What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Massive News: SMH: Runaway Lyon says he's keen to rejoin Parramatta

spiderdan

Bench
this is just me thinking out loud not info i have got from anyone but.......

how do we know that hagan isn't trying to get lyon back in anticipation that timana may leave. i've heard that timana, despite not saying anything publicly, doesn't want to be coached by hagan and that's one of the reasons he left the knights (just rumours nothing concrete).

what if, hagan has a hunch that timana will leave even though he is playing some great football at centre and hagan wants lyon ready to fit in. if this happens and jezza smith gives our side another dimension we may well end up with a backline that looks like mckinnon/reddy, inu/hayne, lyon. b. smith, gu2, j. smith, t. smith.

hmmmmm......

hopefully inu will make his debut in the top grade ahead of peterson this week. (please god :pray: ). will keep you posted.

again, just thinkin' out loud so don't go quoting me.

strider

Post Whore
1. I don't like Lyon - he behaved like a wanker and I've seen NOTHING to indicate he is otherwise ... I used to think he was the bee's knees - but I have no time for him any more .... and tbh, there has been nothing that says he feels sorry for what happened or anything .... I believe J Lyon looks out for himself first and only

2. He is probably one of the best centres in the world ... no doubting the talent

3. I don't believe he will come back .... again there is nothing concrete to suggest he is even close to doing so ... people are just wishing he will because it might make our team better .... but as many have pointed out - he's do little at the top level to be considered a good 5/8

4. If he comes back so be it .... I won't die ... I'll still support parra .... but it won't make me like him just because he is here to earn his $300K+ salary

James_Hardie

Juniors
No, I am saying that to suggest the reason Lyon isn't even the second choice 5/8 at St Helens is because he is leaving at the end of the year (considering this kid was chosen ahead of him as a 17 year old last year as well), and in a league where if you (the coach) don't win every game, you face the chop, is a bit far fetched.

yy_cheng

Coach
James_Hardie said:
No, I am saying that to suggest the reason Lyon isn't even the second choice 5/8 at St Helens is because he is leaving at the end of the year (considering this kid was chosen ahead of him as a 17 year old last year as well), and in a league where if you (the coach) don't win every game, you face the chop, is a bit far fetched.

Yes, but that 17 y.o. is probably better than any option we have at the moment as our youngster are just not ready yet.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
That 18 year old is one of the brightest prospects in Super League. They were up against poor opposition so they decided to rest Leon and give the kid a chance. They also keep Lyon at centre because the bloke playing outside him (Ade Gardner) is an absolute dud and they know if Lyon moves to five-eighth he'll fall to bits. Then there's the fact that while they have one of the brightest halves prospects in GB, the same can't be said for their centres (to my knowledge anyway). They can move Lyon to 6 and weaken their strike down the right side, or they keep him at right centre and bring up Moore and they keep the standard just as high, that's why he doesn't play five-eighth over there.

Eelementary

Post Whore
ParraDude_Jay said:
That 18 year old is one of the brightest prospects in Super League. They were up against poor opposition so they decided to rest Leon and give the kid a chance. They also keep Lyon at centre because the bloke playing outside him (Ade Gardner) is an absolute dud and they know if Lyon moves to five-eighth he'll fall to bits. Then there's the fact that while they have one of the brightest halves prospects in GB, the same can't be said for their centres (to my knowledge anyway). They can move Lyon to 6 and weaken their strike down the right side, or they keep him at right centre and bring up Moore and they keep the standard just as high, that's why he doesn't play five-eighth over there.

That's a really good point.

strider

Post Whore
still leaves him as a rather unproven 5/8 at the top level tho ... but hey - so was johnny

strider said:
1. I don't like Lyon - he behaved like a wanker and I've seen NOTHING to indicate he is otherwise ... I used to think he was the bee's knees - but I have no time for him any more .... and tbh, there has been nothing that says he feels sorry for what happened or anything .... I believe J Lyon looks out for himself first and only

Exactly.

Why is he all of a sudden some naive kid with good intentions who was led astray? Please, when I was that age I was in charge of my life and making responsible decisions. How many people have shown maturity by the time they hit 20, let alone in their mid-20s like he is now?

Load of crap, pure and simple. He has done absolutely nothing to show that he is any way trying to make amends let alone admit he has made a mistake. He has done nothing to show that he wants to come back for any other reason apart from the fact that circumstances suit him now.

Biggest load of crap ever. Show me one piece of evidence, one quote, that shows he is remorseful, admits his mistakes, and wants to make amends.

Anyone?

Utey

Coach
Hollywood Jesus said:
Exactly.

Why is he all of a sudden some naive kid with good intentions who was led astray? Please, when I was that age I was in charge of my life and making responsible decisions. How many people have shown maturity by the time they hit 20, let alone in their mid-20s like he is now?

Load of crap, pure and simple. He has done absolutely nothing to show that he is any way trying to make amends let alone admit he has made a mistake. He has done nothing to show that he wants to come back for any other reason apart from the fact that circumstances suit him now.

Biggest load of crap ever. Show me one piece of evidence, one quote, that shows he is remorseful, admits his mistakes, and wants to make amends.

Anyone?

So so true.

eelsta

Bench
Oh my god, whatever happened to forgive and forget

Holding a grudge isn't terribly healthy IMO!!!

fish eel

Immortal
Hollywood Jesus said:
Exactly.

Anyone?

Thats one thing I'd agree with you on.

During this whole debate and all the articles, I havent seen a quote direct from Lyon - which is why I still think its pretty long odds he'll come back. And I've said that plenty of times in various threads here.

But:
If he wants to come back and make amends. I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

People make mistakes. People often do things and then, a couple of years down the track wish they didnt. You mightn't. But plenty of people do.

And IF Jamie feels that way, terrific, come home son and win us a comp. If not, then so be it. I'd hope he gets smashed when he plays us.

Suitman

Post Whore
fish eel said:
Thats one thing I'd agree with you on.

During this whole debate and all the articles, I havent seen a quote direct from Lyon - which is why I still think its pretty long odds he'll come back. And I've said that plenty of times in various threads here.

But:
If he wants to come back and make amends. I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

People make mistakes. People often do things and then, a couple of years down the track wish they didnt. You mightn't. But plenty of people do.

And IF Jamie feels that way, terrific, come home son and win us a comp. If not, then so be it. I'd hope he gets smashed when he plays us.

Obviously HJ has never made a mistake in his life...........:roll:

Suity