What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 16 vs Melbourne @ Campbelltown Sports Stadium, Leumeah / Dharawal

Who will win? Round 16: Wests Tigers v Melbourne

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Melbourne Storm 1-12

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Melbourne Storm 13+

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2023 - Round 16
Wests Tigers v Melbourne Storm
Campbelltown Sports Stadium, Leumeah / Dharawal, Leumeah (TICKETS)
Saturday 17 June 2023

Gates open 6:15pm, NRL kickoff 7:35pm. Broadcast live on Fox League, Kayo Sports.

WST2022TEAM.png

1. Jahream Bula 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Brent Naden 4. Asu Kepaoa 5. Junior Tupou 6. Starford To'a 7. Brandon Wakeham 8. Fonua Pole 9. Jake Simpkin 10. David Klemmer 11. Isaiah Papali'i 12. Shawn Blore 13. John Bateman 14. Tallyn Da Silva 15. Tommy Talau 16. Alex Twal 17. Alex Seyfarth 18. Will Smith 19. Justin Matamua 20. Aistasi James 21. Brandon Mansfield 22. Triston Reilly

Out: Luke Brooks (halfback), Stefano Utoikamanu (front row), Apisai Koroisau (hooker)
In: Brent Naden (centre), Tallyn Da Silva (bench), Alex Seyfarth (bench)
Changes: Starford To'a (centre to five-eighth), Tommy Talau (centre to bench), Brandon Wakeham (five-eighth to halfback), John Bateman (second row to lock), Shawn Blore (lock to second row), Fonua Pole (bench to front row), Jake Simpkin (bench to hooker), Asu Kepaoa (bench to centre)

MEL2022TEAM.png

1. Nick Meaney 2. William Warbrick 3. Reimis Smith 4. Marion Seve 5. George Jennings 6. Jonah Pezet 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. Tui Kamikamica 9. Bronson Garlick 10. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 11. Trent Loiero 12. Tariq Sims 13. Josh King 14. Tyran Wishart 15. Tom Eisenhuth 16. Alec MacDonald 17. Aaron Pene 18. Justin Olam 19. Grant Anderson 20. Sualauvi Faalogo 21. Chris Lewis 22. Kane Bradley

Out: Xavier Coates (wing), Cameron Munster (five-eighth), Harry Grant (hooker), Christian Welch (front row), Eliesa Katoa (second row)
In: George Jennings (wing), Jonah Pezet (five-eighth), Bronson Garlick (hooker), Alec MacDonald (bench), Aaron Pene (bench)
Changes: Nelson Asofa-Solomona (bench to front row), Tariq Sims (bench to second row)

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: To be advised
Sideline Officials: To be advised
Video Referee: To be advised

LOWER GRADES
Western Suburbs^ v St Geo Illa at Lidcombe, Sun - NSW Cup 2pm
Newcastle v Melbourne^ at Cessnock, Sat - Flegg 11am
Wests Tigers^ - Flegg BYE

Bris Tigers^ v Sunshine Coast^ at Totally Workwear, Sun - Colts 1pm / QLD Cup 3pm​

Last edited:

Perth Tiger

Bench
I would legit consider running Bateman at 5/8. Our only strength at the moment is our forward pack so might as well load up on that.

Wakeman won’t create much and I doubt any of our reserve grade players would either so just let that crazy bastard loose and see what he comes up with.

Wizardman

First Grade
Two great players in Grant and Munster will be missing.....a definite plus for us as those two are barely human and would carve us up seven out of seven days. But, even those two will be replaced by some good players in Wishart and Pezet.
We absolutely will have problems scoring against any opposition for the rest of the season with the spine issues we have. We have not defended badly this year........Im not seeing a 50 point beating without the flowing attack of Munster/Grant. I think we'll lose by around the 18 point mark......which would be a par result for us.

Vic Mackey

Referee
We struggle to score points as it is now going to be missing our first choice 6/7/9 and power forward lol

WA Tiger

Bench
Toa at 6…a fend here a fend there.. a genuine running game and offload …Simpkin has good days at 9.. Everyone played shit last week including Wakeham so what..It’s a new day And era..Overall the team is strong enough to win by 10

Last edited:

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Wests Tigers

1. Jahream Bula 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Brent Naden 4. Asu Kepaoa 5. Junior Tupou 6. Starford To'a 7. Brandon Wakeham 8. Fonua Pole 9. Jake Simpkin 10. David Klemmer 11. Isaiah Papali'i 12. Shawn Blore 13. John Bateman 14. Tallyn Da Silva 15. Tommy Talau 16. Alex Twal 17. Alex Seyfarth 18. Will Smith 19. Justin Matamua 20. Aistasi James 21. Brandon Mansfield 22. Triston Reilly

Out: Luke Brooks (halfback), Stefano Utoikamanu (front row), Apisai Koroisau (hooker)
In: Brent Naden (centre), Tallyn Da Silva (bench), Alex Seyfarth (bench)
Changes: Starford To'a (centre to five-eighth), Tommy Talau (centre to bench), Brandon Wakeham (five-eighth to halfback), John Bateman (second row to lock), Shawn Blore (lock to second row), Fonua Pole (bench to front row), Jake Simpkin (bench to hooker), Asu Kepaoa (bench to centre)

Ron's_Mate

Bench
‘They’re both great leaders’: Bateman to captain Tigers ... Klemmer to translate
By Christian Nicolussi
June 13, 2023 — 3.55pm

Englishman John Bateman will captain the Wests Tigers for the first time this weekend - but some senior staff briefly gave thought to naming David Klemmer as a co-captain, “so he could translate”.

Bateman has made such an impression during his short time at the joint venture that he was elevated to the top job for Saturday’s clash against the Storm.

Skipper Api Koroisau is sidelined for up to two months with a broken jaw, while halfback Luke Brooks is also out of action because of a hamstring injury.

The Tigers named five co-captains at the start of last year, with three of those - Tyrone Peachey, Ken Maumalo and James Tamou - no longer at the club, while Brooks and Adam Doueihi are in the casualty ward.

Bateman is the subject of friendly ridicule from his teammates because of his thick northern English accent, but the enforcer doesn’t take a backwards step on the field and had a running battle with Titans enforcer Tino Fa’asuamaleaui last Thursday.

Tigers players praised him for his on-field presence and ability to keep them focused on the job at hand.

“You don’t realise how much of a talker he is, especially in games,” Tigers NSW Origin debutant Stefano Utoikamanu told this masthead. “He will pull us up and try to get our heads in the game, which he has done the past couple of weeks.

“He’s a very funny man. When he first arrived, we had a meeting in the team room but 90 per cent of us had no idea what he was saying. He’ll make a great captain.

“Him and Klem are both leaders, and I would have been happy to see them as co-captains. Klem leads by his actions They’re both great leaders. Klem leads by his actions. I’d pick both of them and be happy if they’re co-captains.”

Klemmer led the Tigers out against Canberra earlier this month when Koroisau started off the bench - two days after competing in Origin I - while Bateman became the acting skipper after Koroisau and Brooks departed early last week.

Brooks made it known over the weekend he would pass on the Tigers’ current three-year extension and test the market.

Several clubs quickly distanced themselves from Brooks, including the Cowboys, who were forced to shoot down talk they could be open to a swap deal with Chad Townsend.

Townsend himself set the record straight on Tuesday when he told reporters in Townsville: “My future is in North Queensland. I’m contracted here at the moment and next season, I’m very happy and my family is very settled.”

Starford To’a has been named at No. 6 for the Tigers, who host a Storm side missing Origin representatives Harry Grant, Cameron Munster and Xavier Coates, as well as the suspended Christian Welch.

In other team news, Jaeman Salmon will partner Jack Cogger in the halves for Penrith when they play against the Cowboys on Friday night. The premiers will fly north Wednesday night and return late Saturday, which is why they did not push hard to have Blues 18th man Stephen Crichton released from camp.

Nutz

Bench
I think this going to be embarrassing:(
I'm getting peeved off about Tommy playing TM. Why aren't we developing Justin Matamua with first grade experience instead of giving it to Tommy Talau who is off next year :mad: The season is over as far as finals footy goes and I don't think including Justin into the 17 is going to ruin any slim chance we have of making it.
Is it because Tommy might still be staying...is there evidence to say he's definitely going.
Please help me with this one TM.
Am I missing something here.
Post Script...Tommy was rubbish last game imo so what's the go??

Tigerm

First Grade
I'm getting peeved off about Tommy playing TM. Why aren't we developing Justin Matamua with first grade experience instead of giving it to Tommy Talau who is off next year :mad: The season is over as far as finals footy goes and I don't think including Justin into the 17 is going to ruin any slim chance we have of making it.
Is it because Tommy might still be staying...is there evidence to say he's definitely going.
Please help me with this one TM.
Am I missing something here.
Post Script...Tommy was rubbish last game imo so what's the go??
The thinking of the Sheenius can be elusive to us mere mortals.

Latest posts