What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
He'll be a loss no doubt but not one that can't be covered and certainly not one that all of a sudden puts us out of contention of winning the comp, no matter how much opposition fans (hope) would like to think it will.
I don't think anyone is writing off Melbourne simply because they lost Blair.

However, if the officials actually officiate and penalize your grub tactics in the ruck like they did against Manly last week your done.

If the officials let some journeyman come in and use Bellamy's "tactics" than you will be fine. If they enforce the rules you're finished.

Molly

Juniors
Glenn Referred for the 2nd brawl he threw a few punches not sure if many connected Blair threw a few not sure if many of those connected either
then the Cavalry arrived Glenn and Blair didnt go near each other again
so 2 WEEKS for Glen
same for Blair but add his charge on 4weeks

Was a bit hard too with four other sea eagles in the way.....

dclayw

Juniors
This is an odd thing to say but I have to admit that I was pretty baffled by the way Stewart just started swinging at Blair and how it all seemed so premeditated. I'd say it's more likely that Stewart just knew he'd be sweet with his mates running in.
I agree, in some ways it did seem premeditated, as though all those involved knew what was going on. It was very bizarre actually.

ceagle

Bench
The last case which was referred straight to the judiciary was when Wade Mckinnon spat at a referee. He only got 3 weeks

ceagle

Bench
Seriously Glenn did less grubby shit then Lussick.Glenn didn't do anything grubby in the 1st fight, and was involved in a brawl where no punches connected

northwest9

Juniors
Gallop and the nrl are kidding themselves with b Stewart only getting a week for his attempted decapitation of Blair.

As many as Danny Williams got should have been the result.

I felt a bit sorry for him during the whole rape thing, but he's pointed out how much he really is a piece of shit.

Canard

Immortal
After howls of "the NRL is going overboard!!!11!!!!", other than the main protaganists the sentencing wound up being pretty light really.

Funny how some posters on here claim that a major a reason that Manly won on Friday night was due to the refs clamping down on Melbourne's tactics.

I saw it totally opposite to this, I saw it as Manly succesfully deploying the very same Storm tactics which frustrated Melbourne out of the game. (doing a Melbourne on Melbourne if you will)

Good coaching for mine and quite legal.

In the end, I think Brett got off lightly, Glen and Blair will end up spending a month or so on the sidelines after there referred cases.

Tell you what though, the next Manly Melbourne game will be compulsory viewing.

jonno_knights

Juniors
So Hinchcliffe gets nothing for the elbow
Slater Nothing for the 73min forearm to DCE
Gidley and DeGois for Saturdays brawl nothing and prob a few more that warranted looking at

Haha, what game were u watching? if that was a brawl then the Manly/Melbourne fight was WWI.

:(, the NRL is picking on Manly...be quiet Des.

I think Blair will get 2 weeks for the first incident and 1 for the second. Glen Stewart will get 3 weeks for the second incident, he started it by waiting for Blair and threw the first punch.

thorson1987

Coach
After howls of "the NRL is going overboard!!!11!!!!", other than the main protaganists the sentencing wound up being pretty light really.

Funny how some posters on here claim that a major a reason that Manly won on Friday night was due to the refs clamping down on Melbourne's tactics.

I saw it totally opposite to this, I saw it as Manly succesfully deploying the very same Storm tactics which frustrated Melbourne out of the game. (doing a Melbourne on Melbourne if you will)

Good coaching for mine and quite legal.

In the end, I think Brett got off lightly, Glen and Blair will end up spending a month or so on the sidelines after there referred cases.

Tell you what though, the next Manly Melbourne game will be compulsory viewing.

This. And Manly also stood up defensively and literally belted our guys out of the game.

One thing i can't understand, How did Ryles escape any scrutiny from this fight. Surely he should have get the worse charge out of the lot.

M2D2

Bench
I doubt very much there will be a two week difference between the two players with the second incident.
I would be surprised if they didnt get the EXACT same punishment seeing as how if somebody stated that loading doesnt come into play when its goes straight to judiciary.

ceagle

Bench
I doubt very much there will be a two week difference between the two players with the second incident.
I would be surprised if they didnt get the EXACT same punishment seeing as how if somebody stated that loading doesnt come into play when its goes straight to judiciary.
They will probably get the same punishment, the outcry if they don't will be massive. I have nfi how the judiciary will react to this, it could go from 2-5 weeks imo