What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Finals Week 2 vs Warriors @ Go Media Stadium, Penrose / Aotearoa

Who will win? Finals Week 2: Warriors v Newcastle

• Warriors 13+

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Warriors 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Woody90

Juniors
I’m strangely not super depressed about this like I thought I would be. Very sad way to end the season but at the end of the day I think the last 10 weeks has taken a lot out of us and our inexperience in big games was obvious. Own worst enemies in some regard but the Warriors were also great.

Hopefully this experience will be good for the boys and next season they’ll come back hungry to keep improving. Shows that there’s a reason teams don’t ever win the comp from outside of the top 4.

Jono078

Referee
This is not how you want to finish your season. Everything just completely unraveled today. We shit ourselves early on to be frank. Did well to fight back but we gave it back to easy and didn’t have it in us to go another gear.

perverse

Referee
I’m strangely not super depressed about this like I thought I would be. Very sad way to end the season but at the end of the day I think the last 10 weeks has taken a lot out of us and our inexperience in big games was obvious. Own worst enemies in some regard but the Warriors were also great.

Hopefully this experience will be good for the boys and next season they’ll come back hungry to keep improving. Shows that there’s a reason teams don’t ever win the comp from outside of the top 4.
Pretty much my take too. It was a fun run, and there's a lot to learn out of it. Hopefully it results in a hungry off season and a better start to next year.

We got a lot of joy out of the season, unexpectedly. Next year we have to reach higher on the ladder and show we've learned how to play finals footy. Top 4 is a pass mark next year.

Seage

Juniors

What more big game experience have the Warriors got?

Haffa

What more big game experience have the Warriors got?
Tohu Harris, Dylan Walker, Shaun Johnson, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Marata Niukore and Te Maire Martin have all played in grand finals with Harris and Walker both in premiership-winning sides.

Harris and Walker have played 13 finals matches, Niukore 10, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak nine, Nicoll-Klokstad seven and Johnson six.

Gags is our most experienced with 15. The rest a combined 35.

I really question those one up hit ups from the backs. I've questioned it before but it has worked. We got nowhere from it today. Needed a plan B.