What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 13 vs Manly @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 13: Newcastle v Manly

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 13+

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

K-Man

Bench
We get away with another ordinary performance. I'm not even celebrating that amazing Dom try, because we hardly even deserve it. Should have been a comfortable game but we produced an effort that wouldn't got the 2 points against any actual NRL standard team.

slotmachine

First Grade
We get away with another ordinary performance. I'm not even celebrating that amazing Dom try, because we hardly even deserve it. Should have been a comfortable game but we produced an effort that wouldn't got the 2 points against any actual NRL standard team.

Manly missing their three best and f**ked by the ref and we scrape home.

Slow clap.

Woody90

Juniors
Thank God we have a BYE next week so we don’t have to watch them.

That win felt like a loss.

Just happy we didn’t lose again on goal kicking because it certainly could have happened. We should have been up about 8 points without the result being in doubt at the end.

We looked so tired at times but then didn’t use barely any of our interchanges. I don’t understand AOB.

perverse

Referee
How did we manage to have a forward on the bench that only got 14 minutes when we had a backrower miss 20 minutes of the game?

Our bench usage this match was absolutely shameful. It wasn't the only shameful thing... but god...

Nuke

Staff member
Yet another victory where instead of elation, the feeling of relief is the overwhelming feeling.

Stoked we won, but thank heavens that game's over.

And so Newcastle defeat Manly.
And I'm now off to watch the '97 Grand Final to get some happier vibes of another time Newcastle beat Manly.

Nuke

Staff member
Just before that game starts, while "Nobody does it better" Julie Anthony belts out our national anthem, I'd like to make a suggestion to any of our fringe starters: Learn to kick goals. Get REAL good at it as quick as you can. We don't have a high percentage goalkicker, so this could be your way in to a starting jersey every week. Call it the 'Darryl Halligan' effect if you want.

Just SOMEONE please get good at kicking goals consistently.

Loose Cannon

Bench
I can only assume Miller’s error count will improve significantly as a result of not spending a week in reserve grade.

Addendum: Will reproduce in the other thread.

Latest posts