What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 13 vs Manly @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 13: Newcastle v Manly

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 13+

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dumb is still killing us.
Defence held up as it should’ve against that Manly side missing so many players, but dumb decisions handed them 2 tries on a platter.
Until we minimise the dumb and learn to kick goals, we will lose more than we win.
This sums it up perfectly imo

Burwood

Bench
Can hardly blame Elliot for that- even the commentators seemed to not notice that it was Hastings who passed him the ball.

Burwood

Bench
This has certainly been a season of firsts though. Miller mishap where he was defending behind the tryline, but thought he’s on the 10m line. And then Ponga handing over the ball on the 5th tackle after thinking he got caught on the 6th.

I’ve watched countless games since the mid 90s, and can’t recall ever having seen either of those two things happening before. The club could never be accused of being consistent, but at least they’re original :D

Old dog

Juniors
Unfortunately with six tackle rule you only have five fingers on your counting hand that requires changing hands at count of five, then confusion is it one or six, left or right, damn it was five, lost count when I stuck my finger up at ref thought I had count right tackle 1.1mil tackle 1.2mil, tackle 1.3mil, tackle 1.4mil, damn I’ve reached my limit, what comes after 4, where’s my Manager, Daaaaaad help

Nuke

Staff member
How long has it been cactus?
I only noticed it a few weeks ago on TV.

For the record, I live in Perth and thus haven't been to MJS since, I think, 2012 (?).

Loose Cannon

Bench
A back rower getting caught on the sixth happens all the time. A 1.4 million dollar playmaker and captain presenting the pill to the opposition 10 metres out after 5 tackles whilst spraying his teammate for incompetence is a new one.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I’m sure it happens a bit, but they probably usually put on a kick thinking it’s the last. Was made more obvious being tackled then leaving the ball as he did.

Apey

Staff member
How long has it been cactus?
I only noticed it a few weeks ago on TV.

For the record, I live in Perth and thus haven't been to MJS since, I think, 2012 (?).
Couple of years at least.

Latest posts