What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 27 vs Dolphins @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 27: Newcastle v Dolphins

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Dolphins 1-12

• Dolphins 13+

Results are only viewable after voting.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2024 - Round 27
Newcastle Knights v Dolphins
McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal (TICKETS)

Sunday 8 September 2024
NRL kickoff 4:05pm

Broadcast live on Nine, 9Now, Fox, Kayo

NEWCASTLE2024.png

To be announced

DOLPHINS2024.png

To be announced

REF2024-BLACKWHITE.png

Referee: To be advised
Sideline Officials: To be advised
Video Referee: To be advised

HEAD TO HEAD - 2023 - 2024​

TOTALNEWCASTLEDOLPHINSDRAWN
ALL MATCHES3210
MCD. JONES1010

LAST THREE MEETINGS​

YEARROUNDRESULTVENUECROWD
2023Round 3DOLPHINS 36-20McD. Jones20093
2023Round 23NEWCASTLE 30-28Optus Stadium45814
2024Round 8NEWCASTLE 18-14Suncorp18033

BIGGEST WINS​

YEARROUNDRESULTVENUECROWD
2023Round 3DOLPHINS 36-20McD. Jones20093
2024Round 8NEWCASTLE 18-14Suncorp18033

FINALS?​

NEWCASTLE - win and in, winner takes 8th. However, a draw will see the winner of Dragons-Raiders take 8th.
DOLPHINS - win and in, winner takes 8th. However, a draw will see the winner of Dragons-Raiders take 8th.

LAST THREE MATCHES​

Round 24 Round 25 Round 26
NEWCASTLECRONULLAL 18-19SOUTH SYDNEYW 36-16GOLD COASTW 36-14
DOLPHINSCANTERBURYL 10-30MELBOURNEL 6-48BRISBANEW 40-6

STATE OF PLAY: 2024 SEASON​

POSITIONPLAYEDBYESW-L-DFORAGAINST
NEWCASTLE9th23311-12-0456504
DOLPHINS8th23311-12-0571564

Last edited:

Scootsie

Juniors
It’s an elimination final come early.
With the home ground advantage and experienced players back in the side, it really is the Knights’ game to lose here.
Dolphins will be riding high on Bennett and making history, but hopefully the Knights will rediscover that defensive mettle they showed glimpses of earlier in the year.

Frederick

Staff member
Kind of amazing after such a weird year that we have a 'win and in' scenario in the final round.

Crowd should be rocking and will make a difference.
I expect a similar atmosphere to the raiders final last year

Apey

Staff member
Haters gunna hate, but I reckon we get done comfortably here. Crossdog and the Cogmeister might be enough for garbage teams like Souths and Titans but not for a team competing for 8th with one of the best coaches in the game.

Our wins this year:
Storm, Dragons, Dolphins (RD8), Warriors, Tigers, Titans, Eels, Canberra, Tigers, Souths, Titans

Our big hope is their last game was their Grand Final.

Hope I'm wrong.

mozza91

Coach
I was more worried about yesterday to be honest. Titans are a team that can pull a great attacking performance out of their arse.
The Broncs were horrible on Saturday. The Titans performance yesterday was much better than that shitshow.

We’ll win and win pretty well. Big home crowd and old boys day are a big factor. Not expecting to get any 50/50 calls due to the ‘Bennett factor’ but we need to be better than that to get the win.

Us by 14 with KP putting on a clinic. Best looked a little lame yesterday hopefully he’s better for the run because he’s got a huge job marking Herbie.

Scootsie

Juniors
I was more worried about yesterday to be honest. Titans are a team that can pull a great attacking performance out of their arse.
The Broncs were horrible on Saturday. The Titans performance yesterday was much better than that shitshow.

We’ll win and win pretty well. Big home crowd and old boys day are a big factor. Not expecting to get any 50/50 calls due to the ‘Bennett factor’ but we need to be better than that to get the win.

Us by 14 with KP putting on a clinic. Best looked a little lame yesterday hopefully he’s better for the run because he’s got a huge job marking Herbie.
Yes, Herbie has had a good season. A good buy for the Dolphins.

Woody90

Juniors
Dolphins defend the same way we do: sit back and slide. A lot’s been said about Ponga but main thing we need are the forwards to be hitting some short passes through the middle if we’re any chance IMO.

Rod

Bench
Kind of amazing after such a weird year that we have a 'win and in' scenario in the final round.
I just looked it up and if we do happen to pull the win out, the last time we were in the 8 was Round 12 lol. That can't have happened too many times.

Woody90

Juniors
I just looked it up and if we do happen to pull the win out, the last time we were in the 8 was Round 12 lol. That can't have happened too many times.

I’m amazed we’ve been in the 8 at all this year tbh lol

Rod

Bench
I’m amazed we’ve been in the 8 at all this year tbh lol
That thought had briefly crossed my mind also, but we had just won 4 in a row after Ponga got injured and were 6-5.

But yeah we've only been in the 8 for 2 rounds this year, 11 and 12.

Rod

Bench
Our wins this year:
Storm, Dragons, Dolphins (RD8), Warriors, Tigers, Titans, Eels, Canberra, Tigers, Souths, Titans
So basically everyone that's going to finish below us except the Broncos - maybe we deserve to make it after all!

Latest posts