What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 21 vs Melbourne @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 21: Newcastle v Melbourne

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Melbourne Storm 1-12

• Melbourne Storm 13+

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zoidberg

First Grade
- So happy with the performance and the win. That’s our new standard. Need to play like that (or better) in all our games.
- Can’t believe Storm got more set restarts than we did. All night they were so slow to get off us.
- A few sets we had in the attacking zone in the last 15 when we were only up by 6, and KP didn’t touch the ball. I get that you have to change it up but use your strengths.

Nuke

Staff member
I just wanna say, before I go through 16 pages of posts about this game thus far:

Suck a big, fat one, Melbourne.

It's always a good day when Newcastle wins and Melbourne loses. And when it's Newcastle who causes Melbourne to lose, it's just that much better. 2nd only to Newcastle beating Brisbane.

mozza91

Coach
God damn that was erotic!
Plenty of great performances tonight. That’s the best 80 minutes we’ve put together in years.

Special mention to Crossland he’s improving each week and was close to our best tonight. Fitzy deserves a wrap too he was enormous.

Also Hethrington gets daps aswell. Didn’t even slap anyone and there’s a heap of pricks in that Melbourne side who deserve a slap.

Last edited:

Nuke

Staff member
Having now read all 16 pages, based on the comments, I am very happy that I missed the first 15mins of the game.
I turned it on, and within 30secs, Dom scored and the game was -mostly- flowing our direction.

A good all-round performance today. I am absolutely stoked.
Up the Knights!

I can't wait to be cheering them on in person in 2 weeks here in Perth. I was a tad concerned for a lot of the season that it would just be a disappointing day that day.

Haffa

Having now read all 16 pages, based on the comments, I am very happy that I missed the first 15mins of the game.
I turned it on, and within 30secs, Dom scored and the game was -mostly- flowing our direction.

A good all-round performance today. I am absolutely stoked.
Up the Knights!

I can't wait to be cheering them on in person in 2 weeks here in Perth. I was a tad concerned for a lot of the season that it would just be a disappointing day that day.
The first 10 minutes were dreadful. It looked like they were going to get flogged by 50+

Woody90

Juniors
The first 10 minutes were dreadful. It looked like they were going to get flogged by 50+

Regardless of where we finish this year, there’s no doubt we are improving. Last season we definitely would have lost that by 50+ after being deadset asleep for the first 10 minutes.

Nuke

Staff member
That's what I was referring to. The comments here from those first 10mins were painting a very dire picture. How quick we are to judge the attitude / coach / everything when the game doesn't go right. I'll put my hand up too. Plenty of times I'm doing this too, and no doubt, I'd've been doing the same today had I seen the opening minutes as evefyone else did.

Nuke

Staff member
I just had a peek at the ladder too. Most amazing thing, compared to goodness-knows how many previous years, is the +/- column. We're on +50.

'+' anything is amazing for us. Okay, that 66-nil win over Canterbury did the trick for us, but I'msure in recent years we're -90 or more by now.

Old dog

Bench
Watched it late, taped, was very down hearted ar down 12-0 early then we fought back. slowly back in it, DSaf injured but not a loss, Thompson amd JSaf . Hetherington, Hethereringtondid well and Croker killed them. gamble had a little mixed game but was his best, hard to find a not so good when all were good. Our back five were very good, our halves were good, bit disappointed in Elliott, seems to make some bad choices when to run and pass