What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitch Rein needs to go

pinkmoon

Juniors
If he was playing behind Manlys pack you may have a point. I don't recall hookers getting picked primarily to tackle front rowers 40 times every week while the other forwards stand back and watch? You didn't mention the other 2 forwards that missed Paulo once Rein had slowed him down? You didn't mention Rein getting us a repeat set or saving a try? Rein does what he can with what he's got and Cam Smith would struggle with our pack ATM. With 50% completions we were lucky we weren't playing against a better team!

He is one of the reasons the pack is struggling, not the other way around. Rein behind a good pack is impossible, because they would become an average pack with his service. He is a speed bump and a liability.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
He is one of the reasons the pack is struggling, not the other way around. Rein behind a good pack is impossible, because they would become an average pack with his service. He is a speed bump and a liability.

Got to agree with this, the hooker has a lot to do with how the forwards are going as a pack. Our pack is under performing and although not all his fault Rein does have to answer to that. Why does he have to play 80 minutes anyway? No one else in the team can play dh? Most of the the time our backs run from dummy half anyway...

DRAGONSNZ

Bench
Garvey or we should go after Nafe Seluini, he was the junior warriors hooker before Saliva Havili. he had big raps on him until he went to the Panthers and they played him behind K Kingston the whole time and lost that touch, but once he went to the Roosters in 2012 he was playing some good footy ( much better than Rein has ever played), he is currently playing for the Burleigh Bears and Would be very cheap and would probably jump at the chance for a spot in first grade.

edit- Tough as nails and quick

pinkmoon

Juniors
I agree with Godz, we need to look at the understudies of clubs with top quality hookers. Parramatta snared Peats because Luke was established. Manly earmarked Jayden Hodges form the Cowboys as a future star and replacement for Matt Ballin moving forward, and we need to exercise the same foresight.

pinkmoon

Juniors
I am going to be extremely arrogant and say that those defending Mitch Rein do not really have an eye for the game; neither does Price, which is probably why he keeps picking him.

pinkmoon

Juniors
Guys like Peter Sterling you mean Pink?
He considers him 'a very good player'.

Jamie Lyon doesn't really respect Sterlo, or care too much about what he thinks, and I tend to think the same :lol:

Anyone that thinks Rein is adequate, does not grasp the fundamentals of Rugby League. If I was a hooker, I wouldn't pass the ball at my front rowers head for example :?

It's not nice to be so arrogant and put others down, but I am at home sitting behind my computer feeling pretty confident that I am right when it comes to Rein and his worth as a footballer.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
You're probably thinking of Orgasmo. It's a similar plot with a stunt c**k thrown in as an added extra.

By the way where has CS gone? He can't just waltz in, defend Rein, then disappear into the ether. I'd like him to share his views on Prior and Hunt as well.

Its me, Orgazmo - Choder Boy!

bottle

Coach
Jamie Lyon doesn't really respect Sterlo, or care too much about what he thinks, and I tend to think the same :lol:

Anyone that thinks Rein is adequate, does not grasp the fundamentals of Rugby League. If I was a hooker, I wouldn't pass the ball at my front rowers head for example :?

It's not nice to be so arrogant and put others down, but I am at home sitting behind my computer feeling pretty confident that I am right when it comes to Rein and his worth as a footballer.

So Sterlo doesn't understand the fundamentals of Rugby League. Gotcha.
I am 100% in agreeance with you on your self assessment in this case.

Godz Illa

Coach

:lol: I am howling at this moon. Love it. So true

pinkmoon

Juniors
I don't expect Rein to be Cameron Smith, but Smith really highlights how good service can single handedly transform a forward pack, regardless of the cattle. Bryan Norrie was nobody before he went to Melbourne, following stints with St George, Penrith and Cronulla (primarily in the lower grades), but he went to Melbourne and has since racked up 103 matches in four seasons of FG. I wonder why? Smith puts him into space behind the markers every play by taking them out and dishing a perfect pass, making him look like a world beater. Norrie is over the advantage line before he even gets the ball!

It's no surprise that Brisbane's form has improved with the maturing of Andrew McCulloch, ditto Jake Friend at the Roosters.

GT0007

Juniors
I am going to be extremely arrogant and say that those defending Mitch Rein do not really have an eye for the game; neither does Price, which is probably why he keeps picking him.

I think you meant ignorant! No one is suggesting Rein is the best hooker in the comp by a long shot but you are only focusing on negatives which are partially derived from last year. For various reasons out of Reins control we have had no go forward for 3yrs (even in Bennetts last 14 games) and are constantly back pedaling. The same reason Rein hasn't flourished is the same reason we haven't had a 7 or 6 that has. If you focus more on commonsense than arrogance your posts will appear more subjective as opposed to asinine[FONT=&quot]. I appreciate your passion and frustration but focus on the causes not the symptoms or we will have to sack 95% of the team[/FONT]

GT0007

Juniors
Garvey or we should go after Nafe Seluini, he was the junior warriors hooker before Saliva Havili. he had big raps on him until he went to the Panthers and they played him behind K Kingston the whole time and lost that touch, but once he went to the Roosters in 2012 he was playing some good footy ( much better than Rein has ever played), he is currently playing for the Burleigh Bears and Would be very cheap and would probably jump at the chance for a spot in first grade.

edit- Tough as nails and quick

Garvey did FA in the Cutters last week and thats NSW Cup level what makes you think he'll kick ass at NRL level? Doesn't make sense. I've seen glimpses that make me think he has potential and could make the cut at some point but as he's coming of the bench its a pretty big leap. Don't know Seluini but can't imagine having NRL exposure with 2 clubs wouldn't gain some interest in the NRL if he was consistantly that good

Jubileeboy

First Grade

We are not worthy....:sarcasm:
Who gives a f**k what Lyon thinks