What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Massive News: SMH: Runaway Lyon says he's keen to rejoin Parramatta

jayman

Juniors
we got an awesome team...an awesome team plus an test player..isnt going to back it any worse...

i can see why people having grudges against him for wat he did... BUT..we arent playing.. sure we are the fans.. and they play for our amusement and all that.. but the disloyal act was to the players in the team.. if they are 100% behind it..then i cant see why the fans shouldnt be...

Parraletic

Juniors
His got alot of sucking up to do before he comes back, but if the players are happy for him to return, so am I. I just don't hope he expects all Parra fans to be as welcoming.

jayman

Juniors
If he does come back.. iam sure most people who hate him.. will soon change there tune.. esp once he starts carving up.. whatever position he plays

hes gonna cop it from anti-parra fans and parra fans alike... i just hope he doesnt bolt and show some ticker.. that will win him his fans back

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Parraletic said:
His got alot of sucking up to do before he comes back, but if the players are happy for him to return, so am I. I just don't hope he expects all Parra fans to be as welcoming.

Who exactly does he have to suck up to? He owes the fans nothing and the club/players have no issues with him anymore.

Someone said in the ESL forum that if he has extended his St. Helens contract then it will be announced at 10:15pm tonight which is 15 minutes before they kick off the game with their most hated rivals Wigan. The rumour seems too fitting, that he agrees to terms in the lead up week even though he's just started to talk about a contract with us, and it will be announced 15 minutes before the undefeated Saints smash the team that they all hate. Plus Saints fans say the reason is that there is no tri nations in 2007 so he can afford to stay another year and not lose many rep jerseys but you'd think Origin means more to him.

Guess we'll wait and see.. Please come back Jamie :pray:

Governator

Juniors
The fact of the matter is that if he plays good, everyone will praise the Lyon. But if he plays ordinary, we will call for his head.

If lyon can get into 2001 form we SHOULD sign him. Its the quality of the player that matters, not the quality of the person

jayman

Juniors
The fact that hes been in touch with parra players, and the club officals and the news, however sketchy they are, does seem to suggest hes in srs talks with parra... id find it hard to believe that he would go back and sign with St Helens after all the dramas and effort of contacting Parra.

then again... i might be wrong ... and that would be crap

ParraDude_Jay said:
Who exactly does he have to suck up to? He owes the fans nothing and the club/players have no issues with him anymore.

Excuse me? This is not HIS Club, it is MY Club. He can go out on big contracts and play as many games as he wants, any of the boys can, but this Club will ALWAYS belong to the people who pay their hard earned money and give up their precious time to support the Blue and Gold.

He owes us EVERYTHING. Without us he would be a nobody still out in the bush.

You continue to show your true colours with every post. Keep going I'm loving it.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Sorry HJ, didn't know you owned and ran the club. Well there goes any chance we had of Lyon coming back because the almighty Hollywood Jesus doesn't like him and he owns the club.

Pardon the sarcasm. But for the record, without Parra, Jamie would have been a superstar at another club. The talent wasn't put there by Parramatta they just helped bring it out, another talent scout would have eventually found him and signed him up.

Jamie Lyon doesn't owe anybody an apology and doesn't have to kiss up to anyone to come back. If Fitzy and Hagan want him at the club, the players don't feel like he betrayed them, and Lyon wants to come back, then who really gives a f**k what you think? Nobody perhaps?

Got another "patriotic" lesson for me HJ? Hopefully you'll just get over it because I really don't appreciate being told I'm less of a Parra fan than you just because I don't judge a book by it's cover, which is what you're doing since you, like the rest of us, know nothing about the Jamie Lyon saga from 2004.

Y2Eel

First Grade
If jamie lyon is prepared to say to the fans of this club if or when he returns he is sorry for running out on us in 04' for whatever reason and he'll do his best to help wn us the premiership then i guess i can forgive him.. but till then he can stay in england....

spiderdan

Bench
Hollywood Jesus said:
He owes us EVERYTHING. Without us he would be a nobody still out in the bush.
actually he woulda been somebody at norths.

the night crusher went up to sign him lyon was at one of crusher's mates places waiting for a norths official to sign lyon.

crusher calld his mate to go pig hunting and his mate explained what was going on as the norths guy was running very late. when crusher asked how good lyon was the answer was a hell of a lot better than stu kelly at the same age.

crusher said he'd be there in an hour to sign this whiz kid up and the three would go pig hunting together.

prsonally i reckon he is one of the best naturally gifted players over the last 20 years and would rather he play for us than against.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I could be wrong...

But I would expect that if he's serious about returning, he'd have to make some form of apology...

Avenger

Immortal
Saints players all lined up, except one, to give a standing ovation(?) to a world class player......making his 350th appearence for the Saints, Kieron Cunningham.

That was the announcement.

strider

Post Whore
Avenger said:
Saints players all lined up, except one, to give a standing ovation(?) to a world class player......making his 350th appearence for the Saints, Kieron Cunningham.

That was the announcement.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

oh so the fans don't own the Club?

lol, that's rich. Just turn 100 years of footy on its head so that we can take back a guy who left without even giving us the real reason.

roflmao

varion

Juniors
IF Lyon was to come back....

Imagine if you were an Eels teammate you'd have to :-

- Train with him
- Goto Eels Events with him
- Play with him on Game Day
- Travel to interstate with him
- Listen to his BS.

You get the picture. If the EELS players he jilted in 2004 by running off can agree to let bygones be bygones we fans should be able to do the same should he come. The players are the ones that have to put up with him :)

Lets not get ahead of ourselves until its 100% confirmed anyway hes been linked to more clubs than Terry Hills played with over the last couple months.

fish eel

Immortal
Hollywood Jesus said:
oh so the fans don't own the Club?

lol, that's rich. Just turn 100 years of footy on its head so that we can take back a guy who left without even giving us the real reason.

roflmao

Personally, if the guys he walked out on, ie guys like Nathan Hindmarsh, are willing to have him back, then I think its case closed really.

bartman

Immortal
Gee we rack up a lot of posts about Lyon, don't we :lol:

Firstly, he has to mend any issues that remain with the teammates he left in the lurch in 2004. Let's face it, with so many guys off contract for 2007, there won't really be that many guys left anyway!

Here's that Round 1 2004 team that faced the Dogs in Jamie's last game, the ones in bold are the ones that might still be around:
Luke Burt - off contract?
Wise Kativerata - gone
Jamie Lyon
Matt Petersen - going
Eric Grothe - staying
Daniel Wagon - staying?
Adam Dykes - gone
Corey Pearson - gone
John Morris - off contract
Michael Vella - staying?
Nathan Hindmarsh - staying
Nathan Cayless (c) - staying
Lee Hopkins - gone
Interchange: David Vaealiki - gone
Craig Stapleton - gone
Adam Peek - off contract?
Aaron Cannings - off contract

Secondly, Lyon has to mend any issues remaining with the club. Since it looks like we will now have a complete clean-out of coaching and support staff, and given that the club is apparently in talks with him, then that seems sorted.

Thirdly, Lyon has to deal with the media attention and pressure that will inevitably focus on why he originally left and how well (or otherwise) he handled himself through that. This is the part which he may find the hardest if he is to come back to Parra, but it would be hard wherever he comes back to in the NRL. But the fact Brian Smith will not be connected with the Eels might mean that we hear more of the truth to why he left than we have done to date? Don't underestimate the media in creating impressions of things in the name of making a story that bear no resemblance to the truth.

Finally, he has to mend any issues that remain with the teams fans. The main (only?) way a player can do that is on the field. He is a far better player now than when he last played for us, he has developed so much extra skill on top of his talent. Nothing will change the fact he was probably a bit (or lot) naive in dealing with what was happening at the start of 2004, and most definitely got and took some bad advice. But he will carve on field if the new coach can salvage or build some team cohesion and spirit, and if everyone else has forgiven Lyon then in time so will everyone here.

Latest posts