Blair.

edit.

Also I don't think this as great at all as it was nothing but dog shots and cowardice. Very poor advertisement for the game from two teams who could well be in the GF.

Whatever happens at the judiciary will have a huge impact on the finals.

Last edited:
That was f**king awesome.

I reckon the NRL should cite no one, no one should get suspended and the draw should be re-done so they play each other again, intact, next week.

duck_dodgers

Juniors
50252_98634011408_7029873_n.jpg

Latest posts