What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 17 vs Sydney @ Allianz Stadium, Moore Park / Gadigal

Who will win? Round 17: Sydney v Wests Tigers

• Sydney Roosters 13+

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Sydney Roosters 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Wests Tigers 1-12

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger Ted

Bench
Our young blokes played like kids last night and got their arses handed to them by grown men professionals.
Doueihi got a pasting at centre, Stef did f**k all after talking shit all week about JWH and our attack regressed back to useless.
We are still 2 years away from finals footy.
I will b stunned if we make the finals within 2 yrs.Id like to place a bet on the next expansion team playing finals footy b4 we do.

Tiger05

First Grade
Our young blokes played like kids last night and got their arses handed to them by grown men professionals.
Doueihi got a pasting at centre, Stef did f**k all after talking shit all week about JWH and our attack regressed back to useless.
We are still 2 years away from finals footy.

I agree with your points apart from the 2 years away from finals footy. We can make the finals next year. Doueihi and Stef are not big parts of our team. They just aren't. They are both inconsistent players who every so often look awesome but those players are never going to be key players for your team.

TroyJax

Juniors
I agree with your points apart from the 2 years away from finals footy. We can make the finals next year. Doueihi and Stef are not big parts of our team. They just aren't. They are both inconsistent players who every so often look awesome but those players are never going to be key players for your team.
How do we make finals with no attack and a weak forward pack? Sure Luai will spark the odd win, but he is a fart in the wind without a mongrel pack and we dont have one.

He’s been impressive at press conferences.
Even Trent Robinson didn't think either Tigers player should have been sin binned -

To his credit. You won’t hear that from many other coaches. That’s why he’s a successful coach.

I think Api wanted to stop your roll on tbh just lifted the physicality.

Not everyone in our side was as committed.

Manu was destroying us before his injury. He was frightening.

Nutz

Bench
How do we make finals with no attack and a weak forward pack? Sure Luai will spark the odd win, but he is a fart in the wind without a mongrel pack and we dont have one.
Apart from a couple of players, our team is disintegrating into one that wouldn't make the finals of reserve grade, probably get the spoon on that comp as well.
Our roster is pathetic.
Our backline doesn't have a 'Manu' or our fwds doesn't have a 'Crichton'. All we have is a sprinkling of NRL players topped up with crap.
Like it's been since we started this rock show.
Every year we supporters are encouraged to stick it out, things will turn around.....yeh right, we've heard it over and over and....................................

Vic Mackey

Referee
Even Trent Robinson didn't think either Tigers player should have been sin binned -

i had no issue with the refereeing overall, just the sin bins, they didnt effect the result or even the scoreline, just frustrating as a fan of a side thats now had 13 sin bins

Nutz

Bench
Sezer was cruelled by roosters line speed multiplied by poor service from Api.

He did have a couple of poor defensive efforts in our 20

As for the game plan we need to stick to it, whenever any sort of scoreboard pressure is put on us we go to shit, it becomes ad-lib rubbish in the oppositions 20, we need to put trust in systems, and take calculated shots in attack, not try to score every play. All the good teams will set their plays to an area on the park and then attack with some shape, doesn’t matter what the scoreboard says, they don’t go chasing points with stupid as-lib footy unless an actual opportunity presents itself.
I agree, Api's performance and service was poor. He had no forwards putting their hands up with dominating runs, reflected by few offloads. We were sooooo flat. WHY?

I agree, Api's performance and service was poor. He had no forwards putting their hands up with dominating runs, reflected by few offloads. We were sooooo flat. WHY?
Api is allowed the odd less than stellar game.

I don’t blame him for trying something, we were being put to death out there.

It went a bit haywire as things go.

But Api is one of our best and most consistent players.

Tiger05

First Grade

It'll be interesting. Galvin and Bula to me look pretty good in a team that isn't firing. Then you have Api and Luai. Turuva & Olam are quality. Doueihi at times in attack is class. Bateman and Samuela Fainu can both create on the edges.

I'm hopeful that our attack improves significantly next year.

Nutz

Bench

Don't take too much attention to me TSP...Just like Api I'm entitled to put in a post slamming the team.
I rarely do it but laying in bed with newly pinned SI Joints (pelvis) and on painkillers, I just wanted a good performance from our squad to cheer me up.
But no, we put in a lacklustre below NRL STD performance.
Why?
Because our roster sucks.
Our pileup of halves options and no other go to players like the SOO type quality players that every other team has is soooooo annoying.
We got ourselves in a good position with our salary cap after struggling with sub STD players for years and when we were finally free we sign up a thousand halves, a prop at the end of his career as with Bateman, Sezer etc and the cycle continues.
Those players can put in good performances in a better side, not with us.
Anyway, I'm going back to sleep. Hopefully when I wake up I'll read some good news.
Something like LO is saved.

Pezz70

Juniors

I agree 100% Api is the best player on the park for us, while I cited his poor service that was in defence of Sezer, who I felt sorry for, but Api’s game could be easily justified by acknowledging that the bloke works his arse off behind a pack of forwards who don’t quite cut the mustard, he gives 110% every play and is constantly playing under fatigue. Pity a few of our forwards can’t play with the same commitment when under a bit of fatigue.

Don't take too much attention to me TSP...Just like Api I'm entitled to put in a post slamming the team.
I rarely do it but laying in bed with newly pinned SI Joints (pelvis) and on painkillers, I just wanted a good performance from our squad to cheer me up.
But no, we put in a lacklustre below NRL STD performance.
Why?
Because our roster sucks.
Our pileup of halves options and no other go to players like the SOO type quality players that every other team has is soooooo annoying.
We got ourselves in a good position with our salary cap after struggling with sub STD players for years and when we were finally free we sign up a thousand halves, a prop at the end of his career as with Bateman, Sezer etc and the cycle continues.
Those players can put in good performances in a better side, not with us.
Anyway, I'm going back to sleep. Hopefully when I wake up I'll read some good news.
Something like LO is saved.
All good.

We couldn’t do much (even after clearing some of the cap issues) because the club management was far and away the worst in NRL history. Failed on every single kpi except sending us bankrupt which was a surprise to all and sundry when the HB junta was installed.

I can only imagine how many paper shredders they broke in the very little time they had to to evacuate:

Rome wasn’t built in a day.

F3BD3653-03B6-400C-A3B0-6F888DD19FC3.jpeg

Very hard to get that Ai program to draw a proper white elephant @Nutz

I had to type in

“ biggest failed rugby league investment in NRL history”

Im for selling it off and ploughing the cash to revamp LO. Richo can build as many corporate boxes and urinals as he wants to then.

The COE has pretty much become a holiday resort at the moment.

$78m parking lot for all it’s achieved.

TroyJax

Juniors
It'll be interesting. Galvin and Bula to me look pretty good in a team that isn't firing. Then you have Api and Luai. Turuva & Olam are quality. Doueihi at times in attack is class. Bateman and Samuela Fainu can both create on the edges.

I'm hopeful that our attack improves significantly next year.
Well good luck with that.

Latest posts