What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 14 vs Penrith @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton

Who will win? Round 14: Newcastle v Penrith

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Penrith Panthers 1-12

• Penrith Panthers 13+

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Silent Knight

First Grade
I’m already not enjoying this Fox coverage and then they go and put that wannabe Origin d*ckhead Hack Lolmax on during the ad break.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Cleary had 0.08 seconds to get a kick in on Wednesday. It seems that today’s pressure after 40 has his average out to 12 minutes per kick for the week so far.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Was too much for them to actually compete for 80 mins on a Sunday in front of a home crowd. They don’t deserve us. They just embarrass this city. My question is when will Gardner just sack him. It is time. I have tried to rationalise reasons he should stay but Adam O’Brien is clueless. It is actually funny
Now.

Johns Magic

Referee
Wouldn't have made any at all. Our line speed from minute 1 was absolutely pathetic... and a million other indicators that we didn't even show up to compete. It's like these blokes don't even know how to work hard anymore. We certainly don't know how to move a football either. It's embarrassing watching our blokes try to just link a few passes along the line together.

Yep they are going through the motions. Not good signs for a coach.

Jono078

Referee
It’s a shame Ponga went off and so this flogging has a default excuse. Wouldn’t have made much difference.
Braith Anasta said this at halftime and Corey Parker just said why is it an excuse?

Fair point IMO. Don't see Panthers making excuses for Yeo being out.

PhilGould

Bench
Hard to see things improving as long as we're relying on the likes of Milford, Clifford, Clune to lead the team around.

Then again, Townsend and Dearden were meant to lead the Cows to the spoon. Turns out good coaches can get the most out of even average players.

Jono078

Referee
I know I harp on about it, but look at AOB's bench use again.

Only Leo Thompson came on for Saifiti. Not going to include Mann's forced change.

Meanwhile Panthers have used 3 bench players already.

Does he not understand what the bench does? You bring players on to change the momentum. Meanwhile we have players tiring by the minute and not throwing anything new at the Panthers.

Not saying bringing Saulo or Croker would have changed the result but for f**k sake give them time, give our big boys a break so they can return physically and MENTALLY fresh in the second half.

It really really irks me.

Yosh

Coach
What's a word that is worse than rubbish? That's us.

Hope Ciraldo enjoys his day coaching at Newy today. I would love for him to be our next head coach.

Dom Young is good to watch at least.