What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 25 vs Dolphins @ CommBank Stadium, Parramatta / Burramattagal

Who will win? Round 25: Wests Tigers v Dolphins

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dolphins 1-12

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Dolphins 13+

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
API showing better 7 awareness than we’ve had all season.
He's gone well so far. We've looked much more dangerous. Not sure if that's on him or a depleted Dolphins team. Probably a bit of both. The Dolphins best player is Cummins. Almost obstructed our 1st try, and missed a blatant forward pass in the lead up one of theirs. There's more but they're the greatest hits so far.

WA Tiger

Bench
Your either a coach or your not…It doesn’t matter how long you are an apprentice... Benji may be no good, as some predict, although I think the negative narrative around, is a knee jerk reaction… Unlike the other two , He’s fixed the halves problem, without much effort and in no time. The other 2 did ignore opportunities, to dive out into a Brooks Free world.. There’s only been one other successful Pisces coach. Robinson. Their usually too soft or too angry..Benji being a stubborn chinese “ox” could be both.
Just like Robinson, Benji will talk to his players. Apparently Benji now has the players attention and respect... If he f**ks it up, at least then he knows.
Fk what am I thinking. The only other Pisces coach, who is also a winner - Cleary.. Ditto

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
But he's not t
He's also a winner. 100% record. Winners are grinners.
But he's not the coach?? Sheens has the spoon.
I turned it off at half time when I knew it was either a close game or a loss....I couldn't deal with the stress.
Once I knew we had won I watched the replay and wow, how good was it. I thought Pole had his best game and really took it to the big forwards.
I said it before...noone needs to tell Api how to play. For God's sake don't let Laurie go!
The best part was at full time when on Foxtel, the cameras zoomed in on a dad that was tossing his kids up in the air whose faces were painted with the tiger and all three were yelling in extreme excitement and having a ball.....a really family bonding occasion.
That's what it's all about.
I remember as a very young teen catching a train from Chatswood, a bus from the city, then a huge walk along with an ever growing snail trail of crazy tiger supporters.
Once walking thru the pearly gates of LO I'd join my junior mates on the hill.
We played footy whilst dodging family's rugs on the grass (trying to reserve their turf - good luck) and men with their beers.
We would wait in anticipation for Laurie Nichols to walk around the ground shadow boxing and yelling out "Tigers, Tigers, Tigggaaaarrrrs"
All us kids would race over and jump all over Laurie.
Then we would watch all three grades.
An all day affair.
At full time us kids would invade the ground trying firstly to snatch one of the barber shop corner posts then race over to our heroes and pat them on the back. They stopped us doing that after a while.
When I got back home I was exhausted and win lose or draw it left me ready for another week of school at Crows Nest Boys High.
That's what it's all about.
Memories.

Nutz

Bench
We certainly didn't have trouble getting out of our red zone. We could have cut across the grain a couple of times to engage the edges then spin it. A few times we were too predictable but having said that, it was an improvement especially in offloading and staying alive. Never drop off in D or offence.... that's what the best teams do.

Nutz

Bench
Reilly looked good, strong in defence and ran good lines. I’d say by the way he favoured carrying the ball in his left hand he would prefer left centre, would like to see him there and Star back at right.
I think it's worth giving him a go with To'a.
It's not so much connecting with each other, it's more how they work with the first reciever and fullback.

Vic Mackey

Referee
How did Tristan Reilly go, I missed the second half?
Others have summed him up. Defence was good, saved a certain try with a great one on one tackle. Made a line break and a couple of half ones. Had a few chances to put Nofa away but last passes went astray, All were quiet tough though.
Reilly looked good, strong in defence and ran good lines. I’d say by the way he favoured carrying the ball in his left hand he would prefer left centre, would like to see him there and Star back at right.

He’s played left center for 90% of the year in nsw cup. Next week I’d try him there with Toa hopefully back on the right