What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Massive News: SMH: Runaway Lyon says he's keen to rejoin Parramatta

Pazza

First Grade
In the Christian Spirit of this time of year i'm willing to forgive and forget. lets just hope he come out like a man on a mission to repay us fans :-D

lol@PDJ

I'd rather run last for the next 100 years than win a Premiership with a bunch of blokes who were liars or only here for the money etc etc

You don't have the Club at heart - only yourself. The only reason you want to win a Premiership is so you can dance around and pat yourself on the back.

Not only do you know nothing about football, you know very little about life, or what a real man is.

I'd hate to have seen you during the late 80s, early 90s. Your last two posts have defined you as a Bandwagoner - someone who only cares about winning. I'm here win, lose or draw because I know there are some things more important than 2 competition points or a Premiership ring.

Integrity is one of those things. But you have just been extremely honest about the fact you are willing to sell the heart and soul of this Club in order to taste a little success. You are not a real Eels fan, no matter how much dribble you spout.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
eelavation said:
check out the redvee website...their basicaly saying the same thing.;-)

I wouldn't count your chickens yet, they seem certain that his agreed to a 1 year contract.

I guess you missed this bit:

Don’t shoot the messenger if it doesn’t happen, if we were sure it was happening then we’d run it as an exclusive, not as a rumour... personally I'd say the chances of it being true are quite slim and and around the 15-20% mark, but thought it worthy of sharing with everyone.

Redvee post alot of rubbish, even the crazy fans there aren't being tricked into this one just yet which says it is hardly solid, but I'm not counting any chickens. I hope like hell he comes back but in a situation as crazy as this you can't take anything for granted.

I feel safe in saying that we're way out in front in the race for his signature if he comes back to the NRL though. The Stains have thrown a huge amount of money at him, couldn't blame him if he takes it. It's rumoured to be around 350-400k pound and if the best Fitzy has is 250-300k Australian dollars then I guess we would be crazy to say it's a done deal.

coca-cola

Juniors
i love the attitude of john morris in regards to staying at the club. thats the kind of attitude i love to see from our boys. i call it parramattitude.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Hollywood Jesus said:
lol@PDJ

I'd rather run last for the next 100 years than win a Premiership with a bunch of blokes who were liars or only here for the money etc etc

And who would those blokes be? Our club has alot of good people, pity they play like a bunch of pregnant women who don't want to get hurt.

Hollywood Jesus said:
You don't have the Club at heart - only yourself. The only reason you want to win a Premiership is so you can dance around and pat yourself on the back.

So you, who would rather know that we have good blokes playing for us than win some games, have the club at heart? Yeah right, Jamie Lyon didn't drag the club's name through the mud, he did what he felt was right and while he could have done it better, I respect him for looking after himself and his family's interests. He wasn't happy here, he left, good on him for doing so.

Hollywood Jesus said:
Not only do you know nothing about football, you know very little about life, or what a real man is.

I know as much, if not more about the game today than you do mate, don't give me that rubbish. I don't lack knowledge about leage, I'm just not afraid to speak up when a crappy player is being named repeatedly, or a coach is messing up.

And hey, I guess you are a real man. Crucifying a 23 year old over something you know jack sh*t about, that makes you a real man doesn't it? I choose to keep an open mind because I don't know the whole story, and if guys like Hindmarsh and Cayless can say there was no real issue then what do you know that they don't?

Hollywood Jesus said:
I'd hate to have seen you during the late 80s, early 90s. Your last two posts have defined you as a Bandwagoner - someone who only cares about winning. I'm here win, lose or draw because I know there are some things more important than 2 competition points or a Premiership ring.

Bandwagoner? I didn't jump off when the Eels were playing terrible footy in 2003 / 2004, I've always supported the Eels no matter what. Don't call me a bandwagoner just because I can be more honest about problems than you can mate.

Hollywood Jesus said:
Integrity is one of those things. But you have just been extremely honest about the fact you are willing to sell the heart and soul of this Club in order to taste a little success. You are not a real Eels fan, no matter how much dribble you spout.

So re-signing Lyon is selling the heart and soul of the club? You're delusional. Hypothetically, let's say he re-signs with us. He wouldn't be doing it for money because St. Helens are offering ALOT more than we are, he wouldn't be doing it for Noel Cleal so why would he be doing it? Maybe because he wants to make up for his mistakes? There aren't many other reasons buddy.

You need to have a good look at yourself. They aren't chasing the signature of a murderer here, a bloke who was just a kid when he left us wants to return, not for the money, and here you are going on like they're signing the devil himself. I'd like to know what Jamie did to you that was so bad because to me and anyone who looks at the facts of the situation, he left because he was unhappy here. I wouldn't want him here if he was unhappy, but I guess his happiness meant nothing to you, as long as he stuck around with a coach he obviously didn't like, just so little Hollywood Jesus could go to sleep at night knowing the club's heart and soul remain intact. Get a clue, mate.

Eelementary

Post Whore
_goParra said:
Great theory, if Jamie was feeling for the lack of ball why did he not walk away in 2002, 2003. Why wait to sign a contract extension and then walk away 2004 when the season was 1 game old.

In conclusion this theory is bullsh*t

It's a cumulative process. But please - let's not let that get in the way of a good old-fashioned Jamie-bashing.

It's only BS according to you because you're one of those "Jamie is a bastard and Brian is innocent" people.

parra pete

Referee
Hollywood Jesus said:
lol@PDJ

:clap: :clap: :clap: Who could forget the sight of Jamie Lyon at Brookvale with the Manly crew, cheering the Eagles on, ALL AT A TIME WHEN RAY HADLEY AND HIS DICKHEAD mates were having potshots at the Eels, calling on fans to march on the Stadium. It nearly ripped the Club apart.
Sorry, I'm like Hollywood Jesus..maintaining integrity is more important than winning any premiership. I'm happy supporting the Club with 17 triers than 16 triers and one champion who could turn his back on his mates when the going gets hard.
Integrity of a football Club is worth more than a champion 'white ant'.
Try this quick quiz. If Jack Gibson was coach of the Eels, would he want Jamie back??? If the answer is NO, that's good enough for me.

strider

Post Whore
ParraDude_Jay said:
If Jamie's return upsets you that much then don't support the club, simple. The rest of us who want to win a premiership and stay loyal to our team will be over here enjoying the fact that the club are moving in the right direction with a coach who doesn't choke, and chasing a class player who we desperately need.

a bit hypocritical dude ... u blast someone who doesn't agree with u about jamie - tell them to piss off if they don't like something about the club

yet u spend season after season whining like hell about our current coach and some of the players :lol: :lol:

how would u feel if we all told u to piss off and not support parra for the rest of the year cos u don't like smithy? :roll:

The Colonel

Immortal
Can I just remind you all that if it starts to get personal again people will take an enforced holiday away from this place.

If you don't like others opinions, all fine but please lets not attack them because of it.

parra pete

Referee
The Colonel said:
Can I just remind you all that if it starts to get personal again people will take an enforced holiday away from this place.

If you don't like others opinions, all fine but please lets not attack them because of it.

Who is looking at the sin bin???? Not me I hope.....

Eelementary

Post Whore
What's this issue with integrity?

Did Lyon walk out on the fans? On the club? On his team-mates?

The reason he gives is the coach - he walked out because of Smith.

If he is big enough to admit he made an error...Well, then, as far as I'm concerned THAT is the mark of integrity. A man who can admit to his failures and make amends.

The thing that I have a major beef with is the fact he lied over it.

If he had have said he couldn't play under Smith, then so be it. But now his coming back is him "wanting to fix his mistakes" or some crap?

My arse! If Smith was gonna be here next year he wouldn't even consider coming back. So he is only considering returning because the situation suits him - not even close to a guy who made a mistake looking to make amends.

The Colonel

Immortal
Eelementary said:
The reason he gives is the coach - he walked out because of Smith.

Actually the reason he gives....

The former Kangaroo centre walked out on Parramatta after the opening round of 2004 citing burnout and difficulty in adjusting to the Sydney lifestyle, returning to his hometown to play for NSW country side Wee Waa before moving on to England.

He's always publically denied any problems with Smith.

Eelementary

Post Whore
That's true. But that's part of the other issue - some reports claim he DID have a probelm with Smith but denied it in order to not sling mud at the club.

The thing I don't get is this - let's assume (EVERYTHING about the Lyon saga is assumption at this stage) the following:

* Lyon apologies to fans and team-mates about his behaviour;

* We place a special clause in his contract just in case he does walk out again;

* We get him for a decent price.

Those are all positives - but STILL people would find ways to find problems with it. Their steadfast refusal to have him back is understandable but at the very same time surprising.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well, makes sense to me.

If he can't stand Brian, then why would he come back - even to make amends for the fans and his mates?

It would be ridiculous.

Redback71

First Grade
jamie back and at 5/8th you cant but help drool at the thought of what possibilities will lie a head next year (as long as we dont have the dogs in round 1) but the question that remains is this the real reason why brian smiths contract was not renewed

The Colonel

Immortal
If he is genuine and he shows that I'll come around. At this stage it is all media speculation and could be driven for a completely different reason than coming to Parramatta.

Eelementary

Post Whore
That's very true, Colonel.

It IS all speculation at this stage.

I also don't want to be inerpreted as though I'm trying to change people's minds - because everyone is entitled to their opinion.