What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitch Rein needs to go

GT0007

Juniors
Weak tackles = tackles that result in fast play the balls. Go find a stat on that so you can effectively engage in discussion on it.

My critism of him in this area is he tends to get caught under a player too often but I'd prefer that than miss the tackle altogether. The player up top is responsible for the wrestle and we are not winning it at all and I've been saying that all year. What I don't understand is if there is 3 in a tackle why it is always Rein making a week tackle? Surely they all are?

bottle

Coach
My critism of him in this area is he tends to get caught under a player too often but I'd prefer that than miss the tackle altogether. The player up top is responsible for the wrestle and we are not winning it at all and I've been saying that all year. What I don't understand is if there is 3 in a tackle why it is always Rein making a week tackle? Surely they all are?

Everything is Rein's fault man.

Just think 'Marcia, Marcia, Marcia', but substitute Rein instead.
Covers all contingencies.

hardbaby

Coach
Rein's biggest issue defensively is that he gets popped out the back too often. He makes the tackle, his initial contact is good, his technique is solid. But when the play the ball happens, he is to the side of the ruck, on the ground and leaving us with one marker. It happens so often it's not funny.

But defence is a team effort. There are other defenders in the same tackle and they don't seem to be able to put the guy down hard, win any wrestle or dominate in any manner. They just grab on and concede metres. The stats are a bit misleading with the Dragons. It's not missed tackles that hurt us. It's dancing nanny boy soft c**k tackles that do the damage.

On the whole most of the Dragons defend reasonable well but as a collective unit that are total rubbish. I can't actually recall a team that has less killer instinct than our guys. It seems to be accepted.

CronullaSaint

Juniors
I think we need to approach things one step at a time. Even the best hooker would be hopeless in this team. We need to fix the coaching situation first & then work on the players. It really isn't fair to judge anyone at the moment. No direction.

hardbaby

Coach
You're probably thinking of Orgasmo. It's a similar plot with a stunt c**k thrown in as an added extra.

By the way where has CS gone? He can't just waltz in, defend Rein, then disappear into the ether. I'd like him to share his views on Prior and Hunt as well.

hardbaby

Coach
Ah. A Lurker. Probably not a bad way to be given the angst within our forum at the moment. Lots of guys in here with dyed wool and long teeth that are pretty pissed off. Anyway, have fun.

GT0007

Juniors
Rein's biggest issue defensively is that he gets popped out the back too often. He makes the tackle, his initial contact is good, his technique is solid. But when the play the ball happens, he is to the side of the ruck, on the ground and leaving us with one marker. It happens so often it's not funny.

But defence is a team effort. There are other defenders in the same tackle and they don't seem to be able to put the guy down hard, win any wrestle or dominate in any manner. They just grab on and concede metres. The stats are a bit misleading with the Dragons. It's not missed tackles that hurt us. It's dancing nanny boy soft c**k tackles that do the damage.

On the whole most of the Dragons defend reasonable well but as a collective unit that are total rubbish. I can't actually recall a team that has less killer instinct than our guys. It seems to be accepted.

Correct!

Father Ted

First Grade
I think we need to approach things one step at a time. Even the best hooker would be hopeless in this team. We need to fix the coaching situation first & then work on the players. It really isn't fair to judge anyone at the moment. No direction.

The front office is the real problem
Ahh,

the voice of innocence.
Welcome CS.
You'll learn fast enough.

If he doesn't you'll soon teach him.

Latest posts