What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

sting

Bench
Not sure about clean record discounts for all offences. While prior offences should be punished, a clean record on certain charges shouldn't matter.

I've never murdered anyone, if I ever did would I deserve 25% off my sentence cause it's not my go?

ceagle

Bench
Not sure about clean record discounts for all offences. While prior offences should be punished, a clean record on certain charges shouldn't matter.

I've never murdered anyone, if I ever did would I deserve 25% off my sentence cause it's not my go?
The rule has been around for ages, why bitch about it now?

Beachy Eagle

Juniors

WE are talking about a GAME of footy, not a life and death situation
Please!!!!

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
All the minor charges were on the money and previous records should and will help players reduce their time on the side lines.

As for Blair and Glen Stewart, Iam afraid they are gone, they have been trailed before the media and everyone wants plenty of blood. They will get the rest of the season for sure.

Both clubs final campaign will be dealt a massive blow as both players play such a big part in both attacking and defensive structures at their respective clubs. I think the whole thing has been blown up by the media and it a shame two players have probably played their last game for the season

:clap:

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
After hearing the audio on Ch9, they might have a point. Glenn Stewart was sin-binned on the advice of referee Gavin Badger who said he ran a distance & threw punches. In Manly's favour, Glenn Stewart didn't throw any punches in the "1st brawl". Therefore, Badger's evidence is incorrect.

Not that we could see in the game footage anyway...maybe the ref saw something else in the 1st one. He must've had a reason to single out those 2 for the sinbin (Blair's obvious as seen on the tv footage), As an aside, would they contradict the ref considering they have absolved them? Clutching at straws much?

And I know its been done to death but Glen Stewart DID connect with Blair when he ran in & it caused him to double over holding his head/face. In real time it looks like he misses & its stuff all but if you slow it down (pause/play/pause if you can't any other way) & its absolutely there for anyone to see.. Hard to believe he could get off on a technicality

sting

Bench
Because i can tell you would only bitch about it when Manly is involved.

Nah, I have nothing against Manly at all, heaps of mates go from them and I was loving them on Friday night when they were kicking the shit out of the Storm.

WE are talking about a GAME of footy, not a life and death situation
Please!!!!

"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

ceagle

Bench
Not that we could see in the game footage anyway...maybe the ref saw something else in the 1st one. He must've had a reason to single out those 2 for the sinbin (Blair's obvious as seen on the tv footage), As an aside, would they contradict the ref considering they have absolved them? Clutching at straws much?

And I know its been done to death but Glen Stewart DID connect with Blair when he ran in & it caused him to double over holding his head/face. In real time it looks like he misses & its stuff all but if you slow it down (pause/play/pause if you can't any other way) & its absolutely there for anyone to see.. Hard to believe he could get off on a technicality
They showed the footage of the brawl on channel 9 alongside the story, Glenn does not throw a punch at all when joining in he only grabs Blair after he was throwing uppercuts.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
They showed the footage of the brawl on channel 9 alongside the story, Glenn does not throw a punch at all when joining in he only grabs Blair after he was throwing uppercuts.

ok, so unfair/wrong sinbinning...fair enough. Guess that's why these guys get the lawyers in - still a bit of a farce if that gets him off the 2nd imo.

ceagle

Bench
ok, so unfair/wrong sinbinning...fair enough. Guess that's why these guys get the lawyers in - still a bit of a farce if that gets him off the 2nd imo.
I'm sure the lawyers no what there doing, I guess there case would be he should not of even been put in that position.

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."[/QUOTE]

well said sir
LOL:lol:

nrlnrl

First Grade

yeah I think the only Manly player who threw punches in the first fight was Lussick

MSIH

Bench
Geez I'm over it. Bring on the footy, and let this whole issue/thread die.

And yes, I realise Manly are still dragging it out with Dessie talking some shit in the media.

Nice to see Wayne Bennett giving his two cents in the papers yesterday and stating that the players should be held responsible for their actions yet he cannot utter any words when the media questions his own club's performances in the past two months.

ceagle

Bench
Nice to see Wayne Bennett giving his two cents in the papers yesterday and stating that the players should be held responsible for their actions yet he cannot utter any words when the media questions his own club's performances in the past two months.
Who gives a f**k what this old decrepit merkin has to say? He obviously has no place commenting on the issue, he should focus on stopping the Chokers, choking.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Read the comment at the top of the page for an explanation.
Who cares about the 1st fight. f**k the 1st fight, it's the 2nd fight that's going to see him rubbed out for the rest of the season. He threw the first punch in the second brawl that turned this from a minor issue to the issue that's dominating the news.

If he pleads not guilty to fighting that means all fighting, even if he didn't fight in the 1st brawl he's still fought in the 2nd (much worse) brawl.

Glenn Stewart won't play until round 1 2012.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Who gives a f**k what this old decrepit merkin has to say? He obviously has no place commenting on the issue, he should focus on stopping the Chokers, choking.

:lol: "Chokers""

I'd much rather have him as a coach instead of that braindead, mullet-haired tin foil merchant you have at manly