What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More home games moved to ANZ stadium in 2009?

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
can't someone just buy the club? i'd be up for it, if it means not merging and we can then stay at parra stadium....

Parra

Referee
The only thing that stops me from going to the Olympic stadium is the stadium.

Seats are simply too far away, and despite the sprawl of the play, the seats are also too close together. There is no upside, from a spectator point of view.

It costs more, you are uncomfortable and you can't see the game properly.

Parra stadium is the best place in Sydney to watch the footy.

Suitman

Post Whore
Parra said:
The only thing that stops me from going to the Olympic stadium is the stadium.

Seats are simply too far away, and despite the sprawl of the play, the seats are also too close together. There is no upside, from a spectator point of view.

It costs more, you are uncomfortable and you can't see the game properly.

Parra stadium is the best place in Sydney to watch the footy.

If we want to get into an "Us vs Them" scenario, how about we talk about the positives of Homebush?

- Catering is fantasitic - queues move quickly, service is generally friendly.
- Bars are well managed - serve drinks, pay at checkout point.
- Toilets kept clean and queues are rare.
- Access and ticket purchasing are well organised and move quickly.
- Security people are not gorillas.
- Views are generally alright - EVERYONE IN THE STADIUM CAN SEE A SCREEN.

These are issues that Parra Stadium falls well short of - particularly the catering and toilet issues. Parra Stadium is appalling in these aspects.

I'd go to Homebush for the facilites ANYDAY, over Parra Stadium.
Parra would be my choice for access and convenience otherwise.

Suity

Parra

Referee
I disagree on every single point.

Food is closer quicker and cheaper at Parra.

Even the screens are too far away at Homebush - let alone the live action which may as well be in another suburb.

Seating is just too cramped.

caylo

Bench
Suitman said:
If we want to get into an "Us vs Them" scenario, how about we talk about the positives of Homebush?

These are issues that Parra Stadium falls well short of - particularly the catering and toilet issues. Parra Stadium is appalling in these aspects.

I'd go to Homebush for the facilites ANYDAY, over Parra Stadium.
Parra would be my choice for access and convenience otherwise.

Suity

The one thing I hate about parramatta stadium is the fact that it is not central to any sort of public transport and parking is a nightmare. A traing to homebush is much easyer IMO than getting to parramatta stadium. Parramatta stadium had a better hill, now the seating has ruined that, those advertising signs are just down right stupid.

It only advantage is that it is closer to the action but i think if most games were held at homebush I would attend more (esp after uni, it on the way home from the city), and we would see bigger crowds. We would have an average crowd of 25k IMO and that will not happen at Parramatta stadium to be honest because like you said there is no real reason to go there anymore. If they fix up the stadium, I would be happy to stay at parramatta stadium, and maybe sponsership of the stadium would be an idea. Until then I am happy to be at homebush.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
ANZ is a hassle for people to get to. At Parramatta Stadium I can either park in the Leagues club or down the street. ANZ I either have to take the shuttle or drive to a station and use the train (no guarantee with the trains these days as to what time I will get there).

Stagger eel

Staff member
fish eel said:
I think the decision to shift to ANZ was made prior to the election, wasnt it?

In any case, neither federal party made a committment on the stadium, whoever won, had no real obligation to come up with the funding.

In any case, my recollection of it is that it was three way funding proposal, wasn't it? And the upgrade's are much more than the grandstands as we know.

Why aren't we pressuring the state to come up with their money now to atleast start? As I said, we missed an opportunity to leaver the statue issue to pressure the state, and we were mute during the federal campaign when we should have been publicly banging on both parties doors to give us some money.

but is that the job of the club or the trust?? if the trust aren't keen enough to treat us like the valued tenant we are than they have evey right not to waste their energy in lobbying the feds for a grant.

Bigfella

Coach
I have to agree with Suity's points concerning catering at Parra stadium. Utterly atrocious and no point even trying to get a beer if you are serious about watching the footy IMO.

I wonder if they get enough teams playing some or all games out of ANZ they will be running double headers - or even all 3 super saturday games - out of there?

Could add to the atmosphere and the problem of having a vast stadium and not enough spectators?

fish eel

Immortal
Stagger eel said:
but is that the job of the club or the trust?? if the trust aren't keen enough to treat us like the valued tenant we are than they have evey right not to waste their energy in lobbying the feds for a grant.

well the club were the ones that lobbied the state govt.

suitman said:

at parra

Catering is terrible at Parramatta
Bars are poorly managed with long endless cues
toilets, not the best
Access and ticketing, great except if there's a big crowd lol
Security - over the top nazis
Views, all round better views than homebush. much closer. Most recent season ticket newsletter said they were foxing that problem on the northern hill with the video screen

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
They're going to remove thousands of dollars worth of signage? :lol: That'll be the day.

strider

Post Whore
yeah - they claimed they would raise the video screen to help the ppl on the northern end :lol: ..... FMD - how high do they plan to raise it? - it'd have to be towering over the stadium to actually let the northern end ppl see it :lol: :lol:

The Engineers Room

First Grade
They could make it into the Price Statue. Have a huge Ray Price holding it aloft, like the picture he wanted and just replace the trophy with the screen.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I park near westmead station and walk through the park to the stadium. Its a great walk. Just me and dad. It would how ever be a bit easier if the trust could keep the park open at night. This might not go down to well, but alot of the park is never used and some could be made into parking spots or lots.

Freak2

Juniors
If we get anywhere near the figure of 36,000 that they indicated in the paper today than the move for this R1 game would be a MASSIVE financial success. No-one could doubt that.

In saying this though; I have been going to Parra stadium to watch our team over the past 20 years and to now look for an alternative option on a more consistant basis enoys me, but if it is the difference between surviving and not then it looks like I will be heading down Viccy Rd a little more often than I would prefer!

By the way: What would the stadium be worth to purchase outright?? $50M?

Latest posts