What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

Kiwimation

Juniors
"Bringing the game into disrepute" is such a load of crap. Everyone loves this stuff - from the fans who write 25 pages of forum chat, to the media who sell a few more papers out of it, to the NRL administrators who pretend they think this behaviour is outrageous but know the end result will be higher ratings and game attendance.

I fully condone this kind of behaviour in a rugby league match. It's good for the game. It's entertainment, pure and simple. Mums aren't going to stop their kids playing footy because of some fisticuffs - they're more likely to stop their kids playing footy after seeing David Williams carried off in a stretcher with a neck injury. But as always, the vocal minority of small minded moral crusaders will be baying for "justice".

Good times.

Agreed.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Here's the big issue out of this that no one has mentioned yet - why didn't Gallop immediately go down to the ground and apologise to the Stewart brothers for them getting punched? Typical NRL bias against the Manly Sea Angels.

ceagle

Bench
Here's the big issue out of this that no one has mentioned yet - why didn't Gallop immediately go down to the ground and apologise to the Stewart brothers for them getting punched? Typical NRL bias against the Manly Sea Angels.
He also should of apologised for taking the 07,09 premierships off Melbourne.

ShaiGuY

First Grade
Anyone seen Lussick on the panned out shot when the Manly players come in... doesn't look good for him...

dubopov

Coach
I seriously must be blind, but i keep watching the replay and i dont see any of the Manly players who ran in throwing punches, all i see is Number 13 (Stewart) and Blair throwing them on the ground.

Watmough gets knocked away

Lussick is up and intercepting oncoming Storm players

I dunno, i must be missing something

How come everyone thinks Watmough was involved ?? The 2 others Manly cats were Foran and Robertson

HowHigh

Coach
  • Wolfman gone, Stewart in doubt
Manly lose David Williams for season, Brett Stewart in doubt following win over Melbourne Storm

"Manly have been left to count the cost of Friday night's controversial 18-4 win over Melbourne Storm at Brookvale Oval, with Brett Stewart in doubt for the finals and David Williams ruled out for the remainder of the season.

Williams was stretchered from the field and rushed to hospital after experiencing pins and needles from an awkward collision, later confirmed to be the result of a broken neck."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...-melbourne-storm/story-fn2mcuj6-1226123373040

woodyk2

First Grade
fractured c6...six months....i really hope pirie is being sarcastic. If not ....PIRIE RUN AT ME.

Engine

Juniors
Pirie...low form. I hate Manly and I hate men like Steve Matai (whom Im suprised that he actually behaved himself). If that happened to Catai, I'd be shattered.

Hope for a full recovery for the wolfman.