What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Prior (Spoiler)

How many weeks will Prior get?

• 5 weeks

Votes: 20 14.9%
  • 6 weeks

Votes: 26 19.4%
  • 7 weeks

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • 8 weeks

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • 9 weeks

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • 10 weeks

Votes: 18 13.4%
  • 11 weeks

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 12 weeks

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • 12+ weeks

Votes: 19 14.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red Bear

Referee
Lol right, because your opinion is always correct isn't it. No one's keeping you here...
Im sure im mostly wrong in a variety of situations, but I do know that compared to people who think that no punishment is warrented for a shoulder charge to the chin I am correct.

The amount of trauma caused by these hits, not only in the immediate aftermath but several years later (as they are discovering in the NFL also) is immense and rugby league fans should be more concerned with the welfare of the players than the f**king big hits.

So yes, I think it is hypocritical for people to be concerned over the potential injury for Thurston here (high because of an illegal tackle) and laud the plays of Teo and the like (which, when contacting the head, are completely illegal) is hypocritical in the extreme, considering the damage the respective actions can cause (i'd hazard a guess there'd be worse impact of shoulder to the face than elbow to the jaw, but it's probably much of a muchness).

DaSuperHero2

"Moderator"
what about the shot from tahu about 10 years ago ?
anypne remember it lol ?

Also on Prior , I believe 6 weeks is enough based on precedent and NRL rules.

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
scaled.gif

:lol: never gets old... greatest GIF on the interwebz

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Prior deserves a holiday....no problem.
Thurston is still a cunova human being and not too many shedding any tears on his academy award winning dive.
What a skirt....

Pierced Soul

First Grade
I think he'll get about 6 weeks. I think it was deliberate elbow to the head but given the judiciary is mostly f**ked on serious offences he wont get that much.

cant believe people are suggesting thruston dived after being clearly elbowed in the head :crazy:

firechild

First Grade
Hopoate got 17 weeks for what was judged to be a deliberate elbow to the head. Prior's was not as spectacular but you would think 8-10 weeks would be about right.

Bretto

Bench
You blokes banging on about Thurston being a skirt have obviously never been elbowed in the face before. If you haven't, let me give you the tip: Go down to your local MMA gym and ask for a sparring session against one of their middleweights (84kgs) and tell him to not hold back and use elbows. It's one of the hardest bones in the body behind certain skull bones and your femur.

Red Bear: For the record, at first glimpse I didn't think the Teo shot was bad. But after a replay or two, contact with the head was made, so it deserved a few weeks. I think he got lucky with 2 weeks. Same with the Pritchard one. Head contact was made, deserved a couple weeks.

The fact remains that Matt Prior deliberately and intentionally aimed his elbow in a malicious manner for the head of an opposition player and connected violently. At no stage did he look to make a legitimate tackle, or even a shoulder charge. He only had eyes for the players head, and his elbow was cocked as to inflict maximum damage with his elbow. For this reason, he should get 8-10 weeks, IMO.

I understand you think contact with the head is all the same, but this was deliberate, intentional and looked very, very bad. Had it not been for the headgear, Thurston most likely would have a broken jaw and be facing 6+ weeks on the sideline.

Big Pete

Referee
Im sure im mostly wrong in a variety of situations, but I do know that compared to people who think that no punishment is warrented for a shoulder charge to the chin I am correct.

The amount of trauma caused by these hits, not only in the immediate aftermath but several years later (as they are discovering in the NFL also) is immense and rugby league fans should be more concerned with the welfare of the players than the f**king big hits.

So yes, I think it is hypocritical for people to be concerned over the potential injury for Thurston here (high because of an illegal tackle) and laud the plays of Teo and the like (which, when contacting the head, are completely illegal) is hypocritical in the extreme, considering the damage the respective actions can cause (i'd hazard a guess there'd be worse impact of shoulder to the face than elbow to the jaw, but it's probably much of a muchness).

But none of this has any real relevance with what occurred on Friday.

I don't think your posts achieved anything more than trying to take another pot-shot at the Broncos.

_Johnsy

Referee
Strangely enough this thread has been carried by one or two troll dragon fans and several people with their frilly knickers in a massive knot (badly disguised dragon hate).

Fact being he deserves a decent suspension, and will get it. Cannot see the issue, even a massive majority of dragon fans agree with the bolded.

But we'll have a few of the usual suspects carrying on like a 10 year old drama queens to ensure they have their monthly whingeathon.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Why are people are talking about a suspension?

I thought this thread would be a discussion on how any carats Priors gold medal would be.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I can't even imagine Prior getting angry enough to hit JT with an elbow. He's got that dopey "where the f*ck am I?" look on his face 24/7

God-King Dean

Immortal
Prior to the incident Thurston was making some prior puns. I seen Prior death staring him. Prior to the Prior incident of course. But in Priors defence, he made it a priority to go into the Cowboys dressing shed & apoligise to Thurston. Prior to this game Prior hasn't shown any grubbiness whatsoever, so perhaps the judicary will see he has no prior offences & take it easy on him. But player safety is a priority so there's no way out of a suspension.

blaza88z

Coach
imagine if he wasn't wearing the headgear and has his jaw broken this close to Origin, now THAT would be a story!

Shorty

Staff member
I really wish it was someone like Beau Scott or a douche that is hated and would enjoy hating more because of the shot.
He'll get like 8-10 weeks.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I don't imagine Dragons fans will give much of a rat's about this.

Kinda like the days when every time Grant Rovelli hit someone reasonably high I'd call for a 10-week suspension.

Canard

Immortal
Kinda like the days when every time Grant Rovelli hit someone reasonably high I'd call for a 10-week suspension.

I call Bullshit on this one.

When did Grant Rovelli ever tackle anyone at NRL level (or any level for that matter)..............

Mr Saab

Referee
Teo was charged with a 4 weeker for his "shoulder charge" on Groat....yes he hit him in the head and under the rules he deserved a suspension.
Priors was twice as bad a teo and he deserves to be charged with 8 weeks.

Latest posts