What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marika Koroibete

macnaz

Staff member
Rowdy was ok on friday,Lulia is crap though.

Rowdy was ok by his standard , but hardly the standard required of an NRL centre , we shouldnt get confused when he plays better than his normal and hence call that good.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hope your right but I see guys run it at him and he hardly ever stops them. When he has the ball its basically the same in reverse but I'd like to feel confident that he could tackle a player who was trying to go around him.

If our sliding defence worked properly, players wouldn't try and run around him as they'd be chancing their arm at a very narrow corridor down the sideline, with defenders moving towards them.

But our backrowers and centres are so f**king slow laterally that they have to move forward more than slide, and that creates gaps between Nofoaluma's inside shoulder and the centre (who is moving forward, not toward the sideline).

If Blair was a more reliable defender, i'd have him in the second row, defending wider. he is a good slide defender, so his motion would force his centre to slide, instead of rush up forward.

This was the greatest asset we got from Fulton.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
he has the potential.

I'd like to see him get a go.

Farlow would be worthy of a run too.

macnaz

Staff member
he has the potential.

I'd like to see him get a go.

Farlow would be worthy of a run too.

Santi seems a bit more mobile then Farlow , not much of him but he is tough bugger. Farlow is a lot like Mark Oneill , just always does his job without being flash or letting the side down.

Tiger05

First Grade
Koro is a weapon at nrl level. I don't blame him for going but it was a dumb decision.

So much better a winger than Richards it isn't funny.

Tigerm

Coach
Koro is a weapon at nrl level. I don't blame him for going but it was a dumb decision.

So much better a winger than Richards it isn't funny.

He's certainly faster than Richards, not sure about "so much better" than him.

Tiger05

First Grade
He's certainly faster than Richards, not sure about "so much better" than him.

Faster, stronger, more elusive, possibly better under the high ball especially in attack and possibly a better defender (there will be the usual stupid comments Koro can't defend but my response is go and watch Richards attempt last weekend).

As a winger Koro destroys Richards. Richards though has a kicking game that is on another level and he can be a serviceable winger.

I think that letting Koro go though for Richards is more than likely a mistake. We have the chance of having a great backline and Koro finishing off half chances would have been great.

Still its done.

Radical Rat

Juniors
Faster, stronger, more elusive, possibly better under the high ball especially in attack and possibly a better defender (there will be the usual stupid comments Koro can't defend but my response is go and watch Richards attempt last weekend).

As a winger Koro destroys Richards. Richards though has a kicking game that is on another level and he can be a serviceable winger.

I think that letting Koro go though for Richards is more than likely a mistake. We have the chance of having a great backline and Koro finishing off half chances would have been great.

Still its done.

Surely you jest. There is not one winger in the comp worse under the high ball than Koroibete, attack or defence. If Maranta wasn't such a genius Koro would have coughed up yet another try last night with his butter fingers.

In saying that, we should have kept him. Patty Richards has had a few average weeks and I don't think he's going to have a lot to offer next year.

Matchball

Bench
Two weeks in a row he has blown tries. Forward low pass to an unmarked man 20 centimetres out.
He might score but he blows just as many.

Tiger05

First Grade
Surely you jest. There is not one winger in the comp worse under the high ball than Koroibete, attack or defence. If Maranta wasn't such a genius Koro would have coughed up yet another try last night with his butter fingers.

In saying that, we should have kept him. Patty Richards has had a few average weeks and I don't think he's going to have a lot to offer next year.

I'm not joking. He can catch an attacking kick and he does it pretty well.

Latest posts