What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Finals Week 2 vs Warriors @ Go Media Stadium, Penrose / Aotearoa

Who will win? Finals Week 2: Warriors v Newcastle

• Warriors 13+

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Warriors 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2023 - Finals Week 2
Warriors v Newcastle Knights
Go Media Stadium, Penrose / Aotearoa, Penrose (TICKETS)
Saturday 16 September 2023

NRL kickoff 6:05pm NZT / 4:05pm AEST
Broadcast live on Nine Network, 9Now, Fox League and Kayo Sports

WAR2022TEAM.png

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 3. Rocco Berry 4. Adam Pompey 5. Marcelo Montoya 6. Te Maire Martin 7. Shaun Johnson 8. Addin Fonua-Blake 9. Wayde Egan 10. Mitchell Barnett 11. Jackson Ford 12. Marata Niukore 13. Tohu Harris 14. Dylan Walker 15. Jazz Tevaga 16. Bayley Sironen 17. Josh Curran 18. Freddy Lussick 20. Taine Tuaupiki 21. Bunty Afoa 22. Tom Ale 23. Edward Kosi

Out: Freddy Lussick (bench)
In: Shaun Johnson (halfback)
Changes: Dylan Walker (five-eighth to bench), Te Maire Martin (halfback to five-eighth)

NEW2022TEAM.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Dominic Young 3. Dane Gagai 4. Bradman Best 5. Greg Marzhew 6. Tyson Gamble 7. Adam Clune 8. Jacob Saifiti 9. Phoenix Crossland 10. Leo Thompson 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Dylan Lucas 13. Adam Elliott 14. Kurt Mann 15. Daniel Saifiti 16. Jack Hetherington 17. Mathew Croker 18. Brodie Jones 19. Enari Tuala 20. Fa'amanu Brown 21. Lachlan Miller 22. Jack Johns

Out: Jackson Hastings (halfback), Lachlan Fitzgibbon (second row)
In: Adam Clune (halfback), Dylan Lucas (second row)

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Adam GEE
Sideline Officials: Phil HENDERSON, Dave MUNRO
Video Referee: Grant ATKINS​

Last edited:

Rod

Bench
Not very often a team that's won 10 in a row will go in as underdogs, but I think this is a decent spot to be in. Expectations lowered a bit and the crowd there will be similar to ours today. Hopefully we've had our crap game and come back firing.

Apey

Staff member
Fitzy looked like the previous years version of himself today. So many stupid mistakes.
I know it eventually paid off but I was so sick of watching us keep doing the short ball to him when it wasn't working. Felt like we needed to use him as a decoy more often and play out the back.

Yosh

Coach
He has had such a good season. Probably his last game for us so I'm weirdly pretty upset he had a stinker!

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
So I’m thinking about doing something crazy and flying over to go to this game. Anyone else here thinking of doing the same? Also has anyone got a member code that can be used for when tickets go on sale this morning? Assuming you’re not using it of course… I would only need 1 ticket.

Nuke

Staff member
We have the advantage that neither Warriors, Brisbane, or Penrith will be considering us too much of a threat. That this 10-game winning run we're on will have to end sooner rather than later. Hopefully that will encourage them to get a bit too relaxed when coming up against us.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I know it eventually paid off but I was so sick of watching us keep doing the short ball to him when it wasn't working. Felt like we needed to use him as a decoy more often and play out the back.
I noticed a few times the raiders centres kept rushing up on Best, so I think we went to Fitzy to avoid possible intercept/Best getting hammered as soon as he got the ball.

Anyone else think Fitzy’s mistake (dropped in play the ball) that lead to raiders last try look like it was knocked out?
Fitzy was on his back, a raider fan back through the play the ball and the ball shot out towards their end. Seemed strange he could “drop” it like that.
We had no challenge left then too.

Zoidberg

First Grade
We have the advantage that neither Warriors, Brisbane, or Penrith will be considering us too much of a threat. That this 10-game winning run we're on will have to end sooner rather than later. Hopefully that will encourage them to get a bit too relaxed when coming up against us.
I think the good thing is the result could come down to how we play as opposed to the opposition.
Yesterday we were off/put off our game. Raiders ran harder, tackled harder and gave us few opportunities (especially the first half).
If we play at our best we will be a huge chance in every game we play.

Iamback

Coach
So I’m thinking about doing something crazy and flying over to go to this game. Anyone else here thinking of doing the same? Also has anyone got a member code that can be used for when tickets go on sale this morning? Assuming you’re not using it of course… I would only need 1 ticket.

The code is the same as last weeks, same for the whole final series

I thought about it too until I saw that cheapest one way flight on the Friday was like $700 lol

Alex28

Coach
I don’t think that is true. The Warriors particularly shouldn’t be taking us lightly - we’ve beaten them this year and they only just past us at home. We were a few minutes off beating the Broncos, we took the Panthers to extra time. I reckon the Broncos would much rather the Warriors over us.