What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitch Rein needs to go

Godz Illa

Coach
For various reasons out of Reins control we have had no go forward for 3yrs (even in Bennetts last 14 games) and are constantly back pedaling. The same reason Rein hasn't flourished is the same reason we haven't had
I hadn't thought of this before, but now that you mentioned Bennett.... Mitch Rein actually began starting at hooker for us halfway through 2011. Co-incidence?

jenninga

First Grade
I am going to be extremely arrogant and say that those defending Mitch Rein do not really have an eye for the game; neither does Price, which is probably why he keeps picking him.

Unlike yourself who watches the game through a browneye.
You don't rate him fine,we have 'bigger' problems in the pack.

jenninga

First Grade

I think you meant ignorant! No one is suggesting Rein is the best hooker in the comp by a long shot but you are only focusing on negatives which are partially derived from last year. For various reasons out of Reins control we have had no go forward for 3yrs (even in Bennetts last 14 games) and are constantly back pedaling. The same reason Rein hasn't flourished is the same reason we haven't had a 7 or 6 that has. If you focus more on commonsense than arrogance your posts will appear more subjective as opposed to asinine[FONT=&quot]. I appreciate your passion and frustration but focus on the causes not the symptoms or we will have to sack 95% of the team[/FONT]

Correct.

twinkletoes

Juniors
Unfortunately Garvey, who was going to be the best thing since sliced bread is "SULKING" in the Cutters for having been suspended by the club...he no longer has any motivation and probably should be moved on.

possm

Coach
I feel confident that if we have a new coach appointed it won't be long before we see Garvey as run on hooker (80min).

No more poor service, no more spped bump.

jenninga

First Grade
I feel confident that if we have a new coach appointed it won't be long before we see Garvey as run on hooker (80min).

No more poor service, no more spped bump.

Again this push for Garvey is ridiculous,he has shown he is no better than Rein.

pinkmoon

Juniors

I think you meant ignorant! No one is suggesting Rein is the best hooker in the comp by a long shot but you are only focusing on negatives which are partially derived from last year. For various reasons out of Reins control we have had no go forward for 3yrs (even in Bennetts last 14 games) and are constantly back pedaling. The same reason Rein hasn't flourished is the same reason we haven't had a 7 or 6 that has. If you focus more on commonsense than arrogance your posts will appear more subjective as opposed to asinine[FONT=&quot]. I appreciate your passion and frustration but focus on the causes not the symptoms or we will have to sack 95% of the team[/FONT]

We are back pedalling because of Rein, not the other way around. The guy can barely pass a football, and a large facet of his role is to do this rigorously for 80 minutes a match.

I watched last years GF from high up in the stands at ANZ Stadium, and both sides were clinical. It was like a well oiled machine, and everything was sharp and precise. We can't even get the ball off the ground and into our forwards hands properly, so what chance have we got of competing with the top teams?

mighty v

Juniors
For all the REIN knockers ,maybe you should have a look at some stats before opening the mouth

Forwards suck ,and Rein has topped the tackle count 4 weeks running

He averages 40-50 tackles a game

Next best is Merrin,then daylight

Maybe if we actually had a forward that could help ,he wouldnt be so tired ,and be able to concentrate on his offense

pinkmoon

Juniors
For all the REIN knockers ,maybe you should have a look at some stats before opening the mouth

Maybe if we actually had a forward that could help ,he wouldnt be so tired ,and be able to concentrate on his offense

geez, and here I was thinking his job was to make a high number of tackles during a match :shock:

I wonder why McCulloch, Nathan Friend, Ballin, and Jake Friend have made more than him this season?

RedVDragon

Juniors

blacksafake

First Grade

Stats can also be misleading especially defence,2nd,3rd etc men into a tackle are also given the tackle count as well.It is just like metres gained fullbacks & wingers are given metres everytime they return kicks as compared to the forwards who maybe do 20-30 hit ups.Me personally i would rather he did 20-30 effective tackles a game & supplied better service/options from dummy half.

RedVDragon

Juniors
He could really tackle couldn't he showed in the weekend. Was run over like a freight train. He goes high rather around the ankles. He just cannot get us rolling forward.

jenninga

First Grade
Reckon Mitch Rein wishes Prior was still with us.
Wow we have a pack of forwards who have been abysmal lately and you pick on one guy,the only guy who busts his arse more than half the others.And the solution is even more absurd,to promote Garvey,who was so out of place last time he played 1st grade,then another dill wants Witt.

Mr Red

First Grade
Reckon Mitch Rein wishes Prior was still with us.
Wow we have a pack of forwards who have been abysmal lately and you pick on one guy,the only guy who busts his arse more than half the others.And the solution is even more absurd,to promote Garvey,who was so out of place last time he played 1st grade,then another dill wants Witt.

he still has Dan Hunt and Plodder Ah Mau for cannon fodder..
but i get your point, i'm not a big Rein fan, i think he is too one-dimensional from dummy half...
however i do agree that with proper coaching i think he can improve 100% technically, as the effort is WAY above most of the other forwards at the moment.... just lacking is his execution which is easy to fix with proper coaching... i cant fault his commitment at least....

jenninga

First Grade
We are back pedalling because of Rein, not the other way around. The guy can barely pass a football, and a large facet of his role is to do this rigorously for 80 minutes a match.

I watched last years GF from high up in the stands at ANZ Stadium, and both sides were clinical. It was like a well oiled machine, and everything was sharp and precise. We can't even get the ball off the ground and into our forwards hands properly, so what chance have we got of competing with the top teams?

Well well,both grandfinalists were clinical,the 2 best sides usually do play off in the GF.
When you finish your Rein rant,is there anyone else in the 25 man Dragon squad you aren't happy with,or is it only Rein who sh*ts you.

gonz

Juniors
Well well,both grandfinalists were clinical,the 2 best sides usually do play off in the GF.
When you finish your Rein rant,is there anyone else in the 25 man Dragon squad you aren't happy with,or is it only Rein who sh*ts you.

The whole pack prob bar Merrin and Frizzel need to go....Merrin has become a skipper and dancer under clueless.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Under a new coach the pack will become good. Au Mau will probably be lucky to play any NRL game again. He may get picked up by Newtown or the Bears. Same for Will Matthews.

Harrison, Merrin, Hunt, Creagh, Frizzell, Joel Thompson, Jack De Belin and Stockwell will imporve immensely. Harrisson, Hunt and Creagh just need to go beack to their high standards again as they have proven before that they can play at a high. A wealth of Finals footy experience between the 3. All part of Grand Final teams.