What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

Hiekka

Juniors
Watched all the Roosters games this year, and not sure of what to make of our Number 7.

On the positive side:
  • 100% effort every game
  • Great competitor
  • First class kicking game
  • Great passing game
  • Great ability to break the line
On the other side:
  • Defensive lapses - particularly in one on one situations.
  • Poor execution at times - looking rushed on last tackle options
Curious to know what supporters would take MP over their current halfback?

beads6

First Grade
He is garbage, I think the Roosters will do well to see him at Manly in the coming seasons.

natheel

Coach
Brian Smith will get him either focused and motivated for next season or pearce will hate him and move on

watatank

Coach
I agree with the original post.

I think he's a much better defender than what most likely would give credit for and better than most halfbacks going around.

I'd love to see Pearce in my team tbh.

Hanscholo

Bench
I think the Roosters have a gem in Mitchell Pierce. I can forgive the odd rush of blood, and the odd missed tackle - generally netheir are part of his game and with time both will all but disappear. Your left with a bloke that can step, run and kick well and in this day and age if that person can also tackle you cant go wrong.

Smith Machine

Juniors
He would be awesome at newcastle, we need a halfback like him! he is still very young remember but i think will be an australian player one day. I think he is NSW answer for their halfback problems. He just needs time in those big games, not just one.

Downie

Guest Moderator
If I had to choose between him and Orford for 2010, I'd go with Pearce at the moment, especially as he's good mates with Foran and will probably go well in the halves together.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Who's better than him?

Thurston
Prince
Cronk

Kimmorley & Orford are solid but can go MIA in big games.

Funny enough everyone of those players has a wealth of experience over him.

So what are we criticizing him for exactly? Being young and playing in a dud team...

Give the kid a chance before you write him off as a bum.

caylo

Bench
I think early in the yea he look unadventuras and reserved, didnt want to pull off a play just went through the motions and kicked on the last. IMO he didnt look for the try early on, but after Braith got injured I think he took it apon himself to lead the team and set up the play and showed his hand. He is extreamly young, but ATM i would pick Kris Keating over Mitchell Pearce at halfback (probably bias) because I see Keating as a more adventuras player. If Pearce gets its right he could go on and do some very good things but atm he is not close to some of the best halfback in the game. ATM i would rate the following players over him at halfack: Thurston, Prince, Cronk, Kimmorley, Orford, Wallace, Hornsby, Mullen (similar problem but is more advanced in his development). There is just a few off the top of my head, Im not saying Pearce is a bad player I just think atm he is veyr green and was probably brough into grade way to early (17 years old... they should have waited a year or 2 IMO). He came in with a boom but is developing very well and next year could be the making of him as a halfback with carney outside of him. Pearce is also not aided by his crappy outside backs but in a year or 2 I think he will be a very classy act

trudge

Bench
Sorry but Over-overrated.
Put him in the Mullen category.

Neither had impressed as much as Mortimer.

C'mon Watatank, over Hornby? No bro.

When you consider he went over half the season without a decent partner, I think he did pretty well. Yeah, some of his last tackle options were a worry but I hope we persevere with him.

Latest posts