What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 20 vs Brisbane @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 20: Newcastle v Brisbane

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Brisbane Broncos 1-12

• Brisbane Broncos 13+

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rod

Bench
It's amazing how much flows from our horrendous attack and gameplan.

People will look at 18-0 and think our defence sucks. I actually think our defence is pretty good. I would even say it's a top 6-8 defence. But you need to give it a chance and one of the main parts of defence is attack, and we have 0.

Which is insane when you consider we scored the most tries in the comp last year.

Knight Tales

Bench
To think there are people who think signing Madge Maguire is a bad idea. I would be lining him up for 2026 NOW! O’Brien has nothing more to offer. It is just a joke now.

perverse

Referee
It's amazing how much flows from our horrendous attack and gameplan.

People will look at 18-0 and think our defence sucks. I actually think our defence is pretty good. I would even say it's a top 6-8 defence. But you need to give it a chance and one of the main parts of defence is attack, and we have 0.

Which is insane when you consider we scored the most tries in the comp last year.
Yes, our attack is so bad it puts unnecessary additional pressure on our defence. No doubt about it. It's insane to me that these blokes train together as a professional job. I dunno what they do all year.

Jono078

Referee
18-0 isn't exactly horrible but if you watched that half, there was not much good about it.

I think it was one of our most disgusting tbh.

Worst part is we all saw it coming. We all hoped and wished to be proved wrong, but as we all said, we'd put in a performance to get the Broncos back in form. That's EXACTLY what's going down.

Apey

Staff member
To be honest his massive salary is one of the reasons we’re in cap problems. Love the bloke but we’ve also been very good to him considering how little he gets on the field.
Nah.

Allegedly Clearys on 1.1M, Ponga 1.4M. That 300k isn't turning us into premiership contender with Ponga out like Panthers still are without Cleary. We're paying a dozen plodders too much before Ponga is an issue.

Haffa

Can’t wait to watch us play exactly the same way in the second half. He won’t acknowledge the game plan isn’t working.
Something needs to change. It might as well be him. Who knows we may attract a decent half or two.