What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 20 vs Brisbane @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 20: Newcastle v Brisbane

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Brisbane Broncos 1-12

• Brisbane Broncos 13+

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Woody90

Juniors
I need some help lads. Some advice. How do you guys mentally deal with being a Knights fan? You guys must have some real solid mental fortitude. I feel like I'm breaking mentally.

Alcohol helps.

In all seriousness, find other hobbies that you love outside of footy. It still sucks when they play but I find I get over the losses pretty fast.

I'm not watching another game this season or until significant changes occur. The team is predictable, leaderless and embarrassing. There's no joy in watching when things are this bad and the club seemingly can't see it.

Spoon years were easier than this. At least the club had genuine excuses. Now, the roster is a mess, the coach is a dud, the cap is screwed and there's no quality halves available. Utter dog sh*t.

Knight Tales

Bench
I'm not watching another game this season or until significant changes occur. The team is predictable, leaderless and embarrassing. There's no joy in watching when things are this bad and the club seemingly can't see it.

Spoon years were easier than this. At least the club had genuine excuses. Now, the roster is a mess, the coach is a dud, the cap is screwed and there's no quality halves available. Utter dog sh*t.
You know that is BS.

Woody90

Juniors
I don’t drink. I have tried a usually pretty nice Mrs, a couple kids, a couple dogs, 4 classic cars…. Still a grumpy prick. Need to drink maybe

My alcohol comment was mostly tongue in cheek. It’s definitely not how I’d recommend dealing with it haha. I’ve found since I’ve developed more interests outside of footy I get over the losses a lot faster now…or maybe I’m just numb from being so used to it haha.

My Wife’s also gradually realised it’s very tough being a Knights fan and is always very helpful after a loss now rather than the “why are the Knights so shit” comments she used to make haha.

Yosh

Coach
KPP is a right sided player. He needs to go to the right. That left handed fend before. Play him on the right. Let him use that left arm fend and also offload freely with his right arm.

macavity

Referee
My alcohol comment was mostly tongue in cheek. It’s definitely not how I’d recommend dealing with it haha. I’ve found since I’ve developed more interests outside of footy I get over the losses a lot faster now…or maybe I’m just numb from being so used to it haha.

My Wife’s also gradually realised it’s very tough being a Knights fan and is always very helpful after a loss now rather than the “why are the Knights so shit” comments she used to make haha.

my wife grew up a supporter has disassociated a bit as it just pisses her off how shit we are.

Still when the worst thing in life is your shit footy team life isn’t too bad.