What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 16 vs Melbourne @ Campbelltown Sports Stadium, Leumeah / Dharawal

Who will win? Round 16: Wests Tigers v Melbourne

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Melbourne Storm 1-12

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Melbourne Storm 13+

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nutz

Bench
I’m pleased to see Brent Naden back in your top 13.

Good player, good kid, no world beater but definitely one of your two best centres currently.
I agree. I've spoken to him at length and he's genuine and since starting a young family he's got his priorities in the right place.
He's an indigenous fella with a hard edge, I like it.

Nutz

Bench
I think To'a's move into ⅝ is an attempt to replicate Brooks' running game.
It will be interesting to see how our debutante links up with him and Naden or if he plays a more direct game.
I hope when he comes on he doesn't go into his shell and looks for lagging defenders.

Perth Tiger

Bench
It is rare to see the storm look so weak. Amazingly I rate our back 5 better than them. Our forward pack is better overall although their front row is slightly better while our back row is better.

but the difference in class is Hughes in the halves so it wouldn’t surprise me if he tears us apart

Nutz

Bench
Tiges look so hesitant in everything they do and someone give Junior some of that non slip spray for his hands.

Should have moved To’a back to the centres and left De Silva on. Kepaoa better off back in the forwards.

Ex Tiger Bradley gets a try, yet another young guy who never got a go at the Tigers.

Nutz

Bench
What the hell was Naden doing in that last try, just staring at it, far out...effort areas zero, nilsky! Then we win a challenge and get penalized, that will do me.

Nutz

Bench
We have a better bye record.
That wasn't a top storm side just professional and well coached.
I saw Bellamy goin off in the box when they were well in control then a few minutes later I saw Sheens in the box in what looked like a coma with dribble running down from the corner of his mouth.

Wizardman

First Grade
f**k.....we are such a shit club. In terms of pure effort areas....our worst game of the season. The weekly grind of not being able to score points has caught up with the team in the last two matches. We won't score more than 12 points a game until Api and Brooks are back.

Nutz

Bench
f**k.....we are such a shit club. In terms of pure effort areas....our worst game of the season. The weekly grind of not being able to score points has caught up with the team in the last two matches. We won't score more than 12 points a game until Api and Brooks are back.
Did you see Nado just stand there when they scored in the corner. Noffa tried to clean it up but the ball was right in front of Nado.... can't he bend at the knees or something.
I agree mate, that was a pathetic effort.
There were so many plays that they looked like kids playing, far out man, what is up with this club.
I'm putting the boots back on, use a jelly snake in front of the teeth, smear some methylsalicylate under the nose and bash some storm players, get out of my way I'm coming thru.

Blore had a go In both attack and defence.
Bateman overplayed his role and was easy pickings in attack.
Klemmer could have, should have had more minutes at start.
Paps certainly tries but when was the last time he broke the line?

Noticed the backline a couple of times, Naden on wing, Waksman inside of him then Nofa, wtf was that about?

Wizardman

First Grade
Did you see Nado just stand there when they scored in the corner. Noffa tried to clean it up but the ball was right in front of Nado.... can't he bend at the knees or something.
I agree mate, that was a pathetic effort.
There were so many plays that they looked like kids playing, far out man, what is up with this club.
I'm putting the boots back on, use a jelly snake in front of the teeth, smear some methylsalicylate under the nose and bash some storm players, get out of my way I'm coming thru.
We are feeling the effects of not being able to score points. No points = more tackling. We will cop a 50 point beating judging by the last two matches. The guys look done to me.

Nutz

Bench
We are feeling the effects of not being able to score points. No points = more tackling. We will cop a 50 point beating judging by the last two matches. The guys look done to me.
I get it mate but I'm not making excuses for these blokes anymore and the buck stop at all the coaching staff.
We had a forward nearly run the most metres in the backline in blore....same with papa on the other side.
Even Silva looked more in control with his little cameo than so called seasoned first graders.
I'm going to watch it again tomorrow and make a coaching hit list and hand deliver it to Sheens because it's obvious that they don't know how to coach (at least tonight the coach lost the plot)

Last edited:

simmo1

First Grade
Some of these position swaps are crazy. We move Papalii to the right side for no reason last week and then this week To'a is defending at 5/8 on the left, despite playing right centre all year. How do we expect combinations to develop?

Nutz

Bench
Some of these position swaps are crazy. We move Papalii to the right side for no reason last week and then this week To'a is defending at 5/8 on the left, despite playing right centre all year. How do we expect combinations to develop?
Simmo you said it all mate. Absolute rubbish from our coaching staff.
When you have injuries to key personnel ie Api, Stef, Luke...you make absolute necessary changes only and rely on what cohesive play that has already been established..you don't chop and change.
I actually for once don't blame the team. I'll call out a few for crap performances but this time I put it on the coach.
The game is relatively a simple one when you play it with confidence in the game plan. You run hard, tackle hard and be in the right position in both attack and D.
BUT even the basics is hard to do when you and your mates don't stick to the game plan.
The Storm didn't really do anything special, just played like a well coached team should play.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Good night tiger fans. We'll watch next week because we are faithful.
I'm out here, chin up lads and lasses.