What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitch Rein needs to go

Datramp

Juniors
Like I said enough is enough bring on Witt, Garvey, Stanley, Craig Young even Peter Doust would do a better job than Mitch Rein.

Yes... because we went so well with Stanley coming on at DH.. Rein is the best hooker we have. Garvey can't even get a start for the cutters.

That being said there are a few good/promising hookers off contract next year Rory Kostjasyn, Masada Iosefa, Kingston and Matt Srama would all be decent choices IMO

Godz Illa

Coach
Souths have re-signed Issac Luke. We should be sniffing around his understudies. Both Korosau and McInnes would be big upgrades on Rein. Announce the 2015 coach asap so he can identify this massive gap and start recruiting.

Cruisin_Dugan

Juniors
Price, if he is to stay, needs to grow some fu#king balls and drop under performers. Like every other coach.

Rein out (or benched) replaced by Garvey.
Mata'Utia to stay on wing ( Right centre if Nighty is fit)
Harrison out - Jack Bird onto bench
Hunt Out - Groat or Ailomai to brought in to the top 17

1 Dugan
2 Morris
3 Beale
4 Mata'Utia
5 Nightingale
6 Widdop
7 Marshall

8 Cooper
9 Garvey
10 Creagh

11 Frizel
12 Ah Mau
13 Merrin

14 Bird
15 Thompson
16 Groat
17 Ailomai (Stockwell if fit)

BennyV

Referee
Price, if he is to stay, needs to grow some fu#king balls and drop under performers. Like every other coach.

1 Dugan
2 Morris
3 Beale
4 Mata'Utia
5 Nightingale
6 Widdop
7 Marshall

8 Cooper
9 Garvey
10 Creagh

11 Frizel
12 Ah Mau
13 Merrin

14 Bird
15 Thompson
16 Groat

Dude, youre post lost all credibility when y0u named Groat...

jenninga

First Grade
Souths have re-signed Issac Luke. We should be sniffing around his understudies. Both Korosau and McInnes would be big upgrades on Rein. Announce the 2015 coach asap so he can identify this massive gap and start recruiting.

This ^^^^^^^

jenninga

First Grade
So you suggest to keep Hunt playing every week?

We need a shake up .. players need to be dropped and work for their spots!

If you have seen Groat play this season,you would see he doesn't work for his spot in the Cutters.A massive disappointment.

reg_redv_legend

Juniors

1 Dugan
2 Morris
3 Beale
4 Mata'Utia
5 Nightingale
6 Widdop
7 Marshall

8 Cooper
9 Garvey
10 Creagh

11 Frizel
12 Ah Mau
13 Merrin

14 Bird
15 Thompson
16 Groat

matt groan out, ahmau & thompson swap, other than that i really like it :)

GT0007

Juniors
He is targeted because he is no Cam Smith.Fair dinkum the bloke is hardly our worst player,if he misses a tackle or 2 he is targeted,but what about the 45 tackles he does make,or the 10 m runs from dummy half,or the tries he scores.
All this sh*t about Garvey,what has he done to deserve a call up,and poor old Cam King is on the sidelines AGAIN.
The only guy I would have kept as a hooking option is Damian Cook,but he was punted.

100% Correct but you forgot the try saving tackles he makes as well. I had a good laugh at someone implying Rein should be making the forwards run harder hahaha. People should try watching each game and player on its merits instead of having preconceived ideas as it just makes them say stupid irrelevant things. Blaming Rein for missing Paulo is like having a go at Soward for missing Englis ffs did anyone notice Cooper and another forward miss him as well?

GT0007

Juniors

1 Dugan
2 Morris
3 Beale
4 Mata'Utia
5 Nightingale
6 Widdop
7 Marshall

8 Cooper
9 Garvey
10 Creagh

11 Frizel
12 Ah Mau
13 Merrin

14 Bird
15 Thompson
16 Groat

This is precisely what's wrong with this forum when you have someone who doesn't watch the lower grades picking a team. If you do watch that's even worse! Groat is a slug and hasn't broken a tackle or bent the line once in NSW Cup. Garvey did nothing against Wentworthville and is still playing off the bench but you want to start him in FG? While Bird has some skill he is not even close to NRL selection and if you watched the 20's you would see Lolo score 3 tries this week and he has been our best forward most weeks. Also u drop Rein who tops the tackle count every week and JDB who is our best defender.

Ailoamai is a reasonable selection in place of Hunt given he is the only viable prop but Kilifi has probably been the cutters best forward

Last edited:

Godz Illa

Coach
Blaming Rein for missing Paulo is like having a go at Soward for missing Englis ffs did anyone notice Cooper and another forward miss him as well?
The key difference being Soward was not in the team primarily for his defence. Soward conducted the team and won us games with his ballplaying, passing and kicking game. Rein is producing nothing near that, in fact he is a hindrance. If he could tackle like Matt Ballin I'd forgive the lack of creativity, poor service, errors, penalties and lack of any ability to engage defence and help our forwards roll on. And if he could provide us thrust around the ruck i could forgive his poor defence. At the moment all he's providing is an uninjured body, the occasional kick and "trying hard".

dragonreddy

Juniors
This is precisely what's wrong with this forum when you have someone who doesn't watch the lower grades picking a team. If you do watch that's even worse! Groat is a slug and hasn't broken a tackle or bent the line once in NSW Cup. Garvey did nothing against Wentworthville and is still playing off the bench but you want to start him in FG? While Bird has some skill he is not even close to NRL selection and if you watched the 20's you would see Lolo score 3 tries this week and he has been our best forward most weeks. Also u drop Rein who tops the tackle count every week and JDB who is our best defender.

Ailoamai is a reasonable selection in place of Hunt given he is the only viable prop but Kilifi has probably been the cutters best forward

Your'e right GT ,ive watched a few cutters games on FOXTEL and i have to say there isnt many playing in Cutters that would cut it in NRL, it actually looks a big gap between NSWcup and NRL, INTERESTINGLY I think the INTRUST SUPER CUP up here in QLD is of a higher standard.

GT0007

Juniors
Your'e right GT ,ive watched a few cutters games on FOXTEL and i have to say there isnt many playing in Cutters that would cut it in NRL, it actually looks a big gap between NSWcup and NRL, INTERESTINGLY I think the INTRUST SUPER CUP up here in QLD is of a higher standard.

That's not good news for future SOO lol but we do seem to win the NSW Cup & under 20s SOO so I don't know why that doesn't transfer to the main game

GT0007

Juniors
The key difference being Soward was not in the team primarily for his defence. Soward conducted the team and won us games with his ballplaying, passing and kicking game. Rein is producing nothing near that, in fact he is a hindrance. If he could tackle like Matt Ballin I'd forgive the lack of creativity, poor service, errors, penalties and lack of any ability to engage defence and help our forwards roll on. And if he could provide us thrust around the ruck i could forgive his poor defence. At the moment all he's providing is an uninjured body, the occasional kick and "trying hard".

If he was playing behind Manlys pack you may have a point. I don't recall hookers getting picked primarily to tackle front rowers 40 times every week while the other forwards stand back and watch? You didn't mention the other 2 forwards that missed Paulo once Rein had slowed him down? You didn't mention Rein getting us a repeat set or saving a try? Rein does what he can with what he's got and Cam Smith would struggle with our pack ATM. With 50% completions we were lucky we weren't playing against a better team!

Last edited:

bottle

Coach
You should know by now GT that when discussing Mitch only negative analysis is countenanced.
Positives aren't allowed.

Latest posts