What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne must still be cheating the cap

Lambretta

First Grade
Melbourne won't win the comp - cheaters never prosper!!

Wests will say that's not the case when looking at St Georges 11 comps in a row.

I know they're allegations unproven, but Wests manager at the time maintains the refs were bought and they were told as much by people involved inside the game but could never prove it.

Plus 20 generations of soccer players proves otherwise.
Oh ref, I've been maimed *roll, roll, roll* - oh free kick thanks, I'll take that. GOAL!

Lambretta

First Grade
Cocaine's a hell of a drug

Good luck trying to find anything in Australia that even closely resembles cocaine.

f**k me. These morons in the City pay $300 for a gram of something that might possibly contain as much as 0.01 grams of cocaine. The rest is numbing agents and glucose powder.

More fools them. If they've got that much cash to waste on pointless shit to the benefit of criminals, good luck to them.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Cocaine is a hell of a drug

Uh, it's a Dave Chappelle reference.

There is alot of sense being made on both sides of the argument. I stopped caring late last year TBH. We were cheating, got caught and punished. No matter what the NRL could have done, whether it be letting us continue with the side on paycuts, a complete dismantling as has been suggested, or something in between, the rippling effects of the whole incident would have been felt throughout the competition as it is now. I get why people are pissed, and i was in the same boat, knowing that nothing that could be done could to properly rectify the situation.

The minor premiership race will be decided in rounds 24-25. Storm v Dragons then Manly v Storm, all three full strength? Yes please. Can we win? Maybe, but i'm not convinced. But it is sure to entertaining none the less.

POPEYE

Coach
Don't hear many players getting hysterical about the Storm's misdemeanor. Could have something to do with the resultant salary cap rise which the top echelon players in the game deserved in the first place.

stormbati

Bench
Remember last year when Dragons were flying and got taken to school by a Strom side missing Blair, White, Manu and Hoffman?
Im confident we can beat the Dragons.

InThatNumber

Juniors
Remember last year when Dragons were flying and got taken to school by a Strom side missing Blair, White, Manu and Hoffman?
I do. Schooled us good that day. I also remember the match in 2009 at Kogarah where Saints schooled the Storm in the second half comeback and that was when Melbourne had the big 4. Bring on the 2011 match.

carcharias

Immortal
melb cheat, get caught and there is no real punishment.
Unless not winning the comp or not making the finals for 1 season is considered punishment...

now they are winning the comp again.....sounds familar.

Perth Red

Post Whore
quality will out. Great coach, great club, great scouting , great jnr development programme, and all from a bunch of newcoming mexicans. I can see why other clubs and fans are jealous.

Shorty

Staff member
Uh, it's a Dave Chappelle reference.

There is alot of sense being made on both sides of the argument. I stopped caring late last year TBH. We were cheating, got caught and punished. No matter what the NRL could have done, whether it be letting us continue with the side on paycuts, a complete dismantling as has been suggested, or something in between, the rippling effects of the whole incident would have been felt throughout the competition as it is now. I get why people are pissed, and i was in the same boat, knowing that nothing that could be done could to properly rectify the situation.

The minor premiership race will be decided in rounds 24-25. Storm v Dragons then Manly v Storm, all three full strength? Yes please. Can we win? Maybe, but i'm not convinced. But it is sure to entertaining none the less.

So apparently the other 13 teams, and the rest in the 8 should just not bother trying:roll:

If I were the Storm I'd be more worried about the Broncos finishing strongly rather than the Dragons.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The great thing is A) we are in for a cracking finals series and B) NRL NEEDS a succesful Melbourne Storm and fortunately the disaster of the salary cap cheating hasn't done too much damage to the club.

POPEYE

Coach
The great thing is A) we are in for a cracking finals series and B) NRL NEEDS a succesful Melbourne Storm and fortunately the disaster of the salary cap cheating hasn't done too much damage to the club.

On the contrary, although an unfortunate chain of events which led to a vast array of histrionics could have led to the Storm's demise, the team has gained far more than it lost.

StormChaser

First Grade
tumblr_lkurv571Oy1qgejih.gif

u-jelly.gif

Butters

Bench
iGATn.jpg

Melbourne continue to show the NRL that they are the greatest team to ever put on the boots. Even after having the guts of the side ripped from them by the corrupt and hatefilled NRL, they still continue to dominate the competition.

Deal with it :cool:

Butters

Bench
Corrupt NRL? The Storm were punished for going 2 million over the salary cap you dolt. How is that corrupt?

A precedent had already been set by the NRL with the Bulldogs and the ARL with the Raiders as to how to deal with salary cap "cheats". Both teams were allowed to keep the players that they brought to the club by cheating the cap (an offence much worse than breaking the cap to keep players that Melbourne had brought up through their systems) and Canberra were even allowed to keep their premiership.

No other team was subjected to a complete audit of salary payments when Melbourne were found to be "cheating". You'd think the NRL would be concerned that maybe other teams might be "cheating" when they had no idea Melbourne were "cheating" until someone literally handed them proof.

During 06-09 the NRL made constant rule changes to effectively try to hamper the success of Melbourne.

etc etc.

Latest posts