What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 2 vs Newcastle @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 2: Newcastle v Wests Tigers

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WA Tiger

Bench
Talking and captaining are different…I suppose captains have to be used to handling pressure.. Maimalo isn’t a captain ..He is weak(for a captain)

The jet finally got an early ball and but for a non pass to Simpkin? Although Simpkin was well back. He should have raised his arms earlier (Here!!!) -lack of confidence?

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
Putrid. Pathetic. Heartless. Soulless. Insipid, spineless, weak, lethargic. How many more adjectives to describe the pure SHIT we witnessed today?

Every forward was being nullified in attack and had no impact. Every Knights forward bent the line with ease on their runs. Brooks was woeful. Simpkin belongs in Massey. Laurie can go cheer with his riff buds and leave. Hastings is a hog. We were flattered by Knights not being anything special (Riff do us by 50-60 with those stats today).

I hate this team. They'll make excuses and try and fob of this somehow. They'll play Warriors into form on Friday. A similar effort and they can have my membership back.
Every fan here that has followed this team for a consistent length of time feels the same way.

MasterTiger

Juniors
When the F... are any of these professional footballers who strip a West Tiger jersey going to be accountable for diabolical displays such as this demonstrated today. This is the thing......yeah coaches count. But PLAYERS are the ones out in the middle. The lack to apply any footy prowess , instinct and basic play seems to be too hard for this squad and other West Tiger squads over the last decade. Fair dinkum Im a 57 year old ex park player and I reckon I could at least show greater enterprise and creativity and football brains then these current players. These dicks are supposedly PROFFESSIONAL PLAYERS.
This is my beef....Brooks. How long now in NRL level?? Years. Yet he still is only capable of stepping off his left foot. F... me can some suggest "Hey Brooksy you know when you step off that left other teams worked that out years ago. So F.... ME its predictable. Maybe at training you could practise stepping of the right foot."
I'm not pinpointing Brookes for our abject failings, I'm just making the point our club for whatever reason is not capable of promoting and developing players skill repertoire. Melbourne are the bench mark for this....we are the cellar dwellers .

simmo05

Bench
When the F... are any of these professional footballers who strip a West Tiger jersey going to be accountable for diabolical displays such as this demonstrated today. This is the thing......yeah coaches count. But PLAYERS are the ones out in the middle. The lack to apply any footy prowess , instinct and basic play seems to be too hard for this squad and other West Tiger squads over the last decade. Fair dinkum Im a 57 year old ex park player and I reckon I could at least show greater enterprise and creativity and football brains then these current players. These dicks are supposedly PROFFESSIONAL PLAYERS.
This is my beef....Brooks. How long now in NRL level?? Years. Yet he still is only capable of stepping off his left foot. F... me can some suggest "Hey Brooksy you know when you step off that left other teams worked that out years ago. So F.... ME its predictable. Maybe at training you could practise stepping of the right foot."
I'm not pinpointing Brookes for our abject failings, I'm just making the point our club for whatever reason is not capable of promoting and developing players skill repertoire. Melbourne are the bench mark for this....we are the cellar dwellers .
Why we didn't f**k off that dwarf looking merkin last year is perplexing.

Wizardman

First Grade
Good call.
Im beyond pissed off with myself for allowing optimistic thoughts into my head. I know they f**ken suck donkey scrote, they are talentless pea hearts.

Of course we got flogged by a depleted team. We have the worst top 30 in the league and some of the most overrated players in first grade. What is going to happen when we play a full strength team?

Two weeks in a row I’ve tipped these blokes. Shan’t be happening again this year.
I did not tip them the first two weeks and very likely will not be tipping them all year. There are very rare times to tip the Tigers in any year.
NEVER tip them when
(a) They are favourites
(b) They had a good performance the week before.

Someone2

Juniors
Yeah with ponga, Saf,Klemmer and Brailey their 4 best players out anything but a huge tigers win will be embarrassing ( cursing it’s gonna cost me a couple of Multis)

but knowing the Pies I’m gonna be laughing my a** off when they some how lose
Rhyno likes this post

Wizardman

First Grade
I know it's a hot field, but Peachey and Gildart could be our worst signings yet.
Gildart was decent at Wigan without being a star. He has had a very poor first two games here. The Peach looked great in the trial against Manly, not fired a shot since.

Someone2

Juniors
I know it's a hot field, but Peachey and Gildart could be our worst signings yet.
Both were talked up as saviours in the off season

I couldn’t believe the hype especially around peachey

people say drop brooks but imagine Hastings and douehi ( most over-rated player at the tigpies ) in the halves that would be close to the worst combination in nrl history

Das Hassler

Bench

Peachey showed all i needed to see about where we're at...after coming back on having left us a man short...at 26-0 down he puts a token kick over their deadball line after the play was called back for a fumble but was still happy enough with life to clown around and make a funny face for the in goal camera.. really fkn disappointing.

The Rosco

Bench
Both were talked up as saviours in the off season

I couldn’t believe the hype especially around peachey

people say drop brooks but imagine Hastings and douehi ( most over-rated player at the tigpies ) in the halves that would be close to the worst combination in nrl history
rhyno . . . honestly . . . f**k off.
Just f**k off.
The Parra forum hates you and doesn't want you and your moronic opinions seen as representing them.
We sure as hell don't want you here.
Fans of every team laugh at you.
35 years of failure and counting. Pathetic.
Bye.

Wizardman

First Grade
Peachey showed all i needed to see about where we're at...after coming back on having left us a man short...at 26-0 down he puts a token kick over their deadball line after the play was called back for a fumble but was still happy enough with life to clown around and make a funny face for the in goal camera.. really fkn disappointing.
I did notice that. He should get dropped for that alone. This bloke is one of our "captains"....lol. Our captains have pretty much been our worst players in the first two games (except for Maumalo against Melb).

Someone2

Juniors
rhyno . . . honestly . . . f**k off.
Just f**k off.
The Parra forum hates you and doesn't want you and your moronic opinions seen as representing them.
We sure as hell don't want you here.
Fans of every team laugh at you.
35 years of failure and counting. Pathetic.
Bye.
(crying laughing emoji X10) hahaha someone needs a diaper change

I hardly post in eels forum and they have no feelings either way about me I’m just a normal poster there ( 2 trolls Bazal and Hineyrule have little digs but its just banter not hate )
did u lose a $2 multi u seem angry tonight mate? 12 years and counting no finals footy

take my advice sack Madge and put Cayless in charge before Melbourne snap him up to replace Bellamy

Last edited:

Someone2

Juniors
Not as much as we liked parra losing.
Sharks weren’t missing their 5 best players with 2 nobody’s in the halves

edit: also to your other post I’m glad if other fans laugh at me I don’t take myself to serious and consider myself a pretty funny guy

How Long before Sheens takes over as interim Coach? - I heard Maguire needed 4 wins in the first 8 game to keep his job - 0-2 not a good start

Wizardman

First Grade
My guess at the start of the season was that he'd be gone between rounds 8-12 or last the year. My rounds 8-12 prediction is looking pretty good....may even go round 6. If they continue to perform like they did against Newie, he'll be gone sooner than eight weeks.