What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 25 vs Sharks @ Leichhardt Oval

Who will win? Round 25: Wests Tigers v Sharks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The unknown

Juniors
A fit Farah makes the team but only if he’s 100%. Even at 80/90% it would be detrimental. Robbies biggest asset is his short kicking game. Surely a broken foot restricts that?

We’ve got to be better off leaving him out. Then if we make the finals hopefully he's 100%

But if we beat a tough opposition like the sharks with Reynolds and Marshall sharing the #9 role, that means we've also won 3 in a row without Farah. Should we really ruin our teams momentum for Farah, even if he is 100%??

Coz if we get past the Sharks there is no reason why we couldn't get past whoever our week 1 opponents are

Robbie gets injured and we a man down in a clash against a very physical side who will look to wear us out.

The Robbie business is all snake oil. Morris will see right through it.

WA Tiger

Bench
I wouldn’t expect a big game in attack from Brooks this week he is gonna have his hands full in defence it will be up to Benji
When isn’t it up to Benji...All I’m hearing is Coach this Coach that...Take Benji out we get 1/4 of the tries we are getting and we are miles from where we are ....If we get in the 8 then I’ll give Madge the big thumbs up for what he as done (including overcoming some silly errors of judgement in selection) that’s just how it works ..regardless. He does deserve credit after all he is the coach and obviously can handle egos in the team and gives a lot of freedom to his star players to do what they think is best on the field and to take control as they see fit which takes strength and a lack of ego in itself which we maybe have lacked in our past coaches but is necessary for real success....credit to Madge for keeping everything together with no dramas and getting the players to play to their potential and to be finally be playing on Benjis time zone ....But Benji is currently the equivalent of Micheal Jordon just before he retired ..having to adapt his game to getting older but still scoring those match winning goals ..he has hit a consistent rich vein of form I have not seen for a very long time and been injury free for the same unusually long period..He does what he does with such ease it’s easy to take him for granted...Fact is if he goes down we are fked ...So enjoy this boy while he’s still playing...he could go down at any time ..He is one of those very very rare players that has no peer in what he is doing ..creating tries

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
I’d like to see a Farrah play because that will only make Benji play better if that’s possible and Farrah can like Benji pull tries out of his behind against any team under any circumstances ..Even if he only stays on for the first half that may be all we need...But Reynolds must also be there ..Because Benji is the one from the Sharks point of view that is standing between them and victory and therefore needs to be eliminated ...and if that happens we will need Reynolds there...Anyone saying please no Reynolds in the team is being irresponsible

Last edited:

rex2ce

Juniors
I’d like to see a Farrah play because that will only make Benji play better if that’s possible and Farrah can like Benji pull tries out of his behind against any team under any circumstances ..Even if he only stays on for the first half that may be all we need...But Reynolds must also be there ..Because Benji is the one from the Sharks point of view that is standing between them and victory and therefore needs to be eliminated ...and if that happens we will need Reynolds there...Anyone saying please no Reynolds in the team is being irresponsible
Why change a team that has racked up 40+ points two weeks in a row and conceded little, sentimentality has no part in picking players who won’t be 100% fit, save them for the first semi next week

WA Tiger

Bench
I guess we will only know the answer to that by about half time..but I just don’t think the boys are going to recognise what they are faced with in that first 20 minutes...Gallen is going to be super human in play and inspiration for his team...and a few more of them than us have played in that white hot pressure environment before ...and that’s something no amount of training or motivation or team talk can prepare them for..and the sharks know how it feels to be robbed and they are going to go all out to make amends for last week...I worry we don’t have the big guns to topple them as is ...our last two games are like a bully picking on easy prey getting a false sense of power and then getting walloped by a real team..I admit we have played great but I just think this will be a bit different..

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
I’m better with Mbye then I am Farah. I’d imagine that gets rid of Jennings which can only be a good thing

A fit Farah makes the team but only if he’s 100%. Even at 80/90% it would be detrimental. Robbies biggest asset is his short kicking game. Surely a broken foot restricts that?

We’ve got to be better off leaving him out. Then if we make the finals hopefully he’s 100%

The only place I’d have Mbye in that team is fullback. He cannot play centre, his defence is not up to it. Whichever side of the field you put him on he will get shown up, worse than Takairangi showed him up. So that puts little Thommo on the wing in place of Jennings. I say leave the winning formula unchanged, playing Mbye surrenders a finals position to the Sharks.

Pezz70

Juniors
Just looking at the sides as named this shapes up to be an absolute corker of a game. I think if we can get through that 10 minutes each side of half time without being scored against we will get the choccies. That 20 minute period has been terrible for us in a couple of games. Has absolutely broken us when we had done enough to be in the battle in the first 30 against a couple of sides, Manly, Parra in the second match, just two off the top of my head

WA Tiger

Bench
There’s no way in the world Madge is going to knock the arse out of Thommo’s confidence by taking him from fullback for such a crucial game after that dropped catch....I say Madge hasn’t got my tick untill we wins this game but I also know he’s too clever a coach to make that mistake ...Mbyes fine at centre ...

Trollhammaren

Juniors
The Wests Tigers have been dealt a huge blow leading into the club’s biggest game in almost a decade, with skipper Moses Mbye ruled out for Sunday’s blockbuster against Cronulla.

NRL.com understands Mbye has been scratched for the do-or-die fixture against the Sharks, struggling to get through the week of training as he aims to return from a hip injury.

The Tigers are yet to officially rule Mbye out of the game.

The Queensland State of Origin representative has been racing the clock to play, however failed to prove himself at a closed session at Leichhardt Oval on Thursday.

Oh no! Heaven forbid!

Pezz70

Juniors
There’s no way in the world Madge is going to knock the arse out of Thommo’s confidence by taking him from fullback for such a crucial game after that dropped catch....I say Madge hasn’t got my tick untill we wins this game but I also know he’s too clever a coach to make that mistake ...Mbyes fine at centre ...

Mbye is crap at centre and he will get caught out in defence. I predict his opposite number will score at least two tries if he plays in that position.

WA Tiger

Bench
Mbye is crap at centre and he will get caught out in defence. I predict his opposite number will score at least two tries if he plays in that position.
Your on ..ok he’s scratched so u got your wish ...Momo at centre with kicking duties ...I’ll just sit happily with what I’ve said...just check that source please,,,Mbye prob couldnt have kicked anyway...so
If Momo misses that last minute kick are u going to call me sir? Let’s not consider that ey

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
Your on ..
You haven’t seen Morris or Xerri ??? Way classier than poor old Moses, bigger faster, stronger and more skilful

Morris 21 games 13 tries 4 try assists 91% success rate tackles

Xerri 20 games, 12 tries 7 try assists 88% tackle success

Mbye 17 games 1 try, 4 try assist 87% tackle success rate

Mbye = outclassed

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
It’s a tricky injury Mbye has and I believe he has been carrying at least a minor strain of the same muscle since May has had all sorts of treatment for it that hasn’t worked. It went real bad in that last game he played. I’d be surprised if he saw a successful comeback this year, even if we make the eight.

Tiger05

First Grade
The only place I’d have Mbye in that team is fullback. He cannot play centre, his defence is not up to it. Whichever side of the field you put him on he will get shown up, worse than Takairangi showed him up. So that puts little Thommo on the wing in place of Jennings. I say leave the winning formula unchanged, playing Mbye surrenders a finals position to the Sharks.

Mbye was defending great at centre. I would though consider playing Mbye at 1 and Thompson on the wing as well.

Tiger05

First Grade
You haven’t seen Morris or Xerri ??? Way classier than poor old Moses, bigger faster, stronger and more skilful

Morris 21 games 13 tries 4 try assists 91% success rate tackles

Xerri 20 games, 12 tries 7 try assists 88% tackle success

Mbye 17 games 1 try, 4 try assist 87% tackle success rate

Mbye = outclassed

I'm not sure about this. Mbye isn't a bad player and he looked good at centre. Xerri looks great but he is a rookie. Morris has been great but he is getting on.

I'd have no problems with Mbye at centre. If anything I think he may be a safer option that Momo or Marsters.